Th Friday night GTG is back!!

Russyo

Established Member
This is basically saying his car makes 50+whp less than my car, weighs ~100lbs more, and the outcome you witnessed happened. Its just not a possibility. The very next meet I went to (the next morning) someone said "yeah I heard he makes 800 plus to the wheels." Which coincidentally was the amount I speculated after the race(from the side of the road :nonono: ).

I know on race gas he has said that he makes around 750whp. But he's been working on his tune lately and trying to get it to run right. he has to change the plugs alot in order for it to run good.

Which... he did before he came out. His car does run good, but I wont say he's makeing 800whp. I just dont believe that, becaues he didnt put a hurting on me enough to make me think it has that much...at least not that night.

I'd say somewhere in the 600 range would be about right. But I have no idea, no one really does except him and his tuner. Just what we've heard.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I've never seen someone so cocky and abrasive when it comes to a race involving someone elses car and a race that you didnt even witness. And trying to set up a money race with someone elses car is :rollseyes.

I completely agree with this. No hard feelings on my part either. I look forward to seeing you guys out in the future, and maybe getting some good runs in.

Guess what, I did what you failed to do - beat the Civic. :lol:

It's all fun bro. I just found it really funny where in a world where everyone lies about what is done to their car and how much power is makes, the Skyline was honest about it and got called a liar about it. Come on back out anytime, we'll see about getting the Skyline on race gas so you can see the difference. You can apologize then. :thumbsup:

Bruce954

We'll Do It Live!!
Established Member
Guess what, I did what you failed to do - beat the Civic. :lol:

It's all fun bro. I just found it really funny where in a world where everyone lies about what is done to their car and how much power is makes, the Skyline was honest about it and got called a liar about it. Come on back out anytime, we'll see about getting the Skyline on race gas so you can see the difference. You can apologize then. :thumbsup:

The civic and I are 1 and 1. The rubber match coming soon.
You may have beat him but not on his current setup. I venture to guess you wouldn't even be close.

When we raced the Skyline wasn't at 600whp, period. If you want to keep back seat racing the Skyline thats fine. As of right now I don't have anything for him. He should probably be looking for cars closer to his power level.

I don't know what else to say on the subject. No need to keep beating a dead horse. I look forward to seeing you guys at the various meets in the future. :beer:

Russyo

Established Member
I believe we would be 2 and 0, you broke, thus giving up the win on the second run. You can't claim it a win when you didnt run it out.

But......... it doesnt matter at all. I'd like to run you again when your car is healthy. To make it more fun for us both!!

1 and 1, sound ok to me though.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
The civic and I are 1 and 1. The rubber match coming soon.
You may have beat him but not on his current setup. I venture to guess you wouldn't even be close.

When we raced the Skyline wasn't at 600whp, period. If you want to keep back seat racing the Skyline thats fine. As of right now I don't have anything for him. He should probably be looking for cars closer to his power level.

I don't know what else to say on the subject. No need to keep beating a dead horse. I look forward to seeing you guys at the various meets in the future. :beer:

LOL, whatever you need to tell yourself to make yourself feel better. :lol:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
I wanna race the Vette!:lol1: wait no I dont, Im racing this Skyline instead.:banana:

Have fun guys and be safe.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Don't mind Matt. He has nothing worth racing and is just trying to stay relevant. :lol:

Im sellin the 04 when market turns in a few years (hopefully not that long) and taking the vert off my dad's hands. Rather have that than the termy anyway.

Last edited:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Man, I hope so. I was working 60 hours per week up until this week so I really don't know what it's going to look like that week.

Do any of your cars run right now Matt?

What Steve said, and the vert runs decent (mid 600s)... I'll be runnin in it when I get back in 2 weeks. Hope it doesnt break again, but hey, I don't really give two shits, it needs a T56 anyway.:lol1:

Dont care about the Cobras, they are both slow and Im selling both of em.

Not real sure why Steve is hatin, I thought he liked when I raced.:beer: I think he's just mad cause I said he can't ride shot gun.:poke:

boostedmr2

So he puts down 800 on pump? And runs like shit against near stock vipers in every other video?
He was trying to prove that his car isn't as slow as it looks in other vidoes, I get it. But you guys can't act like the skyline was the same "pump gas" setup as before.

Bruce, hey I'm James, I was the guy videotaping in the skyline that night, and I also rode in the skyline the day he ran the stock 08 Viper your talking about.

It was good to meet you guys, your vette looks great and rolls out HARD!! Hopefully Taylor can squeeze you in soon to get a little extra power put of that thing!!

I wanted to clear the air on the skyline, the owner is a good friend of mine and honestly if you got to know him, you'd understand that he is NOT the type of guy to sandbag with something like pump/race gas. In fact I was with The owner before the meet when he filled up his tank on pump. This 800whp claim is crazy, I have no idea who would have said that cause it's not true. The owner thinks* it's 500-600whp, but hasn't dynod the car on this turbo setup he's had for ~4 or 5 months now. I'll also atest to how HARD his car rolled out this night, I've been put several times in this car pump & race, but I can say for sure it ran great on his pump tune that night...and like SHIT that day against the viper.

All that happened was, we all ran, the car very much suprized you but that's about it.

Also after that 2nd run when your blower belt blew, we circled the frontage road for 5 miles both directions looking for you since we figured something had happened with no luck, we diane want to leave you high and dry.

Anyway, you guys are always welcome out in my book!

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
I'll be in the Houston-esque area after the Texas Mile if anyone has a problem with the DFW racing scene..

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Houston = Jealous.

Matt, I thought I told you all along, put Steve in the trunk for better traction.

No need, car has a 12W7 over the axle... It hooks VERY nicely. Broke the input shaft last time I ran it with Steve, I think him and the full tank of gas was too much for the trans. Next time I race it I will be by myself (I've also lost 15 lbs) and only a few gallons of gas... That sould be about 300 lbs less than it was at least, and I think the tranny might live.:shrug: It just has to get me home, next time I drive it after this month, it gets a T56 and dual disc McLeod.

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
No need, car has a 12W7 over the axle... It hooks VERY nicely. Broke the input shaft last time I ran it with Steve, I think him and the full tank of gas was too much for the trans. Next time I race it I will be by myself (I've also lost 15 lbs) and only a few gallons of gas... That sould be about 300 lbs less than it was at least, and I think the tranny might live.:shrug: It just has to get me home, next time I drive it after this month, it gets a T56 and dual disc McLeod.

Ain't that about a bitch! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread