Test Rode The New Rocket 3 GT Today...

ArabianOak

Established Member
And dam was it fun! Haha. I've owned 3 gen 1 rockets and always loved them but this bike is such a massive improvement over the old one. Suspension, braking and of course power. My only complaint was the smaller TFT screen but otherwise I had a great time. Took her out for about 45 minutes today...would have demo'd her longer but my tank range got really low...ha.

Here are some pics...and yes I made a lowball offer...we shall see what happens, especially in the rona market!
c_oc=AQlnnnyfXzqg6QCrqJX_6cTq9GsV2fPQmgYivqlEyfO80fN3A5NZBkttYocC60sZ67Y&_nc_ht=scontent.find1-1.jpg

c_oc=AQmSvYMcPPdAEaZQIGzgq2dr5YCPHuqDogkepgbAK9TO342r17aX3i-59XbqkrFJQwM&_nc_ht=scontent.find1-1.jpg

c_oc=AQmovCGevGeH-unVzQ6K_lrPTphpbt35k2TrddIhoj5pAy-PExr6W0WIdo8A5q5_jcQ&_nc_ht=scontent.find1-1.jpg

c_oc=AQnajXjCeYdsgz63iF6sC3s5qaCRBuXoGhIMjgK8go66LmGqEdoGPgM58KhYqFmjgqg&_nc_ht=scontent.find1-1.jpg

c_oc=AQl1vnOxxOBRYU4MgobssWQJLaeI1b4DYaVnS8fNf_MjhzxjlfghNw5mtBnd2ZiT5Y4&_nc_ht=scontent.find1-1.jpg

c_oc=AQlWo9h2BmLhTyN2rrxWk33w7p-FYWsR3c7zarKwC2cHdoZBYo0wX54riinv3d53sis&_nc_ht=scontent.find1-1.jpg

c_oc=AQn00She8KhOZ_gPpBpMsj8pX7imRAdBdPLRnqINPO6PDeJpo_hD3xucsOqC4xr5kLw&_nc_ht=scontent.find1-1.jpg

c_oc=AQnjk7uLaVkqqugANxej1sjuPBMqAALaSwsNGnRjwTVdKGeNItNftnIzL8XLrHN5a_k&_nc_ht=scontent.find1-1.jpg

c_oc=AQnGhKPtLbkT2dVkaYpnszIVYZty1KyTTiGMi5TsSL3A11tmO_PuVjI2Qc32_Enzz4A&_nc_ht=scontent.find1-1.jpg

c_oc=AQk8xBwcST21iwh0mIp9xFhPRiQxE2HZrmsq4sk-T0tfSgztKToTN8PVPxTBqPzxmDo&_nc_ht=scontent.find1-1.jpg

c_oc=AQkI-0WIjCfiRUPeec38ea0f8-Z1LK20v5I4iLeTYpb9LIurP57_fHcODv_ve13ouIo&_nc_ht=scontent.find1-1.jpg

c_oc=AQmgO9gT7KiTAkh0kgSNygTqDVFeLfCAPdD8TALivijHOdA8vqCfuwH5SC-G_rs9oI0&_nc_ht=scontent.find1-1.jpg

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Stupid fast for a cruiser. 2500cc engine, 165/163 hp/tq and 0-60 in something like 2.7 if I'm remembering correctly. I would like to ride one but pretty sure I'd have to leave with one if I did.
Basically a Honda Civic engine in a motorcycle.

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
2500, really? when I was a kid my brother had a 1300 VW Bug...Todays ingenuity is unbelievable.

ajaf1656

Established Member
Awesome! The last bike I took for a demo ride was the Yamaha MT10. There may or may not have been a sweet uphill crossed-up wheelie involved. Lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I actually like the rear wheel design. Unique for a bike. That is such a bad-ass bike. Looking through the photos, I'm reminded that bikes, too, have really evolved electronics-wise. Impressive to say the least. Hope they accept your low-ball offer.

ArabianOak

Established Member
It is incredibly fast. Very few ANYTHING (cars of bikes) would keep up traffic light to traffic light. What you really notice is the massive amounts of torque in literally every single gear. The electronics on it are really nice. It has cruise control, heated grips, different riding modes and even a quickshift option. I will find out today if they accept my offer! haha.

ArabianOak

Established Member
And I am still stumped anybody in their right mind would pick a harley over these current triumph motorcycles...not only are they cheaper but they are light years ahead in technology! My friend met me up there on his FXDX and he could not believe how nice the triumph models are compared to his bike. He actually looked a little sick after looking at the rocket with me and thinking he spent more money...haha.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
And I am still stumped anybody in their right mind would pick a harley over these current triumph motorcycles...not only are they cheaper but they are light years ahead in technology! ........

LOL, that's funny, but true. I had a few Harleys and used to hang (occasionally) with with some of the harder core Harley guys. Trust me, the very last thing they were thinking of was "technology". I'm sure it's still the same with most Harley guys. It's all about the bad-boy image. Plus, the thunder that's created when a bunch of Harleys are cruising together, well, that's pretty cool too. But you don't want to be in the back of the pack, nothing but stanky fumes, haha.

Be careful on that thing. I sold my last bike 20 years ago. Too many idiots driving around not paying attention, especially with cell phones.

-

SHOdown220

Established Member
And I am still stumped anybody in their right mind would pick a harley over these current triumph motorcycles...not only are they cheaper but they are light years ahead in technology! My friend met me up there on his FXDX and he could not believe how nice the triumph models are compared to his bike. He actually looked a little sick after looking at the rocket with me and thinking he spent more money...haha.

He didnt pay more for an fxdx than you would for a rocket 3. Not even close. And although harley and triumph don't have a lot of bikes to directly compete with each other, the ones that seem similar are pretty competitively priced. I agree harley makes some really expensive models but they make a a ton of models in the low to mid teens. I just wish they would do another muscle cruiser, something to compete with that rocket would be sweet.

Tech available on the new bikes includes abs, tpms, traction control, linked braking, adaptive stability control, led lights, heated grips, cruise control, navigation, bluetooth audio, what other tech stuff are they missing?

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
You should check out the Boss Hoss.

I think they still make the "Boss" in Socal...I'm an old fart and just recently bought a Vmax...The front end on it feels incredibly heavy...I wonder how this one feels.

ArabianOak

Established Member
He didnt pay more for an fxdx than you would for a rocket 3. Not even close. And although harley and triumph don't have a lot of bikes to directly compete with each other, the ones that seem similar are pretty competitively priced. I agree harley makes some really expensive models but they make a a ton of models in the low to mid teens. I just wish they would do another muscle cruiser, something to compete with that rocket would be sweet.

Tech available on the new bikes includes abs, tpms, traction control, linked braking, adaptive stability control, led lights, heated grips, cruise control, navigation, bluetooth audio, what other tech stuff are they missing?

Im not sure why he said that...maybe I said his model wrong, but it has a radio and speakers. haha...I did not see any new harleys with those features, matter of fact the ones I looked at were very plain. Some of the speedos didnt even have rpm reading, just speed. i'm sure they higher end models have all the things you mentioned. That being said, I saw the same thing with BMW models...the cheaper ones with very few features. I guess they need to make a bike for any budget!

Users who are viewing this thread