Terminator Ownership did not start well for me

Lee_87

Established Member
I am new here but would anyone know where I could get the build plate that is found on the valve cover? Mine was missing which is unfortunate. I already got the build certificate from Ford's website but cant find anything about that. A quick google search didn't lead me to anything recent

LS WUT

Established Member
I am new here but would anyone know where I could get the build plate that is found on the valve cover? Mine was missing which is unfortunate. I already got the build certificate from Ford's website but cant find anything about that. A quick google search didn't lead me to anything recent
From what I’m told you can find some on EBay. I’ll try and locate some for you now.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
It all started because I had an OE pulley fail on the 6-rib system, so I replaced all of those and a new belt (Gates # K060962)

Removing the stock lower was the most difficult & concerning part when the big bang comes as you break it loose (requires A LOT of effort -- make sure to use a 1/2" drive impact socket)

Definitely consider upgrading to the Metco lower + Innovators West kit - I can't imagine going through all of that and putting the stock crank back on... I had to try a few different belt sizes and ended up with Gates # K080785HD as I've got the Metco aux idler kit and 1x100mm
I bought a 3/4in breaker bar just for the lower pulley when I ever get to removing it.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I bought a 3/4in breaker bar just for the lower pulley when I ever get to removing it.

yup, i snapped a 1/2 breaker bar doing it and started using 3/4 after that. that was even after having the damn thing off and back on several times.

they're a bitch, but i think it's better to use the caged factory assembly than metco.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

Lee_87

Established Member

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Well if they make it for a Shelby they should still make it for an 04. Thanks i'll look around there
They don't make them anymore, and there were never replacements available from Ford.
Message the seller in the above link. He should have more, I bought one from him a few months ago.

Lee_87

Established Member

Attachments

• 5451bedf0d255b81732b5c1fd2245a8a.png
    5451bedf0d255b81732b5c1fd2245a8a.png
    513.5 KB · Views: 62

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like that, Lee. No signatures, of course, but a nice alternative. If you go this route, carefully remove your factory plates and save them.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd hold out for an OEM plate. Unless, you're looking to make it look aftermarket.

Did you message the seller I linked?

Edit: someone on here used to sell repops and they were pretty darn close to OEM.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I'd hold out for an OEM plate. Unless, you're looking to make it look aftermarket.

Edit: someone on here used to sell repops and they were pretty darn close to OEM.
I haven’t seen them in years on here. Kinda like the ID tags we all got personalized.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I have run 3 different sets of wheels and tires on my Roush (29 lbs boost, 625whp), and the difference in traction was astonishing. 8-year old tires, looked good and had some traction..... 12-year old wheels/tires looked brand new but had almost zero traction.......... then I put on new set of Falkens and it felt planted like I couldn't believe.

You're not really gonna get that wonderful whine unless you give it some throttle, but I would be very careful until you get some decent tires on her. And maybe put a tad smaller pulley on the S/C (if you can).

Was 29psi and 625rwhp a typo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lee_87

Established Member

Edit: someone on here used to sell repops and they were pretty darn close to
Missing signatures but I do like it

Attachments

• 828129040bceee1e92dfd69dbbeb41a0.jpg
    828129040bceee1e92dfd69dbbeb41a0.jpg
    677.2 KB · Views: 44

Users who are viewing this thread