Tesla Model S Plaid Fastest Production Car Ever 9.2@152!!!

ArabianOak

Established Member
Never thought I would see the day when a full self driving electric street car becomes the fastest production vehicle ever made. 9.23@152mph beating cars that cost over 3 million dollars like the Bugatti Chiron. Elon should have definitely priced these higher.

And before anyone asked, yes I have ordered one, it should be here in August...lol. There are so many little things I like about my Model Y so far, so I am really excited about this. haha.

Link to article...

Tesla Model S Plaid sets new record for fastest 1/4 mile time of any production car - Drive Tesla Canada

Link to video at Laguna Seca...Can't even imagine the acceleration...crazy stuff. Would have liked to see the Yoke steering wheel but it looks like this was not a full production vehicle.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Plaid will be a game changer.

Supposedly it also went 9.5X with Jay Leno driving and 2 passengers. Unreal.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I watched that a few months when I was seriously considering buying the Plaid + but I just cant get past the Chevy Lumina thing. The car is just ****ing ugly and I aint spending $150k on an ugly ass car! Don't care how fast it is or good the distance mileage is.

Elon Musk should really stick to programming and let car designers design cars....:rolleyes: Cause he missed the boat by a mile here! The Roadster has style but EVERY SINGLE other car they designed looks like a giant pile of shit!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree Brett. The Model S (although Plaid is a bit nicer looking) is about as plain vanilla styling wise as you can get. You can't deny the stellar performance of this Plaid+, of course, but for me the exterior styling would be a deal breaker. So, no, I would never own one. Not unless they improve the styling. JMO.

ArabianOak

Established Member
I watched that a few months when I was seriously considering buying the Plaid + but I just cant get past the Chevy Lumina thing. The car is just ****ing ugly and I aint spending $150k on an ugly ass car! Don't care how fast it is or good the distance mileage is.

Elon Musk should really stick to programming and let car designers design cars....:rolleyes: Cause he missed the boat by a mile here! The Roadster has style but EVERY SINGLE other car they designed looks like a giant like of shit!

I think it looks good. The right color helps. My model Y is midnight silver metallic with black rims and I think it looks good.

I hope they put these new tri motors in the other models. An suv running 9s stock will be incredible.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
A little more muscular look would have been nice. I like the looks of the Audi Etron GT over Tesla.

I'd prefer an electric car to daily drive with zero emissions, not really interested in going to 60 in under 2.0 seconds. Impressive regardless.

Last edited:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
I think most that complain about the looks are also tired of the same body style since what 2012? I don’t think it’s boring , I just think it’s way long in the tooth. Older or not those times are nuts. Also pretty heavy too at 4700 lbs.
impressive none the less , this thing runs what a 765 Mac would run. And the Mclaren is about 1600 lbs lighter.

Last edited:

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
The times are insane!
You can modify the cars to look better with new bumpers and such. They are designed that way for a reason and i doubt Musk himself drew and designed the cars.

I do want one for DDing, but its a pain living in an apartment building.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
It cannot keep up lap times multiple laps. The batteries get hot.

andymarkv

Established Member
At what point do you start having traction problems...even with AWD?

People who buy these better have a serious understanding of their capabilities...
Accelerating and decelerating that much weight, at those rates, has consequences.

ArabianOak

Established Member
It cannot keep up lap times multiple laps. The batteries get hot.

I see your point, but this isnt even there sports car. Look at companies that produce strictly track cars that have that same problem...i have had a few....c7z06 (massive overheating issues) etc.

Love them or hate them it's hard to deny the future of automobiles has been changed. The fact that he can sell a low 9 second sedan with full warranty for 114k is by itself an award winning accomplishment. What even comes near that for price?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I think it looks good. The right color helps. My model Y is midnight silver metallic with black rims and I think it looks good.

I hope they put these new tri motors in the other models. An suv running 9s stock will be incredible.
Then the Model X Plaid is for you!

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
I'll admit my Model Y's front end is a weak point for sure, but the side and rear look good, IMO. As for build quality, I think mine is pretty damn good - Paint, Panel Alignment, and No Squeaks/Rattles. Seems well put together. Time will tell.

I was shopping new cars and wanted something different. So far I'm very pleased with my choice.

My last 4 Caddy V cars were better looking, but the new CT4/CT5 V 's? They aren't as easy on the eyes. OK I guess?

I don't see me dropping 125K on a new Model S Plaid(Red Paint and Optional Wheels :) ) in a couple years, but the Long Range version is tempting. 412 mile range and 0-60 in 3.1 is fast enough to get my ass to work.

ArabianOak

Established Member
I'll admit my Model Y's front end is a weak point for sure, but the side and rear look good, IMO. As for build quality, I think mine is pretty damn good - Paint, Panel Alignment, and No Squeaks/Rattles. Seems well put together. Time will tell.

I was shopping new cars and wanted something different. So far I'm very pleased with my choice.

My last 4 Caddy V cars were better looking, but the new CT4/CT5 V 's? They aren't as easy on the eyes. OK I guess?

I don't see me dropping 125K on a new Model S Plaid(Red Paint and Optional Wheels :) ) in a couple years, but the Long Range version is tempting. 412 mile range and 0-60 in 3.1 is fast enough to get my ass to work.

mine too. Very pleased with the build quality. It’s not a Mercedes level tightness but it’s def on par or better than anything domestic.

Users who are viewing this thread