Thank you BBR for the mufflers!

OveRBoreD

Established Member

TT 5.0 by OveRBoreD302, on Flickr

Complete with muffler bearings!

What we are looking at here is my unfinished Hellion twin turbo 2011 Manual GT.

Talked to steve for hours about this project. Everyone on the BBR team was great to talk to and answered any of my questions without hesitation even at 7pm. I must have sent them 20 odd emails. Of course coordinating a project this big is daunting with all the parts shipping out on time being a "custom" sort of build but everything showed up on time even if they didn't ship on time. BBR putting in work! Its the standard kit with ID1000's, Vortech non-prog BAP, Lethal off road x and of course BBR tune. This project took a couple friends and I on a lift about 30 hours. As I said it is unfinished. The idle is a little jumpy and high (thinking its a vacuum leak), the drivers side downpipe hits the steering column sometimes, and worst of all the tee for the turbo feeds(the fittings into the block) are leaking. Pain in the butt to put together and didn't think to remove the alternator/oil filter to get in there tight. Unfortunately my time is up on my buddys lift so I'm sending it to a shop to finish. The car is immense fun on the streets and hits boost REALLY fast even just on waste gate. The turbo sound is awesome. Will get videos later after I can get these couple issues fixed. At that time a GFB GeForce II will be going on as well.

OveRBoreD

Established Member
Bucket/slamd/badbiach/torchy did any of you guys have problems with your oil tees leaking? I couldn't get enouph spins on them to where they where real tight and in the right position.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Chris,
Like I have said over the phone, it's been nice and a pleasure to work with you on this and will continue to get you dialed in and help when needed. Even after hours, I can still check PM's if any questions arise.

Will shoot you a call today to discuss some things for ya.

BUCKET

Established Member
No leaks on mine that I am aware of. I will have car in the air soon for other stuff, I will look just to make sure

OveRBoreD

Established Member
No leaks on mine that I am aware of. I will have car in the air soon for other stuff, I will look just to make sure

Did you guys get them super tight or just hand tight? Also found out that they are AN fittings for the ends that connect to the braided line. I put Teflon/thread sealer on them. :nonono:

Torchy

Established Member
The tee tree was a little bit of a puzzle but no none of mine leak. As your threading the pipe thread portion it's going to start to get tight right at where you want them. Then do another full revolution after that. I used Teflon tape on all the pipe threads. Leave the Teflon tape off the AN side:)

Did ya get it all finished up?

OveRBoreD

Established Member
The tee tree was a little bit of a puzzle but no none of mine leak. As your threading the pipe thread portion it's going to start to get tight right at where you want them. Then do another full revolution after that. I used Teflon tape on all the pipe threads. Leave the Teflon tape off the AN side:)

Did ya get it all finished up?

No I can't finish the tee until Thursday due to the auto hobby shop on bases schedule. That 90 decree tee gets REALLY hard to turn when it is 180 degrees from where it is supposed to be. They all get real hard to turn real fast. Besides, most of the leak seems to be from the top AN fitting. Did you remove the alternator and oil filter to install the tees? Also still have to put the bumper cover back on.

Are you running BBR's email tune? Did you need to make any revisions?

I think I'm going to datalog tomorrow. Idle is a little high(around 950-1k) and there are a couple hiccups but nothing BBR can't handle I'm sure. Other than that the car feels decent. Not quite as strong out of boost but like I said its the initial tune.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
No I can't finish the tee until Thursday due to the auto hobby shop on bases schedule. That 90 decree tee gets REALLY hard to turn when it is 180 degrees from where it is supposed to be. They all get real hard to turn real fast. Besides, most of the leak seems to be from the top AN fitting. Did you remove the alternator and oil filter to install the tees? Also still have to put the bumper cover back on.

I think I'm going to datalog tomorrow. Idle is a little high(around 950-1k) and there are a couple hiccups but nothing BBR can't handle I'm sure. Other than that the car feels decent. Not quite as strong out of boost but like I said its the initial tune.

Will not take long and we will take care of ya :beer:

That's great! BBR and Steve have always been cool guys.
-Garrett
:beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread