Temps of A/C in our Cobras

topless_sn8k

Established Member
Hey just a quick ? what is the standard temp of the A/C??? Just curious, my vert seems like it is not cooling fast enough a guess these hot temps in Memphis don't help... Thanks.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
mine will get cold in about 15 seconds, but the hotter the interior of the cabin is, the longer it will take for the AC to cool down the entire cabin, because as soon as the cool air reaches the cabin, its overpowered by the heat, and is why on a hot day with a super hot cabin it takes so long for you to feel it.

now if your AC doesnt blow cold within a minute or so after startup, you have problems. Maybe needs recharge?

topless_sn8k

Established Member
I'm trying to get a baseline temp. on what it is supposed to be. Does anyone know? It gets cool but not cold!!!

VincodeY

Established Member
i measure mine with a thermo in the vent, read 38 degrees. This was driving on the highway but yeah, pretty cold.

topless_sn8k

Established Member
i measure mine with a thermo in the vent, read 38 degrees. This was driving on the highway but yeah, pretty cold.

Thxs. that is what I was looking for. Down here in Memphis it is around 99 degrees with a heat index of 110. But I'm thinking that my AC is no where near 38 degrees.

GA Terminator

Established Member
verts always seen a little warmer just due to the top. check it a night and if it is not ice cold in 10 to 15 seconds, have the ac checked

AaronK

Established Member
My cools pretty quick, even in this Texas heat. It takes about 15-30 seconds before it's nice.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
My vert is fast to cool as well.
They replaced a little valve @ the front of the engine a year ago and since then it will freeze you even in 94 degree's.
Sure it takes a few seconds to get cold but no longer than any other car really.
100 degree's might make even mine work hard :(

topless_sn8k

Established Member
I don't have a guage to measure the temps. I just know it isn't as cold as it was. I appreciate all the feed back but I'm looking for numbers if any of you have them.

wlg101190

Established Member
I had mine last night, full blast, all the way cold, and it was mildly cold! I was sweating in my car! The heater works perfect, but the the cold is not cold at all. What could be wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread