Terminator Vs Evo 9 Goes Down Hard

stryker9

Established Member
So about two weeks ago two friends and I were leaving a restaurant in my Evo and happened to line up with an 03-04 Cobra at a light. I was more interested in a roll of course so I didn't throw a rev or anything at that point. When the light turned we both rolled out across the intersection when a car pulled out in front of me so I down shifted and moved to the center lane to stay with the Cobra. Soon as I down shifted the Cobra took off! The Cobra pulled about 1.5-2 cars by the time I got into it since I didn't expect him to run at all much less with a car in front of me and while I was changing lanes. By the time I got completely into it we were about even and I shifted through to third and pulled maybe 1 car ahead by that point and let off since I didn't wanna get over 70-80 MPH in a 45 MPH zone. The Cobra proceeded to chase me down and lined right back up and I down shifted and started to brake boost but the Cobra had a habit of staying about 1 car ahead of me anytime we tried to line up but hey it's a race and we don't get too many of those around here anymore :rockon: so with good boost we took off around 30-35 MPH and ran to around 80 with me ahead by 1 car +1 one more since the Cobra didn't seem to like running heads up. My friends and I felt pretty good about the race and gave the guy the thumbs up but he kept lining back up so we were kinda miffed since it was clear my car was pulling hard enough to clearly have an advantage. We continued to run once more and turned around and so did the Cobra. This time he lines up with us at about 10 mph and this time he initiated the honks while I honked the previous runs in hopes to organize the races a little more and maybe get a heads up run. This is the best run of all even though he did take off before the third honk lol. By the time I shifted third I was ahead by 1.5 cars so I let off.

Not sure what mods the car had It was mineral grey with drag radial and after market exhaust. The blower was clearly audible even over the exhaust and it smelled like it was running race gas.

My car is an evo9 with turbo back exhaust, ported intake, stock cams, stock turbo, stock block, e85, inter cooler, and piping.

If anyone knows this car it would be nice to know his set up and power he is making.

stryker9

Established Member
I could hear the blower even starting at his back bumper over the exhaust which was pretty loud. I know the stock catback is much quieter and restrictive.

What does a non pullied bolt on 03-04 Cobra run on average?

Last edited:

bmxer89

Established Member
nice kill, but defantly not running race gas only way it would need that is if it was making some insanse power with tt's. Prob a non pullied cobra, how much you boosting sense you on e85.

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Non Pullied Cobras run high 12's on average with an average driver in decent weather.

Probably just a exhaust intake Cobra.

Good race.

THAITED

Established Member
Good kill, just curious what kind of power are you making. I don't know I would say he goes down hard since 1 -1/2 car is not a big lead.

Last edited:

Ralo

Established Member
I've been told that my car smells like it's on race gas and all I ever run is 93....

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
No offense but running from 30 to 75 mph isn't much of a race? The one at 10mph sounds like it had potential but not sure when you guys shut down? Watch out for 4v's at the top end also

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Good job man,

What tune do you have? a custom or one from like ttp or one of those companys?

stryker9

Established Member
If an average cobra with stock pullies runs high to mid 12's then it wouldn't even have hung with me with stock pullies. This car was easily a mid 11 sec. car. I was thinking he was running a ported stock blower or a kb with low boost and a bad tune.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
If an average cobra with stock pullies runs high to mid 12's then it wouldn't even have hung with me with stock pullies. This car was easily a mid 11 sec. car. I was thinking he was running a ported stock blower or a kb with low boost and a bad tune.

Hold on a second. You're saying that you pulled 1.5 cars on a, what had to be a "mid 11 second car" by 3rd gear with an Evo and the following "mods:"

turbo back exhaust, ported intake, stock cams, stock turbo, stock block, e85, inter cooler, and piping.

So you have an exhaust, intake, I assume a tune for the E85, and in intercooler?

Sorry, not buying it. You raced a stock Cobra at best. I raced an Evo about a month ago, his mods were - built motor, P&P head, GT35R, cams, etc. etc. and he pulled me by 2-3 cars to ~120 from a 25-30 roll. My Cobra has intake/TB/exhuast.

Last edited:

cobra_matt

Established Member

If he had a ported blower or a kb you would have been raped given your mods. But then again, anything can happen on the street and congrats on the wins.

bmxer89

Established Member
Raped? What does a ported blower cobra run? I run low 11 to high 10's

turbo back exhaust, ported intake, stock cams, stock turbo, stock block, e85, inter cooler, and piping.

And you run high 10's.. yeah right. I come from a pretty heavy dsm background gonna call that a fat wad of bs.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
My Cobra runs low 8s with just the mufflers cut out, and I rape turbo Busas. I also have the biggest dick on planet Earth.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Raped? What does a ported blower cobra run? I run low 11 to high 10's

My Cobra runs low 8s with just the mufflers cut out, and I rape turbo Busas. I also have the biggest dick on planet Earth.

AHAHHAHAHAHAHA:lol:

UMMMMM SO U RUN 10'S WITH THEM MODS HAHAHAH

dude u raced a bone stock cobra, I bet it was a gt with a cobra body kit or 99 cobra with just exaust hahaha

My friend has a evo stock it bearley broke into the high 13's,even with mods hes in the 13's, haha ur car is a 12 or 13 sec car @ best, u are such a clown

I bet my slow n/a gt would smoke ur pos evo and I get rocked by modded 03 cobras!:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread