Tesla Cybertruck

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
oidCJ9&_nc_ohc=Qd6fvXTnz1gAQlGtsi-ykeO0yYyG1t2CamAvnwRALItbPzMmRQhHKgtcg&_nc_ht=scontent.fiws1-1.jpg

stangfreak

Established Member
what goes through peoples mind when they design shit like this and put it on the market to sell? I don't get it.

musclefan21

Established Member
what goes through peoples mind when they design shit like this and put it on the market to sell? I don't get it.

He is known to go against the grain and we need people who don’t always think like rest of the world to broaden the view. I am all for different ideas and they dont have to fit to my templates.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
So, why would the F150 be tested against?

Any idea if that was the single, dual or tri-motor cybertruck?

Looks like since the Cybertruck is AWD, the F150 was only a RWD. What about 4X4 vs the Tesla's AWD? Think that would make a difference?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I didn't realize how big the Cybertruck really was until I saw them pulling the F150 when they revealed it. Hopefully Ford gets their wish to redo that test because it without a doubt was geared towards the Cybertruck winning.

their awd truck against a 2wd ford that was facing downhill (ie more weight to the front and off the drive wheels) from what I saw

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Im not gonna go back and look for it - did they hit both doors with the sledgehammer or just the front door? Theyre trying to claim that hitting the door damaged the window and thats why it broke... If they didnt hit the back door then that kind blows that theory out of the water

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Fair test or not is largely irrelevant. The gas engine has zero chance of winning again those electric motors (with equalized traction).

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if this thing could drag around the baddest diesel offerings from the big 3 either.

I would highly advise Ford to not even entertain this. They have everything to lose and nothing to gain. People who buy Tesla don't give a rip about the other brands....they want a Tesla

Definitely not a looker to me, but certainly represents another nail in the ICE coffin. It's only a matter of time.

Very skewed test

So, why would the F150 be tested against?

Any idea if that was the single, dual or tri-motor cybertruck?

Looks like since the Cybertruck is AWD, the F150 was only a RWD. What about 4X4 vs the Tesla's AWD? Think that would make a difference?

their awd truck against a 2wd ford that was facing downhill (ie more weight to the front and off the drive wheels) from what I saw

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Im not gonna go back and look for it - did they hit both doors with the sledgehammer or just the front door? Theyre trying to claim that hitting the door damaged the window and thats why it broke... If they didnt hit the back door then that kind blows that theory out of the water
They only hit the front door once. And when I say hit, I mean a love tap compared to how he hit the Ford demo door...
Jump to 24:30 -

Edit: Not to take away from the Tesla as it did withstand even that "swing."

andymarkv

Established Member
In a tug-of-war = traction+weight+power= winner.
The F150 is one of the lightest trucks out there, equipped with smaller contact patch tires and doesn't have instant torque like an electric motor...therefor the outcome is not surprising.

Don't forget, Tesla's market share is still relatively small. They don't need to excite the majority of buyers to be successful, just the the small percent that are really turned on by new age looks.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Fair test or not is largely irrelevant. The gas engine has zero chance of winning again those electric motors (with equalized traction).

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if this thing could drag around the baddest diesel offerings from the big 3 either.

Definitely not a looker to me, but certainly represents another nail in the ICE coffin. It's only a matter of time.

either vehicle is capable of overpower the tires, the one with the most available traction and best traction control is going to win.
They only hit the front door once. And when I say hit, I mean a love tap compared to how he hit the Ford demo door...
Jump to 24:30 -

Edit: Not to take away from the Tesla as it did withstand even that "swing."

the dent resistance is cool no doubt but it totally kills the bullshit excuse of "the sledgehammer hit broke the bottom of the glass and weakened it" HTF do you break the back glass when you only hit the front door

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
either vehicle is capable of overpower the tires, the one with the most available traction and best traction control is going to win.

Agreed

With that being said, pitting an ICE against electric motors for this type of test is generally a very bad idea.

blk02edge

Established Member
Anyone who thinks the f150 has the tiniest chance in hell to beat the cybertruck in a tug of war is retarded. Ford is retarded for trying to entertain that.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
The Cybertruck is ugly as **** to start. Can’t wait to see how ****ed up and ugly they are after a few months of use.

Why Musk is marketing this for towing is beyond me. His limp-wristed Soy Latte drinking ****** clientele will not be using it to tow and the most it haul is flowers for their he/she/it sheds.

To tow anything of size with this would be hilarious. Your 300 mile range goes to what? 150-200? Then you have to wait how long to charge and continue if you are making any kind of long trip.

My F150 will tow every bit of what that Cybertrash will tow and do it quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone who thinks the f150 has the tiniest chance in hell to beat the cybertruck in a tug of war is retarded. Ford is retarded for trying to entertain that.

its a stupid ass comparison that idiots already planning to buy a cybertruck might care about

Users who are viewing this thread