Terminator vs. Other cars you've owned

11Past9

Established Member
I am looking for a comparison of the Terminator to other cars you have owned. I am seriously considering buying one but I am worried that the power will get old or that what other attributes it has to offer won't be enough to make me forget about how poorly Mustangs typically age and the fit and finish. I am on a budget that would allow me to afford a pretty decent Termi and bolt ons/cosmetics over time. I love the prospect of having 500whp for small beans and a mean sounding head turner but I wonder if that will be enough

Other cars I have considered:

E46 M3, Supra TT BPU, EVO VIII/IX, WRX/STi, C5 ZO6

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
well if you get a 03/04 cobra have 500ish hp and get bored... there is an easy but expensive fix!!!

more mods and lots more power!!!

11Past9

Established Member
well if you get a 03/04 cobra have 500ish hp and get bored... there is an easy but expensive fix!!!

more mods and lots more power!!!

I'm wondering if tire shredding/buying and crazy straight line power will do it for me minus a nice overall feel/interior and handling.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
I would get a Supra if i had the money, but BPU you might get bored after a while. M3 is nice for a DD but its expensive to mod. STi motors can only handle so much without being built. Z06's are nice, H/C/I and 125 shot will probably take out most of the cars you listed but its a bit expensive too. The cheapest route would be 03/04 Cobra in my opinion.

Digital

Established Member
I'm wondering if tire shredding/buying and crazy straight line power will do it for me minus a nice overall feel/interior and handling.

You can make a cobra handle great and plenty of people auto cross them. Don't cheap out on suspention and it'll handle amazing.

11Past9

Established Member
You can make a cobra handle great and plenty of people auto cross them. Don't cheap out on suspention and it'll handle amazing.

It makes enough power, and gains easily enough but what will it take to make this thing handle really well? Will it FEEL more nimble or does the weight never go away regardless of suspension set up. 500whp and a suspension set up would be great but it seems like between braking/handling it would cost a LOT to make this beast an apex carver/daily driver that can stop better than a truck.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
It makes enough power, and gains easily enough but what will it take to make this thing handle really well? Will it FEEL more nimble or does the weight never go away regardless of suspension set up. 500whp and a suspension set up would be great but it seems like between braking/handling it would cost a LOT to make this beast an apex carver/daily driver that can stop better than a truck.

Full Coilovers and strengthen the IRS, then smaller pulley with a port and you'll be around the 500 mark.

It all depends on your budget.

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
I actively hunt for the cars that you have owned.....on the autobahn and on the twisty back roads. PROVE to me that these other cars handle better. I laugh after most encounters because how easy it is most times. Build the suspension and the brakes and stiffen the chassis and you will see what I mean. If you can lose a few pounds even better. You do have these mods done over a years or two and see how you like it. You can always sell the car afterwards if you can't handle it and get a Honda. Really go for it!!!

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Coming from a charger r/t, my cobra is by far the nimblest auto ive owned. You cant beat that hp either.

Jroc

Established Member
Watch this video.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS2Gv8wrimQ]YouTube - 03/04 MUSTANG SVT COBRA REVIEW[/ame]

03/04 Cobra's come factory with Bilstein shocks and 600 lb springs front and rear for the coupes.(500/470 lbs F/R for the verts) They are actually a pretty flat corning factory car. Their pretty noise heavy, but they still get the job done. My advice it to test drive one and you will see. My car weight 3,611 with a full tank of gas and a stock k-member and arms when I had my C/O's balance so I don't think their as heavy as many claim, but no their not really a light car either.

Also one place where a Terminator smacks down most any other competition is with the way it makes huge hp when modded but keeps it streetability. Their are many people making well over 600 whp and their cars are just as streetable as they were when they left the dealership.(unless ofcourse you don't show the throttle any respect) I love riding people in my car that don't really know what it is and think its just some regular, mostly stock Mustang, and then putting the petal down and their like "holy snickies I can't believe this thing is this fast, but this quiet and smooth. Seriously if you don't know what the car is you would never guess the car is working with what it is until you experiance it at WOT. The cars have a very fast throttle response, with very sudden power,(the lowend power is extremely addicting) but their very predictable and easy to modulate.

IMO Terminators excel best at being a very powerful, easy to live with streetcar. The are a blast on the streets.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Terminator...lot cheaper and the motors are very solid and easy to mod...

xenodragon

Established Member
The only cars I would get over a terminator are a c6z06, 2010 gt500, or a 2009+ CTS-V

Other than those 3...the terminator is probably the best choice...you wont get bored of the power because you can always add more relatively easy.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
I have put 1000 miles on mine so far and I am not tired or bored. The car still gives me goose bumps and still gets my adreneline running. Everytime I step on it, I can't believe the pull and how nice it rides while doing so.

Silverboost

Established Member
03/04 Cobra's surprisingly handle extremely well in stock form. With just the addition of subframe connectors and racing springs they handle extremely well. I had a Mustang GT before with a ton of suspension mods and it was much lighter, but the Cobra feels a lot tighter and more predictable. Get the Cobra and don't look back.

11Past9

Established Member
I'm not worried about the power LEVEL getting old, I am worried about power in general being the main selling point, getting old.

eXs Vp

03 dSg CoBrA
Established Member
Termi hands down. I've only had two other stangs besides this one but this ones my favorite of the others. Fun to drive and even more fun to hear the whine.

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
To me the over all look of the car plus the nicest 1994-2004 mustang interior IMO. is another reason to buy the car. It handles great and i have had zero problems out of my car. I have put right at 4000 miles on mine since last August and im still not tired of the car over all. ( I need more power though.lol.). I dont go around just beating on mine and racing all the time, but i dont hesitate to clear the pipes out every now and then. They are nice cars and it is a better car than my 1997 cobra.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

interior is basic, shifter is too far forward. magazine gurus will babble the steering is numb in comparison to all the other cars you listed (and it probably is), but it handles and brakes just fine, in fact surprisingly well. the real show is reserved for when you hit the gas and feel that flat tq this motor produces, even from low in the rev band. it hits like a very large cubic inch motor, and makes wonderful sounds throughout the entire process. and the power potential is near endless. this is a fun car to cruise around town and lean on low rpm

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member

well, having done some recent runs on an INCREDIBLY twisty road, I can say that the Terminator handles quite well, for the nose heavy car that it is..

(fast enough to keep ahead of sport bikes) the problem that I found out, it overheats when your doing that, and cuts power so it won't hurt the engine..

Users who are viewing this thread