Texas Hot Rides & Shipping Overseas

usafimj

Established Member
I'm stationed in Germany and just got back from my deployment. While I was gone I had a 2011 GT500 lined up to buy and the guy backed out at the last minute. GT500's are slim and there plenty of 5.0's to pick from just not what I'm looking for. So I'm back on the hunt.

I start looking at whats available in the states and came across a 2013 GT500 at Texas Hot Rides in the Dallas area. Looks like a clean ride and decently priced. Has anyone here or know anyone who has bought from them and was the experience good.

Anyone that has shipped a vehicle overseas who would you use and any tips?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I'm stationed in Germany and just got back from my deployment. While I was gone I had a 2011 GT500 lined up to buy and the guy backed out at the last minute. GT500's are slim and there plenty of 5.0's to pick from just not what I'm looking for. So I'm back on the hunt.

I start looking at whats available in the states and came across a 2013 GT500 at Texas Hot Rides in the Dallas area. Looks like a clean ride and decently priced. Has anyone here or know anyone who has bought from them and was the experience good.

PM @CV355
He has a pristine, showroom perfect GT500 for sale.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CV355

_
Established Member
PM @CV355
He has a pristine, showroom perfect GT500 for sale.

This. :)

As for shipping to another country, I do not have experience with that myself. However, I can tell you that a friend of mine in the Netherlands explored getting a new 5.0 for years and it was cost prohibitive. I actually got my Harley at a severely discounted cost because the owner was trying to ship it to Japan and it was also cost prohibitive.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

As for shipping to another country, I do not have experience with that myself. However, I can tell you that a friend of mine in the Netherlands explored getting a new 5.0 for years and it was cost prohibitive. I actually got my Harley at a severely discounted cost because the owner was trying to ship it to Japan and it was also cost prohibitive.
I may be mistaken, but I thought the military will assist with the cost of transporting personal vehicles over if stationed overseas

usafimj

Established Member

I saw your beautiful ride but its a bit out of my price range. The cost isn't bad for military but for Europeans its expensive since they have to meet tougher vehicle regs and import tax.

I may be mistaken, but I thought the military will assist with the cost of transporting personal vehicles over if stationed overseas

They do but its a one time option that I used back in 2011.

Twisted2v

Established Member
I'd get a car that had stock exhaust if Germany has tough emissions. And if you want aftermarket, then have the dealership put the parts in the trunk

PIPO

Established Member
Schooner Auto Brokers out of FL or Interglobal Logistics in California.

usafimj

Established Member
I'd get a car that had stock exhaust if Germany has tough emissions. And if you want aftermarket, then have the dealership put the parts in the trunk

Vehicle inspections on base are catered to German regulations. So the exhaust has to be as stock as it can. But there are ways around it haha.

Schooner Auto Brokers out of FL or Interglobal Logistics in California.

Thanks I'll look into Schooner Auto Brokers.

BV600

Established Member
Where at in Germany? When I was in Vilseck there was a BMW dealership right outside Graf Airfield gate that handled shipping. Was about 2k at that time.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member

I bought from them. They were ok. They sold me a car without catalytic converters. My fault, I should have looked and didn't. But I thought they should have said so up-front, and they didn't, and that bothered me. I'd still buy from them again, but I'll take a lot closer look, next time.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
There was one other thing, too: pre-sale, when I called they would talk at length. After the sale, I had a question about the alarm system on the car, left a bunch of messages, nothing. No reply at all.

So: as long as you know what you are getting and need no after sale support, they're about as good as anyone else in the used car biz.

Users who are viewing this thread