Texas officer kills dude handcuffed ??

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
Cliffs of video? Its 40 minutes long....

Officers move this guy, who is handcuffed, through a series of doors, hallways, etc. by dragging him since he is seemingly uncooperative. They finally get him through the last door and he starts flailing around, while handcuffed. As he is on the ground, one officer (out of two) backs up, draws his gun, and shoots the guy. He continues to flail around while blood starts to get everywhere. Eventually he stops and the medics come and take him away.

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
Understand shooting where there's a threat, but that guy was obviously not a threat face down and overpowered by two dudes.

paluka21

Established Member
That is ridiculous. There was no reason to shoot this guy despite what he may have been saying, or him flailing around. Said cop should be thrown in jail with the inmate population of a penitentiary to "straight him up" a bit.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
"The video does not show an important event that happened earlier in the day," Jopling said in the CLEAT statement. "When Mr. Saenz was in his holding cell at the Pebble Hills Regional Command Center, he was observed moving his cuffed hands from behind his body to the front of his body. This is called 'fronting' his cuffs. Mr. Saenz, who was in bare feet, put his shoes on and, when finished, moved his handcuffs back behind his body. Mr. Saenz did this with great agility and speed."

"In the video, Officer Flores first reaches for his Taser. However, he decides not to deploy his Taser because he knew that Mr. Saenz — also earlier that same day — had undergone five cycles of the Taser device, without effect. He had been Tased earlier in the day after he assaulted a police officer and other people at the hospital where he was being evaluated."

The autopsy did not find cocaine, PCP or other hard drugs in his system but reported that Saenz tested positive dimethylamylamine, or DMAA, a substance found in both workout supplements and bath salts — synthetic stimulants that can cause paranoia, panic attacks and impaired perception of reality.

we've seen bath salts articles and how they can give people super strength because of their hallucinogenic effect.. if a body builder is on the same trip, who knows what sort of threat he is.. even in cuffs.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_...el-paso#ooid=x0ZnRibjoNExw2asr5yGHUOypcf3EqwL

i have no fight in this dog, but it wasn't like the guy in cuffs was harmless. per a link in the linked article... it seemed like the dude in the handcuffs was still a threat. it seemed like a LOT of things lead up to the point which the video shows.

Last edited:

hb712

Established Member
Not murder. Based on what I can see, the shot was a negligent discharge. I don't know what they attempted to charge him with, but that appears to be involuntary manslaughter or some form of negligent homicide.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
it looks like the officer in the brown uniform hits the gun as he moves away and causes it to fire.

brucesvt

Established Member
this happened last year here in el paso and i still say there was no reason to shoot the guy. now i know that i will get alot of backlash for this but its just my .02

gamebred26

Established Member
I mean he was cuffed behind his back...ok so he wasn't effected by a taser..pepper spray? beat the **** out of him with a flashlight or baton?

But why draw a gun at all? That's what I don't get...knock his ass out. He's cuffed BEHIND HIS BACK! At least hed still be alive.

I mean he obviously was on something..sure..but imo nothing was so threatening in that vid to even have been drawn on.

paluka21

Established Member
this happened last year here in el paso and i still say there was no reason to shoot the guy. now i know that i will get alot of backlash for this but its just my .02

So the pepper spray, knight sticks, tasers, a long with two officers cannot control a hand cuffed prisoner without shooting him? Handcuff the guys ankles, pepper spray him ( even though they claim it didn't affect him previously ), tase him, or call for backups. You don't shoot an unarmed man in the back who is handcuffed despite all the "what ifs" that "could" have happened.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
I'm sorry, but DMAA doesn't cause paranoia. It used to be in preworkout supplements called Jack3d and 1MR. It's a metabolism booster that's more powerful than caffeine. Of course it got banned because dumb mother****ers were overdosing on it and dropping like flies.

Last edited:

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
Two ****ing cops and no one could hogtie him?

Abuse of the badge given what I see in the video. "Let's not even deal with this, shoot first ask questions later" mentality and it's OK because they have a badge.

jbs$

Established Member
Let the guy wear himself out, he was not going any place, nor was he in a position to do much, if any damage to anything. Why was a gun even being pointed at him? This borders on manslaughter one.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Unnecessary force.

It looked like he wasn't handcuffed? It seems like his left hand was "free"

Users who are viewing this thread