Tesla Model S Plaid Fastest Production Car Ever 9.2@152!!!

Fat Boss

Established Member
Since a LOT of people think EV's are something relatively new, here's some "fun facts." I've know a lot of this as my dad was a national president of the Horseless Carriage Club of America for a few years, and I've grown up with early 1900's cars in the garage.

Here's your electric vehicle history facts of the day:
  • The first electric vehicles were invented in the mid-19th century
  • Electric vehicles held the land speed record until approximately 1900
  • At the turn of the century, electric vehicles held approximately 38% of US market share (whereas ICE had only 22%, but steam controlled 40%)
  • Sales of electric vehicles hit their early peak in 1912
  • The electric vehicles downfall was due to the rise of gas stations and the construction of actual roads, which allowed vehicles to travel more than a few miles per day.
  • Domestic oil findings further pushed ICE to the lead
Someday I'll inherit my dad's 1910 Model T. All the mouth breathers that continually whine about "soul" and other anthropomorphistic qualities about their ICE cars should man up and show me they can start and drive a Model T. You know, crank the starter by hand. Adjust the spark advance manually. You sure as hell don't want nannies doing your spark advance, do you? Only sissies and LBQRKTS's need that.

Here's the old man about to take it for a spin. He bought it from Bill Harrah in 1971 and spent 20 years restoring it. He's now put about 25,000 miles on it at speeds of about 30MPH.

80-june_2010_202016_zpsh51y6f2y_ce5ab0d5444897964f40bbeff5f3cf97bad058bc.jpg

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
The company reported 2020 adjusted net income, excluding items such as $1.7 billion stock-based compensation, of $2.5 billion. Its automotive gross profit, which compares total revenue from its car business to expenses directly associated with the building the cars, was $5.4 billion, even excluding the regulatory credits sales revenue. And its free cash flow of $2.8 billion was up 158% from a year earlier, a dramatic turnaround from 2018 when Tesla was burning through cash and in danger of running out of money.

+1

People get so hung up on profit, when FCF is typically a more relevant metric. I guess it makes them feel better. Companies can pick and choose when they want to be profitable. This is especially true for newer ones still focusing totally on growing.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
and no idea why some of you are making fun of Elon...yes he's an oddball and eccentric but look what he has done the last 13 years? How many times have we waited for ford/chevy/dodge to do something special and have been severely disappointed? Elon comes into the game and makes the fastest production car ever produced in just a decade? He expands range to nearly double in that time as well, supercharging stations all over etc etc...

He's not perfect but he certainly brings a game that ford/chevy CEO's have little clue about.

Now they will be playing catchup for a long time and we know how that goes, as some of us are old enough to remember how that went against the Europeans and japanese...

I live on close enough to the space coast to see Elon shoot rockets into space on a regular basis. He has, as a privately owned company, put humans into space. He will put humans on the moon and likely at least attempt to put humans on Mars.
I chuckle when people talk shit about him.
If half the billionaires out there ‘did’ half of what he is doing the world might be a better place.

Bezos has more money than god and can’t get his space program off the ground. Gave up on an electric vehicle. He did great at selling books and then retail goods but he is clearly not an innovator in the way Elon is.

Users who are viewing this thread