Terminator vs. Saleen Supercharged

IveGotTheBlues

Yes..That is me
Established Member
First time I've run a Saleen..I hardly ever see them around..So I'm stopped at a light (3 lane road) and an SUV is right behind me with some nice lookin girls maybe (19-20), there is a car to my right (im in the left lane) and the Saleen is behind that. So he starts chattin with the girls and they start pointing, I guess he was talking about racing me. So the light turns green, and the Saleen gets in the far right lane and I proceed to pull him in first gear, but it wasn't fair because traffic was in his way..so I shut it down. So we turn onto a 3 lane road at a light. So he asks me, "I got 375 whatchu got?" Its kind of a cocky voice but I don't mind it..dude is probably about 30 or so. I tell him "390 stock, but its not stock" His reply was kinda funny.."O shit! No way, you'll smoke me." So we go from a 1st gear 20 roll on 3 honks..It was rape status. He asked me what kind of tranny I had, just told him Tremec..gave him thumbs up and went on my way..it was a clean ass car tho..(vert) What kind of #'s do those cars have? It wasn't an Extreme though. O ya, I have a 2.8, FIPK, o/r x, CB..and all the necessary stuff.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
It wouldn't matter if it was an extreme, you'd still beat it with those mods.

The only supercharged saleens that are a race for a -stock- 03/04 are the E's and 05+ series 6 blown examples.

TEABG

Banned
Extreme would take you, it is more than power comparison. We have traction like you would not believe. You would need a port to take on an Extreme. My 03 Extreme has 445 HP and for a Mustang we are extremely light. With the Saleen Whipple charger we can turn up the boost very quickly with a quick pulley change just like the Cobra's.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
TEABG said:
Extreme would take you, it is more than power comparison. We have traction like you would not believe. You would need a port to take on an Extreme. My 03 Extreme has 445 HP and for a Mustang we are extremely light. With the Saleen Whipple charger we can turn up the boost very quickly with a quick pulley change just like the Cobra's.

I like the way Saleens look! What kind of internal work is done to the motor coming from Saleen?

shocker 420

Established Member
IveGotTheBlues said:
Do the non Extreme Saleen's really make 375hp? Obviously I'm assuming this isn't at the wheels though.

I think that the "older" "base" model of the saleens are 375 hp.

It's funny, I talked to a guy from saleen at a auto show, and he said that the numbers they say are in rwhp. :shrug:

TEABG

Banned
ponygt65 said:
S281 - ~285
S281SC - 375
S281E - 425

I believe those are the '04 numbers.

Saleen E is 445@6,000 Torque-450 ft ibs @4,000

In Mustang's and Fast Fords they dynoed a 2003 Saleen Extreme and it came in at 426 RWHP on a Mustang Dyno. They are underrated also.

Last edited:

TEABG

Banned
Mr. Mach-ete said:
I like the way Saleens look! What kind of internal work is done to the motor coming from Saleen?

Extreme has Saleen series V screw type intercooled supercharger
Saleen forged steel crankshaft
Saleen forged steel connecting rods
Saleen forged aluminum pistons
Saleen aluminum heads w/Saleen camshafts & super duty valve springs
Saleen performance dual core radiator

shocker 420

Established Member
TEABG said:

In Mustang's and Fast Fords they dynoed a 2003 Saleen Extreme and it came in at 426 RWHP on a Mustang Dyno. They are underrated also.

Damn, are Saleens 5 speeds or 6 speeds?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
TEABG said:

Thanks. I wasn't sure about the extreme's. I haven't looked those up in a while. Bada$$ cars, that is for certain. :beer:

TEABG

Banned
Here is some DRIVETRAIN INFO......Saleen Quick Ratio 6-speed manual transmission Saleen MaxGrip 8.8" differential, 3.55:1 ratio 11" aluminum flywheel with 11" full high performance clutch disc.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
TEABG said:

The new 3 valve version is 550 hp at 6000rpm and 480lbs/ft at 4000rpm. Forged internals and a twin screw.

TEABG

Banned
DaleM said:
The new 3 valve version is 550 hp at 6000rpm and 480lbs/ft at 4000rpm. Forged internals and a twin screw.

Trust me I know, Grandpa and myself tossed up the idea of trading in the 03 for a 05, but we have maintained the 03 so well and the car only comes out about (4) times a year. There will always be something better and I tell myself the 05 is to retro to make myself feel better. :thumbsup: But I am very fortunate to share the Extreme with my grandfather though.

Users who are viewing this thread