Tesla Model S P85D AWD 0-60 3.2sec, auto-pilot.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
[youtube_browser]7quu551ehc0[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]lgTDQGGigjc[/youtube_browser]

What an awesome time to be alive. Props to Tesla for continuing to become an innovator of automobile technology.

Last edited:

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Amazing. My friend who is a valet at on of the Trump properties on Palm Beach Island got to drive on of these things and he was telling my about all the cool things these cars do. I never really liked them because they're electric but they've really grown on me and they truly are on the forefront of automotive technology.

Oh, and let's just say valet guys can't screw around in these and get away with it lol.

nicksender

Established Member
Thanks; those are some cool videos.

I can't wait for electric car performance to trickle down in price for us common folk. I"ll pass on the currently available electric slugs like the prius, volts, etc..,

I like their launch site/light show; looks like vipers launching on Battlestar Galactica!

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Elon Musk introduces the car, talks about the dual motor system, the autopilot systems, and other improvements. He said all Model S's in the past 2 weeks have come with the autopilot hardware already. Musk also says you can get out of the car and it will park itself in your garage, or you can set a calendar and it will come pick you up (on private property, he points out).

This is crazy cool. Traditional manufacturers should take note. Of course this is expensive, but it's first generation revolution tech, which will always be expensive. Over time they will gain efficiency and streamline operations and perhaps even lease the technology to others who can produce it. I'm glad that someone has the balls and the cash to be the first to build it.

[video=youtube;FZ6lZJWL_Xk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ6lZJWL_Xk#t=691[/video]

Last edited:

TorchMach

Established Member
That's amazing, we're going to have a "arm's race" to see who can build the completely optioned self driving car. From leaving your home to work and back and such, I say by 2016 there will be one out. There's nothing like competition.

This car is priced right no doubt. It sits next to 7 series BMW's and S500 Mercedes, they're all on the same bracket. I can't wait for the $40,000 one Tesla is working on.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Yah, that looks fantastic. And props to Tesla for bringing some of the newer self-driving features to the market.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I wonder how long it will be before a car can drive me home from the bar?

This is the only reason I would buy a self driving car. That way I would never have to worry about door dings from parking lots, it could drop me off and go back home. Send it a text 15 minutes before paying the bill and walk out to my car and crawl in the back seat lol.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Quick 60 time and the self driving is cool, all over Bloomberg today. I got my hands on a new regular 85 last week and found it disappointing overall. The interior really didn't meet my expectations.

Troponin

Established Member
There are at least three of them in my area, one of them is a friend of my wife's. They are sharp looking cars in person, and all of the electronics, LCD screens etc is pretty awesome.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
We just installed a solar array and charging station for a customer that has ordered the SUV version. He's still waiting for the car, it's on back order.

Users who are viewing this thread