Terminator withdrawal???

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
Any one trade in a terminator for a raptor and having terminator withdrawal, might be trading in the cobra but not sure if the raptor will keep the smile on my face like the cobra does, just want a waranty again and been drooling over the raptor for some time now...:??:

Cobra 2997

Established Member
Any one trade in a terminator for a raptor and having terminator withdrawal, might be trading in the cobra but not sure if the raptor will keep the smile on my face like the cobra does, just want a waranty again and been drooling over the raptor for some time now...:??:

You would probably get quite a bit better price for your Comp Orange if you sold it here on SVTP instead of trading it in !!!

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
You would probably get quite a bit better price for your Comp Orange if you sold it here on SVTP instead of trading it in !!!

My dealership is offering 21k, but yeah I hear you, I could sit on it till next spring and see if I want to still sell it or keep it and it would probable bring a better price then too...IDK???

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
I bought my terminator when I was 30. Swore to myself I would never let it go. I am now turning 40, and finally just sold it to put down on a raptor. Didnt think twice. I really loved the car for all that it was, but am getting older and just not that into it anymore. It sat more than anything; timing was right to let it go. And I too have been drooling over raptors ever since they came out. 2013 is the best Raptor yet

I am not looking back in the least, and am very surprised in myself beacuse I thought I would miss it a lot more! I am only ever thinking about getting this new truck but the wait is killing me!

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
You will be fine!

Yeah, I think I'll just be having different type of fun...

Do it. Only thing that sucks are the $140 fill-ups.

44gal excursion diesel at $165-$175a fill-up is worse so I'm looking forward to $140 fill-ups...lol

The truck is more practical, but it can never replace the feel or performance of the Cobra

Kinda figured that, but I hope the raptor fills the void somewhat.

I bought my terminator when I was 30. Swore to myself I would never let it go. I am now turning 40, and finally just sold it to put down on a raptor. Didnt think twice. I really loved the car for all that it was, but am getting older and just not that into it anymore. It sat more than anything; timing was right to let it go. And I too have been drooling over raptors ever since they came out. 2013 is the best Raptor yet

I am not looking back in the least, and am very surprised in myself beacuse I thought I would miss it a lot more! I am only ever thinking about getting this new truck but the wait is killing me!

Exactly...just turned 44 and haven't been to the track in the last 2 years, only put 1k on it a year if I'm driving it at all, still love it but I'm thinking this is a better choice for me at this time in my life, maybe someone else can enjoy it and drive it more than it is now...

cuda99

Cuda99
Established Member
Go For It

You will love the Raptor! It is amazing in every way and a blast to drive on the streets, I'm sure you will miss the cobra but there is no doubt in my mind that the Raptor will put a smile on your face everyday... :beer:

GTtoSVT

Established Member
I thought that too about missing my 2011 GT but no regrets at all. The raptor is just pure pleasure to drive.

Enjoy!

-Brian

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
Pulled the trigger on a 2011 Silver Screw Raptor, lux package minus nav and rear camera, has the moon roof, 28,5xx miles...so far...LOVE IT!!! but time and spring/summer will really tell...now to get some ladder bars...any ideas from where???

Jroc

Established Member
I don't have an R,(or whatever the hell slang term y'all use for a Raptor) but I did go from a Terminator to a L, and hell no I love my truck. Just a way better all around vehicle a F150 is than a Mustang. Terminators are not good DD's IMO because they always have some stupid drama going on with them. Stalling, or a leaking diff, or you think you hear a ticking sound, or alternators going bad, or vibrations at 80 MPH, or a clunk or squeak I can't find, etc, etc. For the most part my L with well over 100K has been trouble free, and I suspect a new SVT F150 would likely be the same for most owners.

Still under hard acceleration a Terminator is a very fun and entertaining ride. Never failed to impress unsuspecting passengers with it.

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
Occasionally I suffer from terminator withdrawal when driving my wife's raptor. But then I just go to the garage and drive my GT500. :dancenana:

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Raptors are bad ass, that's excatly why I'm lurking this forum. I can almost promise at some point you'll miss your cobra. Espically when your swinging a fat payment each month feeding the beast at the pump too ...

Trucks are cool, I always have a 4x4 for a DD (currently own a 12' Sierra).... but it's refreshing to get into the Cobra from time to time.

Honestly, sometimes it just gets old going slow, rocking and rolling down the road, slow cornering in a 6000-7000lb sled all the time ... plus the gas. Only thing that keeps me sane is knowing my Cobra is at home. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE trucks. Try to keep both if you can.

r.barn

Established Member
Honestly, sometimes it just gets old going slow, rocking and rolling down the road, slow cornering in a 6000-7000lb sled all the time ... plus the gas. Only thing that keeps me sane is knowing my Cobra is at home. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE trucks. Try to keep both if you can.

1. No need to slow corner the Raptor. Truck handles as good as most cars I have driven. Body roll is almost non-existent

2. The thing drinks gas, no doubts about it.

3. When you start longing for the sound of blower whine and more speed, well you just slap a Whipple on your Raptor. Worth every penny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhbURo4QYLY

03twinturbo

Established Member
I have a 2012 Raptor SuperCRew. Bought it before I even wanted to sell my 2003 Cobra twin turbo. Just stopped driving it. Raptor is sick. Looks aggressive just sitting there. Sure its much slower. Doesnt seem to matter. So I sold my cobra after 2 months of owning the Raptor. Havent looked back. Sure I miss the highway pulls that came from a 800+ rwhp Cobra but I enjoy the raptor more. So does my family. Its huge inside. Plus they retain there value. Im sure anyone knows this looking at the resale of the 11-12's. My sticker was $53,000 I paid $48,200 and got offered last week $47,500 from my buddy thats a dealer. He has a buyer lined up to pay 2k on top of that. Sure I put Roush exhaust, AFE intake, 20" BMF wheels. Still to only lose that much after a year of ownership is almost unheard of. Granted my 9k miles helps but still. Bottom line I HIGHLY DOUBT you will regret it OP.

GTtoSVT

Established Member
I feel like my Raptor is like my 11 GT, with a lift kit :)

I thought it would slow me down a bit but its still a blast to drive fast.

Love it! I also had a terminator so I can relate to this topic.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Occasionally I suffer from terminator withdrawal when driving my wife's raptor. But then I just go to the garage and drive my GT500. :dancenana:

I'll make you a deal, I can totally help you with your Terminator withdrawl. You take my Terminator and I'll take your GT500 and Raptor and you will never suffer from the Terminator withdrawl again! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread