Test and Tune Oct 15th in Las Cruces..

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Anybody close enough to go, I am going to try and get a bunch of guys together to go out to the Test and Tune at Arroyo Seco on Oct 15th. Its a Friday night. They finally have lights up there and should be cool enough to get some good times. Jesus, if you see this, lets see if we can get the Mystic out there too if you can make it. I'll talk with a few other friends and see if we can get a bunch of us out there. Should be a good night for it. I am not sure how late they stay open, but I had thought about taking a grill out there and bbq'ing while we are there.

A buddy of mine in Ruidoso with a H/C Zo6 should be there, and I will try to get ahold of my friend with a TT Zo6 here in town and see if he'll go too.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Yes, his name is Aaron. He also has a Harley Edition F-150 and I believe he still has his 01 or 02 SS. I'll try to get a hold of him when I get back from Pittsburgh. Lets see if we can get a bunch of guys together and make this a fun night!

Chris

vnms04lc

Established Member
yea I thought it was him. I beleive that harley ran a 13. flat w/ 4 people inside! well anyways i ll try to get people together as well.

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
I will try to go to it. I ordered a TKO and if I get it in by then I will head up there. How late do they stay open at ASR? Sounds like fun. Later.

David

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Not sure how late they are open Dave. I would guess 10-11pm but I can find out. If you need help with the TKO let me know. I know its a but of a drive, but a friend of mine has a lift at his house that I can use anytime I want. Definately makes life a lot easier.

Talked with my buddy in Ruidoso with the H/C/I Zo6 and he said he will be there. Still need to talk to Aaron but it will have to wait until I get back from Pittsburgh this week.

Chris

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
I appreciate the offer but I will be able to get it in here in El Paso. About a week out post what time you all are going to meet up there. I will try to get off early that day so I can get up there at a decent time. Thanks.

David

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Well from the looks of it, Arroyo is done doing test and tunes on Friday nights for the rest of the season. I will try and give them a call to see if they would open the track on a certain night if we can get enough guys together. Or we can all try and meet up at Thunder Alley, whichever is easier. Let me know what you guys think.

Chris

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
That is too bad. We should meet here in El Paso in a few weeks. We can go to Thunder Alley or Desert Demons. I hear Thunder Alley is kind of hit or miss if they will be open or not on friday nights. I am open to what you all want to do.

David

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
To be honest, I would rather race at Thunder Alley than DD. Just my opinion. I wouldn't mind coming down that way since its a lot further for you to head out towards Deming. I will see if Jesus will chime in and head to T/A also. I can get with my buddy in Ruidoso and see if he is willing to go to T/A also. If you want, we can try to plan for the 15th to see if they will be open. I have been kind of laid up since Tues morning from my knee surgery, but I am hoping to be back in my car by then. Been driving the wifes truck and I am missing my car pretty bad right now. If there is a way you can check to see that T/A will be open the 15th, I'll t ry to get the guys from here to head out that way.

Chris

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Ok, I just looked at the schedule. Thunder Alley is saying they will be open Oct 15th (next Friday night). Who plans on going? Also, you guys know about the GTG this Saturday at the Beach House Grill? Jesus, I will call you tomorrow night to see if you want to head out there. Looks like the wife and son will be coming with this time.

Chris
http://thunderalley.com/thunder_alley.html

Elliotness

Established Member
Originally posted by Chris_H
Ok, I just looked at the schedule. Thunder Alley is saying they will be open Oct 15th (next Friday night). Who plans on going? Also, you guys know about the GTG this Saturday at the Beach House Grill? Jesus, I will call you tomorrow night to see if you want to head out there. Looks like the wife and son will be coming with this time.

Chris
http://thunderalley.com/thunder_alley.html

Won't be there Saturday Chris... I'll be watching Football or whatever the Aggies are calling it. Next Friday is a strong possibility.... Looks like the SSR's are a no go. Wheels are on backorder until November.... Looking in another direction.

Anyway PM when you decide the when and where for Thunder Alley.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Ok, I will be there for sure next Friday night. I think gates open at like 8 or so. I am trying to get some other guys out there, but haven't heard back yet. I'll let you know for sure next week when I plan on being there.

Chris

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
I won't be able to make it out on Saturday either but I should be out there on Friday night. I finally got my new tranny in today and I am going to put it in on monday. See you then.

David

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
That great to hear you got the tranny! If you need help, let me know. If you want to PM me or email me a phone number for you, I will call you next week and get things set up. Same with you Daryl. Makes it easier than messaging back and forth.

Chris

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I plan on leaving here between 6:30 and 7pm. Want to get there by 8 when they open, get teched, and let the car sit for about 40 minutes with ice before I run. Looking forward to finally get back to a track this year!

Chris

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Well it wasn't the best night of racing I have had. Seems the track was pretty slick from my experience and from what I saw with other people. David especially :uh oh: with getting sideways at half track. I dont see me going back out to T/A anytime soon. I ran better times at Arroyo Seco in 90*+ heat than I did Friday night. Pretty sad if you ask me. David, I have those videos when you have the time. I think I will have to send them through a instant messenger if you have one. Probably too big for email, at least through mine. Let me know when you want to try and work that out: [email protected]

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread