(Terminator) E-85 guys come in

HDFBLO

Established Member
hello ,is here anyone running e85 what fuel system i need to make around 525-550rwhp?
I mix 3gal e85 in my 93 tune and the car runs great,I am all fired up to get full tune on this corn juice.

GodStang

Established Member
Your not suppose to mix e85 and gasoline. What you need is a different fuel system setup to run e-85.

That's not true at all. Adding gasoline just dilutes it. IF you have a tune for it than you are fine.

To the OP read through the Distillery section.

HDFBLO

Established Member
I dont have tune for e85 but I can teal you this, my car have a small ping around 2800 rpm and after i put some e85 ping is gone and car runs great,now i am aware of that e 85 needs 30% more fuel to be right,but for mix like 70/30 i am thinking the ecu adjust it self the reason i am saying this I see that she burns allot more fuel now that's is a good sign.
ill check the plugs lather on to se how they look.

HDFBLO

Established Member
You know all the gas that you get at the pumps in the bay area has a mix of ethanol already in it right?

that's is true,E-10,10% ethanol 90%gasoline, I hear that government wants to step that up to e15 or 20 for better tailpipe emission.

Last edited:

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
That's not true at all. Adding gasoline just dilutes it. IF you have a tune for it than you are fine.

To the OP read through the Distillery section.

Yea If he have a tune for e-85 he'll be fine. Just to clear things up I was under the impression that op is running e-85 in his car with out a e85 tune.

2003_svtcobra

Established Member
Yea If he have a tune for e-85 he'll be fine. Just to clear things up I was under the impression that op is running e-85 in his car with out a e85 tune.

even if he didnt have the tune for E85 and used E85 he should be fine if he stays out of boost till it gets tuned for it at WOT.

Users who are viewing this thread