Tesla style head unit ?

CobraG

Established Member
Has anyone installed a Tesla style head unit? If so, what do you think?

CobraG

Established Member
I was about to buy a Dynavin N7 Pro but then saw the tesla style. I really like the Dynavin, it looks like the 13/14 stock with the large screen. That's what's got me torn though, go with a more stock look or a bigger stereo with more features. On the down side though, it does look like an iPad.

5.0Black

Established Member
I think you mean bigger screen with features lol. I am not an expert in this by any means, but I would go with a more stock looking unit for two reasons. One, it doesn't kill your car for resale value. Two, having something that looks like it was designed for your interior is better, imo, than something that looks like a random screen.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I've done everything but the head unit on my car. Both look like great options.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

14MustangDriver

Established Member
ordered it back in november for my carand then the snow hit and got really cold...so it has been sitting in a box since november 2020 and awaiting install and it looks ok on the website but i heard that the screen could be a distraction at night as it doesn't have auto dimming and the settings don't let you adjust it dark enough....this is the one i got, it looks like it should be in the dash not a clunky screen.... also need to install the back-up camera

Attachments

• 4_98e1bf68-36f4-4ccd-b713-2dc92c0e8274_1024x1024.png
    4_98e1bf68-36f4-4ccd-b713-2dc92c0e8274_1024x1024.png
    417.4 KB · Views: 193

CobraG

Established Member
That looks like a nice one. I thinking I'm leaning toward the Dynavin N7 Pro. I still haven't ordered anything yet. I look forward to your review when you're able to get it installed.

OX1

Established Member
How slow do these things "boot up"? Just got a pioneer double din for my older (2005) diesel.
Kind of annoying how long it takes until it gets going.

14MustangDriver

Established Member
well we have another 10cm of snow forecast for tomorrow i was going to try and set it up this weekend but the darn weather just won't co-operate.. yesterday it was 13c and sunny but i had other commitments... i have 2 other installs happening once it warms up a rear shock tower brace i just picked up from shelby and 4 new tires, just got the quote for NITTO 555 G2 255/40r19 on all 4 corners but living in canada we get shafted as the borders are closed i can't cross the border to get them $1250 installed and balanced not to sure f i like the tread pattern or not but the place also have the Yokohama ADVAN APEX for about 10 dollars more

Dave M

Established Member

CobraG

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread