Tesla Plaid Model S vs 1,000+ HP 2020 Shelby GT500 Roll Race & Solo 1/4 Mile Passes

quad

Established Member
I don't know about where you live but there are a lot of horses around here and it's not the country. Also WAY more equestrian facilities than (none) race tracks. Just don't ride them to work.

The cuck thing is getting played out, is that the new "pussy" or "***" to insult my manhood to make your argument about technology more pointed?
I respect your view and experience as a "real" (mean that with respect not sarcasm) driver compared to someone like myself just modding shit for the street. I think my hobby is, in that sense, far more likely to disappear before your's.

5G and IoT is going to kill modding way before EVs with new cars. I'll bet on that. More worried about everything "phoning home" and auto-updating than I am EVs as far as aftermarket fun. There will always be a place for track toys, too many enthusiasts with money, like horses. But auto companies are becoming more comm. and data driven, smart grids and interaction. Listened to (can't remember his name) CEO of Ford about 1-2 years ago and out right said the cars are just a delivery device for wireless com, fast tracking ambulances, self driving, etc. Nice way to put a spin on soon all new cars are leased not owned soon (think about how you "own" your cellphone, you don't, forced updates some which slow it down, ToS economy). Tesla is ahead of the game in that sense.
Just playing devils advocate here:

My mom owns a 2003 BMW X5. For how much can she sell it? $2,500-3,000?

I like to buy my stuff. But most of it loses so much value you might as well just pay a monthly fee and always have the latest and greatest? You're also not taking anything to the grave.

Georgie

Established Member
I rather run 12s in my gas guzzler than a car made for the masses. I wonder if the target audience for tesla owners have done research on how these batteries/cars are made and the carbon footprint they leave behind...

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Just playing devils advocate here:

My mom owns a 2003 BMW X5. For how much can she sell it? $2,500-3,000?

I like to buy my stuff. But most of it loses so much value you might as well just pay a monthly fee and always have the latest and greatest? You're also not taking anything to the grave.

Not being purposely obtuse but I'm either missing your point or your making the same one I am. You can't mod a leased car and I believe soon even if you buy it you won't "own it" in the sense you can do what you want with it. For lack of a better analogy, iPhone. You buy it but own it with a lot of fine print.

andymarkv

Established Member
So how do you mod these? Take them to best buy for a bigger battery pack?
This is not sarcastic, I'm typing this with a smile on my face!
But you gotta love a forum where someone's first question when discussing a car that runs mid 9's, stock, is "So how do you mod these?"
LOL I LOVE it!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
This is not sarcastic, I'm typing this with a smile on my face!
But you gotta love a forum where someone's first question when discussing a car that runs mid 9's, stock, is "So how do you mod these?"
LOL I LOVE it!
It will always happen, and it's happening with these. People are pulling weight out of them to make them quicker because it's the only option.

Anyone who has owned a sport bike does the exact same thing, on your first pull as your vision blurs and you rip past 100 you think to yourself "there is no reason anyone could ever want something faster than this."

Then after 2 weeks of riding it you are searching around for tunes, sprockets, exhaust, etc to make it quicker.

18 years ago I'm sure there were people who said the same thing about their brand new Cobra, "It's hilarious you guys want to mod these, they run high 12s stock!"

It is a genuine concern for a lot of people who mod their cars to buy one and it be as fast as it's going to get without waiting for a performance update that I'm sure companies will start charging for.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I wonder if the target audience for tesla owners have done research on how these batteries/cars are made and the carbon footprint they leave behind...
Lets be real here, I keep seeing EV cry babies whine and complain about carbon footprint. A person into cars and posting in SVTP doesnt give two shits about carbon footprint. We drive V10s, blown/turbo'd v8s and straight piped motorcycles. So no, we arent interested in EV because of the "carbon footprint". LOL

@AustinJ427 is correct about the pursuit of power and speed. I'm looking at ceramic bearings for my bike.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Not being purposely obtuse but I'm either missing your point or your making the same one I am. You can't mod a leased car and I believe soon even if you buy it you won't "own it" in the sense you can do what you want with it. For lack of a better analogy, iPhone. You buy it but own it with a lot of fine print.
You sure as hell can mod a lease car, people chose not to scared if they ever find out, they'll have to pay extra fee's or just dont care. Chances of them finding out are very slim. No difference than people modding cars they own that have the original warranty and are scared of loosing the new car warranty.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
You sure as hell can mod a lease car, people chose not to scared if they ever find out, they'll have to pay extra fee's or just dont care. Chances of them finding out are very slim. No difference than people modding cars they own that have the original warranty and are scared of loosing the new car warranty.

