Terminator Double Wrapped Wheel Install

ViciousBlack97

Established Member
So the stock wheel had started to fall apart pretty bad, and I've been keeping my eyes on Terminator wheels due to the extra thickness they provide. I bought a Midnight Black wheel knowing it wouldn't truly match the factory black interior, and decided to use SEM products to change the color. I've had great results with the center console, and hope to have the same with the wheel. If you guys want any tips to do the same, I'll answer any questions you have.
IMG_20190413_165259.jpeg
IMG_20190413_142408.jpeg
IMG_20190413_142955.jpeg
IMG_20190413_144142.jpeg
IMG_20190413_165130.jpeg

ViciousBlack97

Established Member

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
So the stock wheel had started to fall apart pretty bad, and I've been keeping my eyes on Terminator wheels due to the extra thickness they provide. I bought a Midnight Black wheel knowing it wouldn't truly match the factory black interior, and decided to use SEM products to change the color. I've had great results with the center console, and hope to have the same with the wheel. If you guys want any tips to do the same, I'll answer any questions you have.View attachment 1567460View attachment 1567461View attachment 1567462View attachment 1567463View attachment 1567464

That came out great, not sure how long it will last on the steering wheel though.

Not a fan of the FR500 wheel?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, I really have to wonder how long the paint will last before you see signs of wearing off. If it's laying on the material and is not absorbed into the material, isn't it going to wear off from contact with your hands? Looks nice, though.

ViciousBlack97

Established Member
That came out great, not sure how long it will last on the steering wheel though.

Not a fan of the FR500 wheel?
Honestly, for the 79 dollars I paid for this wheel, if the coating starts to flake I'll probably pick up an FR500 wheel. But the product isn't regular paint, it's more of a second flexible coating that bonds to the substrate below it. Just like all SEM stuff, as long as you follow their directions to the T it should turn out great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

96GT226410

Established Member
Honestly, for the 79 dollars I paid for this wheel, if the coating starts to flake I'll probably pick up an FR500 wheel. But the product isn't regular paint, it's more of a second flexible coating that bonds to the substrate below it. Just like all SEM stuff, as long as you follow their directions to the T it should turn out great.

Nice. Keep us updated.

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Love it! Nice cheap mod! When it starts showing signs of wear, just hit it again with another coat!

FYI, the 03 anniversary and 04 Mystichrome steering wheels are even nicer. They have a different shape to them.

ViciousBlack97

Established Member
Love it! Nice cheap mod! When it starts showing signs of wear, just hit it again with another coat!

FYI, the 03 anniversary and 04 Mystichrome steering wheels are even nicer. They have a different shape to them.
Yeah, the anniversary wheels are going for pretty steep prices currently, I think last I checked they were all 500+. Plus I would hate to cover up that awesome carbon fiber pattern haha.

ViciousBlack97

Established Member
Two year update, the coating is holding strong. Honestly, there's been no chipping or fading. I'm extremely impressed with how it's held up, especially with this being a car that isn't garaged. That may change after its date with the paint booth though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice to hear that the paint product is holding up well after two years. Very impressive!
upload_2021-4-14_7-44-58.png

Users who are viewing this thread