Terminator, still turning heads

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
Just yesterday a buddy from HS and me were doing a cruise event through the mountains of NC. Spent some time on the Parkway and in Boone. Weather was fair when we started out but turned nasty for the better part of the drive.

When the group of us stopped in Black Mountain to gas up it was quite the site as 15+ Mustangs descended on this Mobil station. I should mention here that of the 33 cars in the cruise my friend (in his 2003 Redfire GT) and myself were the only New Edge Mustangs involved. At least 25 of the cars were some flavor of Roush model, including one Roush F150.

Back at the Mobil station my friend and I gassed up and were waiting for the rest of the Roush cars. While waiting a dude in a lifted Dodge Ram truck rolled up on the other side of the pumps and said "your car is absolutely beautiful" and he stared for a while. I thanked him and he moved away.

I have been paid a few compliments in the almost 2 years that I've owned it but this was special. Two main reasons. One, I was 10' away from a dozen much newer, striped and wheeled Roush Mustangs that he didn't even seem to notice. Two, my car was nasty from 3 hours of very, very wet conditions. It was far from how I try to keep it.

It just goes to show that the Terminators, to those who know, continue to stand out and that is just cool. I feel fortunate to own one and this episode reinforced it.

Have a great weekend folks. I've got some detailing... who am I kidding, A LOT of detailing to do:)

e354ba68011b89161e9150c5e3a14f74.jpg

cea1cc88be8b6c870f12cf9a80ee96a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-T710 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
That kind of recognition is always uplifting. My trips to the gas station, bring about similar results. Typical comments are.......is that a Mustang?, what color is that?, badass, cool and nice car man. What is really interesting, is the look on their face, when they see a seventy year old grey beard, climb out of the car.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Thats a great story. Roush and Saleen cars always get the attention but its nice when a true car guy notices a car like ours and can appreciate it.

As far as attention goes for our cars I find it a little odd at how it works, for example. Current, previous, and future Terminator owners will always approach me. I get approached by some non car people that think the car is cool and they just want to see it.

However, I went to Charlotte for the 50th anniversary event and my Wife and I sat down at the Food court area. Everyone there was obviously mustang people. We were sitting at a large table with a lot of people we didn't know. We all got to talking about our cars and we all asked each other what type of cars each person had. I was the only one that owned a Terminator. Most everyone had a Foxbody or a Coyote. Then one guy said he had a newer Boss and that was all they could talk about after that. At that table with mostly older people 40+ years old, The topic of conversation was fox bodies and that guys 2013 Boss 302.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
It's rare if I don't get some kind of acknowledgement when I take my car out. I know it's mostly the paint, but I at least get a thumbs up on the freeway. Last week I was at a gas station and walked out to a guy looking my car over while he was gassing up his Mercedes. He said my car was beautiful and perfectly stanced. He said he was now motivated to get his 2001 Bullitt back on the road.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
kool story. yea I think the 03-04 will sorta be like the old Fox body. timeless in its own way....

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
My Mystichrome vert always gets lots of attention when out in the wild. While a regular painted Terminator might need a Mustang enthusiast to generate interest or a comment, Mystichrome cars get attentional from a much wider group. I get lots of questions of where I had it painted like that. I just tell them: "Michigan!"

We obviously think the 03/04's are sexy and timeless, but to the masses, they are just some old car.

93VORTECH

Established Member
I drove my car into work one day last year because one of my co-workers is a huge Mustang guy and he was begging me to bring it in so he could see it. So I bring it in and while he's drooling over it, another co-worker walks up and says "What's the big deal? It's just a Mustang and it looks like every other one of the millions of Mustangs out on the road." I said yea ok Clown.....get back in your "One of a Kind" White F-150 with Flowmaster Cat Back Exhaust. Most people have no idea what these cars are and how iconic they are. I personally think the 03-04 Cobras are the best looking Mustang EVER Built. They will forever turn heads.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't get a lot of people talking to me about my car. Maybe one reason is the fact I don't fill up at gas stations. I run e85 99% of the time and make a little road trip in my truck with 4-5 vp racing jugs.

However a few weeks ago, I seen a orange boss mustang on the other side of the street coming towards me. Next thing I see is a thumbs up sticking out the window. I thought that was pretty cool.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I don't get a lot of people talking to me about my car. Maybe one reason is the fact I don't fill up at gas stations. I run e85 99% of the time and make a little road trip in my truck with 4-5 vp racing jugs.

However a few weeks ago, I seen a orange boss mustang on the other side of the street coming towards me. Next thing I see is a thumbs up sticking out the window. I thought that was pretty cool.

That is awesome. I truly think unless your a car guy or just a Mustang fan quite a few people don't know what these cars are and just think of them as regular old Mustangs. Which is fine by me. A friend of mine with a GT500 gets way more attention in that than he did with his Terminator back in the day.

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
Very cool story. Mustang guys know what the Terminator is. I took my 04 black coupe to a Mustang and Ford show last weekend and I had the highest compliment... an older gentleman who owned his 66 Mustang Shelby GT 350 fastback since 1973 came limping down directly toward my car. He stood there looking at my car for a couple minutes, then looked back at me and said, "Yep... just what I thought... Terminator. This is one of the baddest cars around. I drove one of these and almost bought it, but I told my wife that two things would end up happening... I'd lose my license, or kill myself in it. Yours is absolutely beautiful."

Coming from a guy driving that kind of pedigree, I was humbled. This happened at a show in a sea of newer Mustangs, including at least 4 newer Boss 302s, GT500s, and a new GT350. Me and another guy were the only two 03/04 Cobras there.

It was cool. Your story reminded me of mine last weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread