Termifox

Jroc

Established Member
As they are called. Thats what I R thinking. What spank you?

I got this wrecked 03 Slowbra, and its motor and tranny are in desperate need of a new home. I'm thinking maybe a notch with a 6 point cage, seam welded chassis, infloor SFC's, MM k-member, a-arms, C/C, and C/O's, Steeda 5 Link 2, CCW Classic race rims(not street rims) etc, etc. Maybe even after I have it together I'll build a Teksid for it. I want it light, but I don't want a DR setup. I want it to handle very well, and be decent on the street. I defiantly want to go manual steering, but I don't want manual brakes, but I'm pretty sure that you have to run manual brake to run manual steering on a Modular Mustang. I don't want to run the A/C as I believe deleting it saves about 40 lbs and free's up HP. Also a rear seat delete would be in the cards as would relocating the battery to the trunk. I would love to get it below 3,200 lbs, as I would love a Mustang to run with a Z06 HP for HP, and I feel that a notch is the best choice for this. Even thinking about running some tall gearing(maybe 3.08's in the rearend) to pull higher speeds in lower gears. Basically I want it to skeet all over my Terminator HP for HP.

What do y'all think. If I get a notch I want a black one.(they kind of look like a Grand National from the rear)

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Not a bad idea. Are you planning on being back in a Cobra soon? Anyway good luck on whatever you decide.

Jroc

Established Member
Not a bad idea. Are you planning on being back in a Cobra soon? Anyway good luck on whatever you decide.

Not unless I can get a good deal on a Cobra chassis to do a swap with my cobras parts. Someone had a Black 93 listed at $5,700. Car looked great with only 73K on it, and the only negative against it was a duplicate title, but the guy wouldn't return call or answer emails. That would of been one cool car to swap my drivetrain into.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Ive seen a fully swapped engine/interor/irs fox and that thing was the shit. If you have the means and times i say do it.

Jroc

Established Member
Ive seen a fully swapped engine/interor/irs fox and that thing was the shit. If you have the means and times i say do it.

Was it noticable faster than a Terminator HP for HP? I'm thinking of keeping the SRA, and Foxbody interior, but we'll see.

WillyB93

Established Member
I d say do it if your not looking for another 03 or 04. A guy named Aaron built a 1993 cobra painted it mystichrome with an 04 motor and transmission and it was sweet!!!!!!!

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
I say sell me your Cobra and I will swap it over in hopefulley the New T Top coupe I am getting this week.

J/K I think its a great Idea...guess I will try and find maybe an earlier model cobra to do the swap if no Termis come up.....

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Was it noticable faster than a Terminator HP for HP? I'm thinking of keeping the SRA, and Foxbody interior, but we'll see.

Only saw it casually driving and parked...no WOT. I mean honestly...its a real unique project that shouldn't put too big of a hole in your pocket since you already have the wrecked cobra.

WillyB93

Established Member
If the parts like you do I would convert my red 1993 cobra to the supercharged setup!!!!

abcstyers

Established Member
Knew someone back home who did that, he was runnin mid 12s with a stock Termi engine in his fox... If that tells you anything.

WillyB93

Established Member
Yes it would be a long project but could defiantly pump the power out of the 03/04 cobra motors!!!

Jroc

Established Member
You know what **** a Mustang. I mean for real **** a stupid ass Mustang. I am just so burn out on looking for a Mustang I want that its really pissing me. I think I need to go back to smoking bud. I mean I can't just let my car rot away in the shop forever. I need another Mustang to swap everyting from my Cobra over to it, or to sell off Cobra.(do not PM me about selling my car) But I would really like to use it as a donor car for something.

There are two kinds of Mustang rollers that I'm really wanting. One is a dark(black or close to it) Foxbody coupe, or a 93 Cobra. It seem every time I find one I want it gets ****ed, and its pissing me off. Its either someone coming behind me and getting the car, or people don't want to return call or emails. I mean this has happened with probably 5 or 6 cars I've inquired about.

Also people way over charge for shit. Tons of people trying to get $4,500/5000 for some modded up roller notch which looks so-so kind of not very good body and paint wise which the cars only built for one purpose which is DR'ing, and claim it runs 9's and shit. I personally would rather not have some modded up drag mobile. First off I don't give a damn about DR'ing,(hell it put me in the predicament I'm in now) and more important that just means that that weak Foxbody chassis has seen a whole hell of a lot more stress then Ford ever intended it to, and is probably bent and twisted. I don't give a damn if its got SFC's, and a roll cage or not that kind of abuse is hard on a chassis. They try and sell it on "well its got a cheap ass DR kmember, and 90/10 shocks with a airbag, and 4 cylinder springs, and 31 spline axles with a locker, and blah, blah, blah."

I am telling y'all it is really starting to get on my nerves how every time I try to get a car that I WANT(I'm not buying something I'm not going to like) something happens were I don't get it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread