Terminated Notch dyno results port Eaton/E85

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Well got the car up to Pete at Perfermance Dyno Yesterday and I was very happy with the results! As some of you know I pulled off the KB 2.2 and went down to an Eaton that I ported myself here at my shop (there is a thread on that as well). Got some heat for that but I am a Eaton guy what can I say. Car has the tried and tru 2.93/6lb combo with 60's, Focus pumps, modified FMDM, and a BAP.

We made 4 pulls on 93 and ended up with 506/529. Then we drained the tank, put 6 gls of E85 in her and made 4 more. Its like starting from scratch again. Ended up with 525/549 on the Corn! :rockon: Injectors and FP never got out of the 80's As far as duty cycles are concerned. The 2.2 only made 513 rwt btw ;-).

Here are the two graphs 93 & Corn
CIMG2533.jpg

We took care of some of the annoying CEL's due to removed emission equipment during the swap and Tried to tackle my high idle issue that I now contribute to the Dragon TB. When I force it closed it idles much better but then sticks. I'll hammer that out with Dragon.

Over all VERY happy with the results and Pete was impressed by the car as well. Build and power! LMK what you think.

Blackedout

Established Member
VERY NICE.... What do you think it'll run for track times ??

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Very nice Mike.

BTW, I have a similar issue with my dragon, but a friend said after he put some miles on his it was much better and like factory feel with the go pedal. I think ironterp had the same experience. Guess I need to drive mine more.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Awsome #'s mike. I was watching your dyno session from pete's website while at my kids baseball practice last night...Lol !!!

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
VERY NICE.... What do you think it'll run for track times ??

Thanks Rob. Whats going on with your car. Pete asked about it last night. Once I get the suspension dialed in should have no problems with mid 10 sec time slips I would have to assume.

Very nice Mike.

BTW, I have a similar issue with my dragon, but a friend said after he put some miles on his it was much better and like factory feel with the go pedal. I think ironterp had the same experience. Guess I need to drive mine more.

Thanks Jason. It is my 2nd car with the welded Dragon set up and no issues at all with the 1st. Other than shitty throttle pedal position issues they all seem to share. I do realize that its hit or miss with SBTB's. I will keep my eye on it but all is fine till you start the car and the TPS voltage goes right up. I am going to try a return spring and yes get some miles on it.

Last edited:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Awsome #'s mike. I was watching your dyno session from pete's website while at my kids baseball practice last night...Lol !!!

Did you see me admiring your 04? BTW Pete told me to tell you that it's been spending the nights outside lol.

Blackedout

Established Member
Thanks Rob. Whats going on with your car. Pete asked about it last night. Once I get the suspension dialed in should have no problems with mid 10 sec time slips I would have to assume.

Everything I do just keeps adding weight.... Need to start shedding some..

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Awesomeness! Question about the fuel system, are you running an 03/04 Cobra wiring harness with regards to the fpdm or something like the 99-01 Cobra's with the fpdm triggered by the inertia switch? Just asking cause if the latter how did you wire the BAP in if you did the 8 gauge power upgrade? Is it a 20 or 40 amp? Terminator tank and hat too?

Last edited:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Awesomeness! Question about the fuel system, are you running an 03/04 Cobra wiring harness with regards to the fpdm or something like the 99-01 Cobra's with the fpdm triggered by the inertia switch? Just asking cause if the latter how did you wire the BAP in if you did the 8 gauge power upgrade? Is it a 20 or 40 amp? Terminator tank and hat too?

Heres the deal. The car has a complete 03 harness with the exception of the body harness. That is a 99 Cobra. I removerd the drivetrain from a well done 03 into a 99 EG car. It does have the 03 tank, hat etc. He had it wired funky and it caused the car to run pig rich (the EG car). He had no BAP just the Modified FDM. He then had wires going down to the pump wires on the hat. I think he had those pumps just running at full duty cycle all the time. Everytime I would start it it would Start hard, spudder for a second, then black smoke from the tails, it would clear up and run fine after a few seconds. Not right!

What I did is combine the 2 Green/yel wire up in the driver kick that come from the relay box under the hood to power up the pumps. Put these to a single 10g and ran it back to my FPDM (mod'd) seperate from the single 99 wire (br/pk I believe it was). I also ran a 8g from the battery to the BAP (wire upgrade). I just wired it up normally after studying many schematics from here and several other sources. I have killer fuel presure and the pumps are working great and like they should. Car runs like a champ. Other than my above stated high idle that I am woking on today.

On a side note, my tuner told me that the 60 lb injectors work better with the E85 than they do with gas. I guess the spray is finer/wider due to faster atomization characteristics of ethenol? Dont get me wrong though, with TS you would have to upgrade to 80's or higher and prob a return sysytem.

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Heres the deal. The car has a complete 03 harness with the exception of the body harness. That is a 99 Cobra. I removerd the drivetrain from a well done 03 into a 99 EG car. It does have the 03 tank, hat etc. He had it wired funky and it caused the car to run pig rich (the EG car). He had no BAP just the Modified FDM. He then had wires going down to the pump wires on the hat. I think he had those pumps just running at full duty cycle all the time. Everytime I would start it it would Start hard, spudder for a second, then black smoke from the tails, it would clear up and run fine after a few seconds. Not right!

What I did is combine the 2 Green/yel wire up in the driver kick that come from the relay box under the hood to power up the pumps. Put these to a single 10g and ran it back to my FPDM (mod'd) seperate from the single 99 wire (br/pk I believe it was). I also ran a 8g from the battery to the BAP (wire upgrade). I just wired it up normally after studying many schematics from here and several other sources. I have killer fuel presure and the pumps are working great and like they should. Car runs like a champ. Other than my above stated high idle that I am woking on today.

On a side note, my tuner told me that the 60 lb injectors work better with the E85 than they do with gas. I guess the spray is finer/wider due to faster atomization characteristics of ethenol? Dont get me wrong though, with TS you would have to upgrade to 80's or higher and prob a return sysytem.
Wow I knew you had to do something out of the ordinary and figured you had a harness with the green/yellow. my Bap is still in the back but now it's not hooked up with the dual pumps cause when you do the wire upgrade the blk/pink connects to a relay...

Users who are viewing this thread