Terminator LED gauges

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
Just picked up some LEDs from Superbrightleds.com, tore my dash apart and found out we can't do this mod to our cars. Pics to come. Anybody else run into this issue?

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
Ok, here's the pics. Notice where the bulbs should be, there are little groups of 4 unknown electrical thingies? Sorry about the blurry second picture. Learned out the hard way that we can't have cool gauges ;-(

carstuff027.jpg

carstuff028.jpg

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
Yes we can have cool guages. Those little things are the lights. You can switch them out with LEDs but they have to be saudered in. Havnt done it to mine yet but did to my wifes SS.

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
From the recent reading that I've done, it seems that we cant because the light is actually emitted by an electroluminescent film under the gauge pattern, not by lights.

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
I agree, just to a point. I love the design of them, just I hate that "indiglo watch" look that they have at night.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
From the recent reading that I've done, it seems that we cant because the light is actually emitted by an electroluminescent film under the gauge pattern, not by lights.

Yup. No LEDs to swap save for the indicator lights down below.

cotchnobra

Established Member

plus quite a few guys have had the illuminescent light start to go out intermitently or just all out fail. Mine went out and I found a guy on here that fixed it for around $100.

Users who are viewing this thread