TH400 Swap parts list and questions.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
We have basic install instructions we send with our kits.

Any other questions you have though during the conversion though were only a phone call away. Between Eric and I we're both well versed on how these swaps work and how to set them up. So we can walk you through just about anything.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
These th400 packages incude installation information?

It is a pretty straight forward swap, I know a few that have done it and you can get a very nice built TH400 for very cheap these days and the rest of the stuff can be found in a summit catalog.

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
Not all th400 are created equal. There is a lot more to it than price to decide on them.
I prefer Rossler, Coan, TSI they are all very well proven in high hp. Also consider the transbrakes they use. A Rossler and Grinner brakes work the best. Look at the drums and sprags used in them as well and the one way roller clutch. Also a mechanical diode converter works a lot better than a sprag converter.
Pro Torque and Neal Chance are the best ones for a turbo Converter

The swap is pretty simple

I have a custom built billet drummed th400 with Neal Chance converter in my 2014

You might talk to Hutch on YellowBullet before buying a trans though

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Not all th400 are created equal. There is a lot more to it than price to decide on them.
I prefer Rossler, Coan, TSI they are all very well proven in high hp. Also consider the transbrakes they use. A Rossler and Grinner brakes work the best. Look at the drums and sprags used in them as well and the one way roller clutch. Also a mechanical diode converter works a lot better than a sprag converter.
Pro Torque and Neal Chance are the best ones for a turbo Converter

The swap is pretty simple

I have a custom built billet drummed th400 with Neal Chance converter in my 2014

Hutch is an great man. He's helped me on several occasions. Also, Dave @ Proformance Racing Transmissions builds some extremely high-quality TH400's. PTC makes a great converter, too.

I never like to say anyone is "the best" b/c more often than not, there are several out there that build a quality product. Service after the sale is as, if not more important (to me).

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member

Hutch is an great man. He's helped me on several occasions. Also, Dave Proformance Racing Transmissions builds some extremely high-quality TH400's. PTC makes a great converter, too.

I never like to say anyone is "the best" b/c more often than not, there are several out there that build a quality product. Service after the sale is as, if not more important (to me).

I can't say enough about Hutch. He spent tons of time on the phone and in email answering my questions before I ever spent a dime. I'm running his glide and it has worked out great. Definitely a good dood to deal with.

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
what did yall wire the shifter to for neutral safety switch
Speedo
And reverse lights?

Rev lights and neutral safety are on the micro switches my outlaw shifter came with.
Speedo I used a late 80's early 90's 3/4 ton truck elec speed sensor and reluctor but those are rare and hard to get.
Another option is the Dakota digital electric speedo converter

Users who are viewing this thread