Tequila drinkers.. Get in here!

numbnutz

Established Member
Within the last year or so I've acquired a taste for Tequila. Picked up 2 bottles of Kah last weekend and the bottles alone were worth the $110.

My favorite as of now is Don Julio 70.

What are you guys drinking, what do you recommend? :beer:

2qdzn5t.jpg

ViciousJay

Established Member
I like Patron Gold (orange tab) and Kobowaba

I like silver tequila but i must be in a good mood to drink that because otherwise the Hulk comes out in me for some reason

numbnutz

Established Member
I like Patron Gold (orange tab) and Kobowaba

I like silver tequila but i must be in a good mood to drink that because otherwise the Hulk comes out in me for some reason

I'm assuming you meant Cabo Wabo?

:D:rockon::beer:

Last edited:

numbnutz

Established Member
George Clooney has a new one, Casamigos. Supposed to be REAL good. Probably my next pick up.

2463s7l.jpg

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Chilled, straight.

Chilled, not chilled.
Straight
mixed
from the navel of a clean shaven 20 year old woman:

I like my tequila warm
I like my tequila cold

I like my virgins young
I love my tequila old

I drink my tequila near
And I drink it afar

I will drink in my Ford
or some sleezy bar

So stay out of my way
while I raise my glass

In two more shots
Your 14 YO can kick my ass

Last edited by a moderator:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
That Kah shit is awesome. Ill pick up the smaller bottles (that fit in the palm of your hand) when I know there will be some epic shot taking.

Otherwise I enjoy Milagro and Corallejo.

The only tequila ive ever sipped on though was more of a tequila liquer, called Agavero.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Love margaritas but suck at making them. I have good tequila (Patron, Cabo Wabo, 1800), gran marnier, triple sec, lime juice, orange juice, etc. They are always terrible. Any good home recipes??

If you guys like a kick, try Tanteo jalepeno infused tequila. It's pretty damn hot, my fiance loves it.

At the suggestion of a friend, I'll drink tequila and ginger ale every once in a while. It's much better than I thought it'd be.

Finally, any recommendations on smooth, sippable tequilas?? I had one long ago that was amazing, but I don't remember the name. I think it was a reposado, something pretty dark and so smooth.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
201104221154364db1a4bc94af3.jpg

This Grand Centenario Leyenda is the best tasting tequila ever. For just a margarita I prefer patron though.

Kah is rot-gut tequilia and the bottles aren't worth shit... Sorry, just the truth.

ssssnake

Established Member
I sampled some Patron Mocha Tequila last week. I thought it was good. But, I don't care how good it is, I'm not paying $110 for something I piss out.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Looooove tequila. I have probably 5-6 bottles at my bar at home. The brand depends on my intended use. For instance, I'm not going to dump a bunch of Don Julio or Casa Noble into a margarita. Both of those are solid blancos if you're in the market, btw.

1800 is a decent mixer. Patron is OK, but you're paying a premium for marketing. There are better tasting tequilas around that price point, IMO.

My favorite mixer is Sauza Hornitos. 750ml is like $19, 1.5L is $40. Very smooth and not at all overpowering. I much prefer that to Patron, 1800, etc. Definitely recommend it.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Love margaritas but suck at making them. I have good tequila (Patron, Cabo Wabo, 1800), gran marnier, triple sec, lime juice, orange juice, etc. They are always terrible. Any good home recipes??

You trying to make frozen or on the rocks? What's your typical build?

1800 or avion here

Ever since Avion ruined an entire season of Entourage, I cannot bring myself to support that brand. lol.

numbnutz

Established Member
Casa Noble is another I"ll be picking up.

I've only tried the Blanco Kah and liked it, I'll be opening the Reposado(gold bottle) this weekend.

Blown 89

Established Member
how do you guys drink your tequila?
Straight, not chilled.

I've been enamored with a tequila someone brought back from Mexico. It has a gold foil label and I can't find the brand. I'll take pictures tonight.

Have you guys tried the Venturi Spirit aerator?

Masters of Malt has drinks by the dram....I think they offer tequila by the dram as well. Great way to try expensive stuff without the investment:
Drinks by the Dram - Whisky Samples - Master of Malt

Users who are viewing this thread