Terminator vs 16 5.0

Dc83

Wasn't really a top speed race but a light to light race. Anyways I pulled up to a light with a challenger in the turning lane and s newer 5.0 in the left lane, I was with my bud on a nice day showing him my mods on my 03 cobra with 30k. My mods are pulley, belt tenioner, intake, subframes, rear end brace, off road h_pipe, stainless steel flowmaster catback and dyno tune. So I pulled up and thought this could be interesting, he had a sweet ride. He yelled at the challenger and told him sweet ride, I thought wtf. He was young and maybe thought those 20 inch rims looked cool on the dodge. So the light turns green and I notice were both in first gear winding it out, so I nail it and grab rubber the whole way with him hot in pursuit. I look back and see him grab second. By this time I had 2 cars. I wound out second looking in the rear to see if he was catching up but there was no chance I was still pulling away in 3rd gear before I hit the breaks. He came blowing by long after I hit the rear brake lights. At the next light I was gonna talk to him but he damn near blew a red light on a last second yellow. Now to be fair I propably got the jump first but I just kept running away and gaining length on him. I wish we could have chatted I would've told him bout the 03s when he was just about being concieved.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Before I had a cobra I ran my buddies vert with a 2.76 pully and exhaust in my 2012 5.0 with Tune, exhaust and CAI. He jumped on my off the hit but wasn't pulling on me too much. Now that I have a 2.93 Cobra with exhaust and CAI I can tell you it at least seems faster but it would be close. Coyotes pull up top like no other. If that car had headers, tune and gt350 or cobra jet intake it would be a battle and he might be able to take you. Without an intake I think you would get him

BossBlock302

BANNED
Established Member
5.0s hold out pretty well. Love the technology. Who'd a thought an n/a car would do so well vs FI

stangfreak

Established Member
The 5.0 motor is amazing. I love it. New technology. Pullied cobras make around 450 and some 470rwhp. Problem is even at only 14lbs, that eaton is already being overspun. The tq is equal or higher than the horsepower. First sign of it being inefficient. so the top end also suffers. when I ported my eaton, it finally felt it started to pull up top hard.

But the 5.0, I drove three of them, they pull hard up top. sick motor

Users who are viewing this thread