Terminator Production #s >> Reality Check?

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
Just wonderring why the '03/'04 Cobra production #s I see seem to be overstated. Looking at the info I ss on Bob's site, there were 13,476 produced for '03 and 5,664 produced for the '04 model year.

On the Terminator "post your build # thread", ....

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...1-Build-Post-them-up!&p=14235623#post14235623

....The latest build # for '03 is #8391, and the latest for '04 is #3715. And we seem to have a very consistent representation, with at least 1 car represented for every 100 cars prior to the last build #s. So, statistically, it is VERY unlikely, that there would be cars #8,500-13,476 ('03), and cars #3,800-#5,664 ('04) sold withought at least some of those 7-8k cars being represented here on this post.

What am I missing? Where are the missing cars at?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
the build numbers are different for the coupes and the convertibles. so I am thinking in theory even with the last build numbers being in the 8000s and 3000s, that would make up for the difference and might total out to 19,000

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
OK, I get it. It seems kind of odd that they would not have used sequential build numbers.

I also noticed that the duplicate (coupe/Vert) numbers all seem to be matching colors.

#210 / ZY / VERT / kilrb
#210 / ZY / CPE / jwlast

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
wow that is interesting. I thought it was just a coincidence, because my #0052 is also comp orange for both coupe and vert, too.

matt87

Established Member
wonder if it has anything to do with the fact they were built on the same line with gts and v6 cars?

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
wonder if it has anything to do with the fact they were built on the same line with gts and v6 cars?

The Coupe #s appear to be sequential. It just seems odd that the Vert #s are not. They just seem to drop in a color matching vert on the same sequence # as a corresponding Coupe and gave it the same # as the Coupe. So I can say that my car, (#3503) was, in fact, the 3503rd coupe produced in '04. Whereas if, a #3503 numbered vert exists, it is not the 3503rd cobra vert made. I would be pretty sure that it would match my color code.

I bet that this was just a cost saving measure. Efficiencies gained by dropping verts into the production run next to a similar coupe, of the same color. I would be interested to see what the VIN #s are for these cars. I assume the twin coupe/vert cars were produced right one after the other.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
The Coupe #s appear to be sequential. It just seems odd that the Vert #s are not. They just seem to drop in a color matching vert on the same sequence # as a corresponding Coupe and gave it the same # as the Coupe. So I can say that my car, (#3503) was, in fact, the 3503rd coupe produced in '04. Whereas if, a #3503 numbered vert exists, it is not the 3503rd cobra vert made. I would be pretty sure that it would match my color code.

I bet that this was just a cost saving measure. Efficiencies gained by dropping verts into the production run next to a similar coupe, of the same color. I would be interested to see what the VIN #s are for these cars. I assume the twin coupe/vert cars were produced right one after the other.

no that doesn't add up, there is a difference of 7074 (!) in the last 6 digits of the vins between #0052 coupe and my #0052 vert. they were also built five days apart

Users who are viewing this thread