Terminator in Nurburgring?

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Highly unlikely and the results would probably be pretty dismal BUT curious if it's ever been done? How would an E85 blower swapped Terminator hold up with decent suspension?

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Some of the open track guys do well with Terminators. Maybe someone who has done several consecutive laps without stopping could comment. I know folks like Racebronco did quite a bit to get their cars running without overheating, but I don't know how long it is capable of doing that... So maybe those guys can chime in.
There are some really nice aftermarket options too, for suspension. I bet a car running cool, with a really well set suspension would be a blast. I can't say it would be a 7:00 lap, I'm not qualified to answer that because I don't know from real experience how well those suspension setups work.
Based on some knowledge though, I bet a well sorted car with 600 reliable horsepower and a solid suspension would run with some of the new stock cars... My uninformed 2 cents.

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
I'm sure a cobra or two have made it to that track, but who knows. Seeing any late model mustangs around Germany (or Europe) is rare. Seeing a Terminator on the Ring would be akin to a Bigfoot sighting...

Zemedici

Established Member
My buddy Robert has won American Iron two years in a row in his TT, Maximum Motorsports setup cobra.

All in how well you can drive and how far you want to take it.

Dave.O

Established Member
From personal experience, the suspension and cooling system need a lot of upgrades to open track with reasonable times

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Stangra

Established Member
I'm sure a cobra or two have made it to that track, but who knows. Seeing any late model mustangs around Germany (or Europe) is rare. Seeing a Terminator on the Ring would be akin to a Bigfoot sighting...
Near any US Military Base they're almost common.

Also:

Ford Mustang Is World’s Best-Selling Sports Coupe for Third Straight Year | Ford of Europe | Ford Media Center

"Ford sold 13,100 Mustangs in Europe last year according to the company’s own data,* and outsold the Porsche 911 in 13 European markets, including the U.K. and Spain. The leading five European markets for Mustang sales in 2017 were Germany (5,742), the U.K. (2,211), France (942), Belgium (900), and Sweden (512)."

Last edited:

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Near any US Military Base they're almost common.

Also:

Ford Mustang Is World’s Best-Selling Sports Coupe for Third Straight Year | Ford of Europe | Ford Media Center

"Ford sold 13,100 Mustangs in Europe last year according to the company’s own data,* and outsold the Porsche 911 in 13 European markets, including the U.K. and Spain. The leading five European markets for Mustang sales in 2017 were Germany (5,742), the U.K. (2,211), France (942), Belgium (900), and Sweden (512)."
Exactly. K-town is about 2 hours from the Ring. Some of us dummies made the trek from out here Italy...

fsxfreak1992

Established Member
I'm from germany with my 03 Cobra, but I havent been at the Nurburgring yet....I wanted to do "the biggest Terminator Meet in Europe"....I think we could get 5-6 Terminators and few Mach1....this would be huge for Europe. I can let you know if some of these guys wants to race there.

Sent from my SM-G950F using the svtperformance.com mobile app

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
If the car had some serious suspension upgrades and awesome brakes, I think it could go 7:45 with race tires and a pro driver. That's if it holds up and doesn't break somehow...thats a loooong lap with a lot of WOT high speeds

bullitt2735

Established Member
I thought we had a member that races on nurburgring actually, Sonic blue with a racebronco hood if I remember

NGO

Established Member
I have ran mine 3 times at Sebring and once at Daytona. The second time at Sebring I had VMP actually de-tune it backing down the timing and adding some fuel losing about 7 HP. Even with that mod I could only run hard for about 2-3 laps at Sebring then had to wait for the IAT2 to get down to around 140F then do it again- engine temps stayed below 220F. At Sebring, I never went WOT down the back stretch for fear of grenading the motor. At Daytona, the ambient air was 42F so I was hammering it just about every lap. Praying down the front stretch that I wouldn't blow a tire or motor. I was running with NASA HPDE group 3/4... below is link to some old video. Definitely need to improve engine cooling- there are solutions out there such as vents similar to RaceBroncos hoods, engine oil coolers, etc. As for the suspension, I only had sub-frame connectors, eventually added brake duct cooling after boiling the fluid and added a set of NT01s- wish I would have had slicks, factory springs suck.

Bottom line, these cars can be great track cars with just a little bit of work.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Lmao that vid was AWESOME. You were doing really well... Looked like you were getting heat soaked there at the end

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
My GT is sonic blue with a racebronco carbon fiber hood, been to the Nürburgring 3 times and it still scares the shit out of me to be honest.
Planning to book a full day of coaching on the ring next year.

I know a guy who drives on the Nürburgring with his Terminator, biggest issue is keeping the car cool enough.

Users who are viewing this thread