I guess better wording would be it's a fool's errand and ROI is even worst than modding in general. Wasn't my original point. Point was once we can't control auto updates of the ECU is doesn't matter the powerplant. I think that's coming first before EV domination. I could be wrong, merely my opinion.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Lets be real here, I keep seeing EV cry babies whine and complain about carbon footprint. A person into cars and posting in SVTP doesnt give two shits about carbon footprint. We drive V10s, blown/turbo'd v8s and straight piped motorcycles. So no, we arent interested in EV because of the "carbon footprint". LOL

@AustinJ427 is correct about the pursuit of power and speed. I'm looking at ceramic bearings for my bike.
I think its more of the fact that the Dems are mainly pushing for EV cars and are trying to make it the standard and getting rid of ICE cars that most people are riled up about it. Not saying its everyone but from what ive seen its the majority that have the issue with that.

I mean, at one point it was mainly about displacement, adding turbos on smaller engines or SC's, there was a crowd of people who took offense to that and were never a fan. Same with auto's, 3 pedal guys took offense to that as well even before manuals were becoming discontinued. Same goes for the AWD crowd vs the RWD on ring tracks, etc.

Some just want a fast car out the box, others want a driver feel type of car and there are those who want the fastest car that can be driven in anything.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I guess better wording would be it's a fool's errand and ROI is even worst than modding in general. Wasn't my original point. Point was once we can't control auto updates of the ECU is doesn't matter the powerplant. I think that's coming first before EV domination. I could be wrong, merely my opinion.
Very possible, just like phone's, you jailbreak an iPhone, the next auto update will lock your phone again, same with Android.

Wasnt Dodge the one that encrypted the PCM and made it a pain in the ass for tuners to tune cars? Just add PCM auto updates, and bam, back to stock you go the next day. Tuners will have a field and overcharge customers for tunes which probably wont guarantee for it to work after an update.

Intervention302

Established Member

I've been loving my Tesla so far. Dual Motor with the Boost

Shooting a comparison video with the Cobra soon. I love my HYBRID.

One gas and one electric vehicle

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

andymarkv

Established Member
Oh, and no green weenies need apply when it comes to the plaid...there ain't no amount of magic fairy dust that is going to make anything that heavy accelerate that fast and yet be "energy efficient"
That work comes at a cost, whether it comes from the pump or the cord.

quad

Established Member
I wasn't sure if you were pro lease vs own or not. Here's what you posted regarding what the Ford CEO said: "Nice way to put a spin on soon all new cars are leased not owned soon (think about how you "own" your cellphone, you don't, forced updates some which slow it down, ToS economy)".

I was referring to the cost of being able to drive a particular vehicle in a lease vs own scenario. I am asking does it really matter if you own it or not? Because the vehicles you do own lose so much resale value that you might as well have leased a new car every 2-3 years. Older cars also need to be maintained, get new tires, oil changes etc. The costs add up eventually. Of course some cars are collectibles and could gain value but those are rare. As I said I prefer buying cars but am questioning if that makes sense with all the new tech constantly coming out.

When you own a car you are stuck with the older technology until you sell and upgrade. But you might end up spending more money in the long run doing it this way vs just leasing the car. And with a lease you always have the latest and greatest.

I agree though that you can personalize a car as you please if you own it. That's one of the pros of owning a car. And owning a car for a long time has sentimental value. It has a history that you share.

quad

Established Member

I've been loving my Tesla so far. Dual Motor with the Boost

Shooting a comparison video with the Cobra soon. I love my HYBRID.

One gas and one electric vehicle

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Similar color also! Do a photoshoot!

quad

Established Member
Tesla Model S Plaid racecar bares its fangs by overtaking hypercars in Laguna Seca

model-s-plaid-track-1a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread