Terminator insurance

jedeyeben

Established Member
Hagerty have no limit on miles. I want to know how the dude up there get $300 a years

I have several cars with them, a clean record and valued at 30k. Idk. I think it may be $348 to be exact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
That's good to hear. That's basically what I do. When the mood strikes I drive it. But it's not a daily or anything.

"Grundy wants you to enjoy your car, not keep track of mileage like some programs with limitations. Therefore, we give you unlimited miles for pleasure driving and in collector car-oriented activities. It is even OK if occasionally you drive your collector car to work to show it off to friends. However, your collector car must not be used as a daily driver. We require you and all licensed drivers in your household to have a modern car for everyday use."

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Probably worth asking what they would value the Cobra at. More than likely it won't be another near what you think it's worth. That's why I keep thinking about going with something like Haggerty or Grundy. Just in case.

I emailed my insurance tonight. I'll let you know. I'm thinking about switching now b/c I've got at least 8k in the car and bought it for 21k. I'd be happy with 25k of coverage but no way the basic insurance company thinks so. I'll let you know what they say. I've got Kemper Insurance right now on the regular vehicles with the Cobra lumped in

99NCLightning

Established Member
"Grundy wants you to enjoy your car, not keep track of mileage like some programs with limitations. Therefore, we give you unlimited miles for pleasure driving and in collector car-oriented activities. It is even OK if occasionally you drive your collector car to work to show it off to friends. However, your collector car must not be used as a daily driver. We require you and all licensed drivers in your household to have a modern car for everyday use."
Do you work for Grundy?

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I emailed my agent about it and she said "there is no way to know what Kemper would pay on a total loss but likely less than KBB". Then she said I can run a classic car quote for you at an agreed value of 22k so I said ok let's see and it came back at $367.10 for a year. I'm going to have her check it at 25k b/c I'd be comfortable with that. My car has 60k miles but does have a VMP blower, Fore Fuel system, and all kinds of other aftermarket parts. The quote came from Safeco believe it or not and all she said was this is for a "custom show vehicle that doesn't get driven every day and is used for car shows and car clubs". Didn't mention miles etc but I don't drive it much anyways so that doesn't matter

KBR

Established Member
I just switched to Grundy....$25,000 coverage and only $260 ish a year. With Commerce it was $900 for book value. I’m glad I saw this thread...thanks SVTP guys.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
I will give Grundy a call when it time for renew from hagerty , do you have a number of the grundy agent, you can PM if you have, thank you

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
You get what is called "Agreed Value". Anyone that modifies their car (i.e., puts a lot of money in to it) should get Collector policies. If it gets wrecked, there is a higher payout than just the blue/black-book value. Mine is at $35K through Heacock (and plenty of others out there), under $600/yr and worth every penny.

Lots of mods plus the new Aluminator...

IllCobra

Established Member
Which insurance company doesn't let you buy back your car if it's totaled - Grundy or Hagerty?

testorossa1989

Established Member
Good information. I procrastinated for 3 years on this but I'm making phone calls tonight. Geico $1740 a year and I drove mine 4 times this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

testorossa1989

Established Member
Alright I got estimates @ 27.2k agreed value and 1,200 miles. $1,083 for Hagerty and $465 for Grundy.

I have to make phone calls tomorrow to see which one allows buy-backs on claims not that I'd ever want to think so negatively.

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
After my recent build I called Hagerty back to update my policy.
Was originally set to $25k worth and since then I’ve installed Whipple gen 3, Fore fuel, CCW Classics and a few other items. Agreed value was set to $35k with average 5k miles which I can go over if wanted. My policy went from $300 to $380 for the year.

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
I just receive the renew letter from Hagerty . $500 a year . I will give them a call to see I can get under $400 like some other above . Since I put to be exactly 276 miles or little more total this years

testorossa1989

Established Member
I just receive the renew letter from Hagerty . $500 a year . I will give them a call to see I can get under $400 like some other above . Since I put to be exactly 276 miles or little more total this years
Yeah that's my problem. The fuel goes bad before I can use it. I drove mine just about the same and that's being generous.

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
I signed up for Hagerty yesterday per this thread. I want to thank all who suggested it. I am to pay 380 a year on my 04 Cobra for 20k declared value.

I was paying over 1200 a year with progressive. I also added my Bronco and it was 206 a year for it at 10k declared value. It was about 600 a year on the progressive policy.

FYI they did make me disclose my daily driver (2017 Explorer) and that I park in a garage etc.

This thread and this Website has been great information.

Thank you

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
Same here progressive want 120 dollar extra on already 4 cars with them and I been with them and still current for 7 years . After read on this forum . I call Hargerty and save 60% of what progressive quote me on my cobra .

I signed up for Hagerty yesterday per this thread. I want to thank all who suggested it. I am to pay 380 a year on my 04 Cobra for 20k declared value.

I was paying over 1200 a year with progressive. I also added my Bronco and it was 206 a year for it at 10k declared value. It was about 600 a year on the progressive policy.

FYI they did make me disclose my daily driver (2017 Explorer) and that I park in a garage etc.

This thread and this Website has been great information.

Thank you

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
a quick update . my hagerty policy renew in a week was $550 with $500 something , I call in and they deduct down to $500 with $1000 something i forgot what it call , this with 15k value , nothing else they can do about it.

anyway I call grundy and gave them same information, and they say $250 a years. i was shock how cheap its, i ask the lady double check everything, like info of my car and stuff, she say , yub its correct $250 a years.

Users who are viewing this thread