TH400 Swap Questions

Joyrider564

Established Member
Pulled the trigger and bought a TH400 and the majority of parts from kweb288 on here, and currently going through the process of taking the old T56 out, and putting the TH400. However, I have a couple of questions:

1) Speedometer. The transmission came with the 34-39 tooth driven gear, and an adapter to convert it to an electronic signal. Has anybody used a setup similar to this on their 03/04 Cobra? If so, do you remember what settings you put into the computer to get it to work? I called PATC, and they said that since the setup I have converts it to an electronic signal, it would just be a matter if tweaking the settings, but they were unsure of the settings.

2) Vent tube. Where is everyone running their vent tube, and are you running a catch can? I have a fitting on the car for a push lock hose, which I need to buy, just need to know where people are putting their tube, and if they are running a catch can.

Thanks in advance for any help you all can pass on!

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
found this info for my 4r70w, don't know if it's the same.
I don't know if you have adjusted it in your SCT yet? But the output gear on the 4R70W outputs less pulses per MPH than the T-56. The reluctor wheel in the Output shaft has 6 reluctors instead of 12 from the T-56/T3650.
Here is what needs to be changed in the SCT software so that the speedometer works correctly. Scalars>Systemswitches>Number of holes for OSS Sensor - Change it to 6 instead of 12.

Joyrider564

Established Member
Thanks, I am gonna hook it up and see if it is something I will be able to sort out in the tune.

I am excited to get this transmission in, but my jack comes up short on the T56. Need to get a transmission jack tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread