Termi or 5.0?

STALLKING

Established Member
I havent had the privilege of driving a 5.0 yet but i have owned a 2003 cobra. Just trying to get peoples opinion who have owned or at least driven both. I just ordered a 2012 5.0 but i miss that supercharger whine and i can get an 03 for about 10 grand less. is the 5.0 that much better? id be happy with both just trying to decide where to spend my money. oh and i cant test drive a 5.0 cause im deployed. thanks guys

ViciousJay

Established Member
I havent had the privilege of driving a 5.0 yet but i have owned a 2003 cobra. Just trying to get peoples opinion who have owned or at least driven both. I just ordered a 2012 5.0 but i miss that supercharger whine and i can get an 03 for about 10 grand less. is the 5.0 that much better? id be happy with both just trying to decide where to spend my money. oh and i cant test drive a 5.0 cause im deployed. thanks guys

I hear you on every account, im torn as well but i have to say the 11GT is a nice car, has the same pull as a terminator but with out the whine. The one thing the GT has going for it over the cobra is gas mileage and optional fuel. In the winter ive been running 87 because i dont see a need in over spending for gas when im not pounding on the car. Also in the summer even with 93 i averaged 19 on the street and 32 highway while still beating the snot of it which is bad ass! I like the interior of the GT better but the every time i see a cobra my stomach gets all warm inside.... You cant go wrong with either and if your looking for something cheaper someone just posted a used one for 25K w/ auto

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Different kind of car IMO. I've own two terminators, one upper pulley car, and one 2.4KB car, and now own a 2011GT. Personally, I wouldn't go back. The cobra's were both faster than my GT is currently, but the GT is superior in every other regard.

The interior is better, the handling and steering feel are superior, the brakes are better, the chassis is far more solid, there is more room in the trunk, lots more goodies to play with inside (nav, sync, climate control, heated seats, backup camera), and the insurance is less. Then there is the bonus of improved gas milage and a factory warrenty. I loved both of my cobra's, but I like this car much more.

Hepcat007

Established Member
and dont forget to love your CHINA junk trans in the new 5.0 !

Pluses and minuses to both. Having had both, plus an 01 cobra. I agree that the trans has some problems, but it doesn't have an IRS with Half Shafts made of Pretzel. Both great cars and I heavily considered each again. If you want to make big HP, go with the Cobra. Forged Internals and Supercharged engine easy to mod. For a car that handles good "for a mustang" has good factory HP, and has a reasonably quality interior. Go with the 5.0. Both my cobras had more squeaks and rattles than I care to admit.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I hear you on every account, im torn as well but i have to say the 11GT is a nice car, has the same pull as a terminator but with out the whine. The one thing the GT has going for it over the cobra is gas mileage and optional fuel. In the winter ive been running 87 because i dont see a need in over spending for gas when im not pounding on the car. Also in the summer even with 93 i averaged 19 on the street and 32 highway while still beating the snot of it which is bad ass! I like the interior of the GT better but the every time i see a cobra my stomach gets all warm inside.... You cant go wrong with either and if your looking for something cheaper someone just posted a used one for 25K w/ auto

That's not your stomach,.., :-D

rexisme

Established Member
This is easy, daily driver and only car the 11GT hands down. Toy or nice day car, cobra. I have a 11GT and want my 04 cobra back.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
terminator... end of story.
A terminator is apparently not on his wish list. My guess is he wants to paint his car pink bubble gum color with pretty flowers all over it, seeing as how he is looking for a "termi".

1bad04cobra

Established Member
Everyone says you can mod the Termi's more which may be true, bit it seems to me that the 5.0 is hanging right there with them. I mean with a supercharger and modest boost, these 5.0's are are in Kenne Bell cobra territory with 19-20 lb's of boost! I don't know about anyone else but if I can have the superior platform by a mile, better interior and all around better build quality and get 10 seconds consistently with basically the same amount of work the cobra takes.. I'll pick the 5.0 every time!

Silver5Oh

Established Member
you cant take other people's opinions on this. Drive a 2011gt, then go drive a cobra, then go drive the 11gt agian, and then go drive a cobra, then if you cant decide, repeat the process.

I was in the same position you were a few month ago. I was in LOVE with the thought of the cobra, then I actually drove one and it just wasnt for me. Bought the 11gt and been happy as hell since. Plus 117mph trap speeds with 2 bolt ons and drag radials!

JL-KA

Established Member
I looked at this too and I'm going with the 5.0 for the interior and comfort. Plus I'll have more fun starting from the ground up power wise. Start with bolt on's and then move on to boost. It's also hard to find a Termi that hasn't been beaten on for a reasonable price. PLENTY of stock 5.0s. Lots of families buy them and save for a few highway sprints and stoplight races, they're not beaten on. Plus mods(if they did any) are pretty limited(intake, axle back, wheels, etc.) Having the warranty is nice too in case something major goes wrong. I certainly don't have the knowledge or tools to pull a blown motor.

steele501

Established Member
images

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
5.0l hands down. better in every single way besides the short block and maybe trans(no one has broken one at the strip yet, so we'll see).
and dont forget to love your CHINA junk trans in the new 5.0 !
china junk that's running in the 10's in full weight cars:rollseyes how about you give ford and getrag a chance to work out the kinks on a brand new clean sheet piece before concluding that it's crap.

Users who are viewing this thread