Terminated 96 Cobra street car

qwikhuh

Established Member
I am thinking about a 2011 GT so I am am going to put my Cobra up for sale.

My car had 51,000 miles on the chassis when I did a full engine, trans, wiring, fuel system swap out of a 2004 Cobra with 12,000 miles on it. The combo now has a little over 19,000 miles on it.

2004 Cobra motor
Home ported blower
Billet flow 2.76 and idlers
JLT cold air
Evenflow cooling mod
BBK longtube and off road X pipe
Magnaflow catback
490/490 at the tires on 93 octane pump gas. Car was tuned by SGS to be safe and driven, not for max dyno numbers.

2004 Cobra T-56 6 speed
Lethal billet T/O bearing retainer
MGW shifter
F'in Fast shift knob

1996 Cobra rear
Truetrac 31 spline carrier
Moser 31 spline axles
FRPP cover
4:10 FRPP gears
GT rotors for 15 in wheel fitment

1996/2004 Cobra interior
2004 center console, center stack, 6 disc radio, SVT gauge cluster
96 Cobra dash frame with clock
Cobra Daytona seats (small nickel size wear/tear in drivers seat)
Rhodes Custom Auto 8 point rollbar with removable swingouts

Custom aluminum rear wing
Custom paint is 8 years old and still looks great. Original black with painted flames and sikkens blue pearl clear coat. Decals are vinyl and easily removable.
HID lights
Sequential tailights
Tokico D spec shocks and struts
Cobra R front and rear springs

18x9 and 18x10 American Racing Rebels with new Nitto 555 radials

This car was built to be driven and is right at home at a car show or drag race. Won first place in class at Carlisle, Mustangweek, World Ford Challenge, LMMC, and several other shows. Its been featured in 5.0, MM&FF, Mustang Enthusiast, and Mororso used it in their advertisements.

Stereo, A/C, etc all work perfectly. My wife and I recently drove the car on the 2010 Route 66 Rally and put over 2500 miles on it in a week. It's is a true road car and is perfectly reliable for everyday use yet makes plenty of power. I would like to own a 2011 GT but I do not need to sell the car so I will not give it away. Looking for $18,000

Only known issues are the small hole in the driver seat and the abs does not work. I did not swap the ABS brakeline box out of the 04 Cobra so it does not have working traction control. I do have the box and will include it with the car if wanted.

I will do a full photoshoot on the car once I get it cleaned up from our vacation but here are a few shots from the Route 66 Rally

Last edited:

qwikhuh

Established Member
Price lowered to $16,000 FIRM 19250 miles currently on 04 Cobra engine and transmission.

qwikhuh

Established Member
sounds like an amazing car but not really digging the paint job..but hey to each their own... GLWS man....

I get compliments on the paint every time I drive it but it's not for everybody. When I decided to paint in 9 years ago I wanted something that I had never see before to make it "my" car and that's what I came up with. I love it but I know to some people it might be a negative. Someone I know told me he would love to buy the car but it would never be "his" car as it sits and he didn't want to paint it. These pics show off the color change a lot more. The clear is a deep blue pearl that gets purplish under the right light and dark blue/black with less light. These were shot by a friend in the morning when Modified Mustang shot the car.

I cant believe you are selling this car, hands down one of my favorite SN95 cars ever.

Thanks man. If I get what I want for it then it sells. If not the Recaro Speeds and Brembos go on :) I honestly don't expect to sell it. The market sucks right now and nobody will get a $16k loan for a 96 so it would have to be a cash buyer. I already was told I am asking too much over NADA for it in a PM....lol

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
cars gorgeous..one of my favs as well...i actually really love the color combo and the flams, an di dont like flames on stangs...great job and i hope you get what you want for her!

NewMach123

Established Member
Why can't you be closer! I am trying to trade my Mach 1 and would be willing to add a lil cash but its just so far....None of the goo cars are in the midwest, we must be boring :p

greg86

Established Member
Do you happen to have the stock wheels that could come with the car rather than the 18s? Abs light still on? Brakes and sets added yet?

Users who are viewing this thread