Tell us something about your job that would surprise most people

trxcobra

Established Member
I work in financial planning for a national restaurant brand (Panera Bread).
Overall the brand stays pretty true to what the customer sees. High competition, and the ramp up of delivery aggregators (UberEats, Grubhub, etc.) are creating some challenging times in this industry

GeigerZ

Established Member
All but a couple Tx prisons are non air conditioned and temps regularly hit 110+ in there and we have to keep a temp log for records in case shit happens

Hang tight.. we are working on an automated temp/humidity tracking system...

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
My latest xray system uses a conventional cath-lab c-arm, but it is mounted on a six-axis industrial robot arm. Think of the type of robots on auto-assembly lines, only instead of holding a welder, it holds an xray c-arm. As if that isn't nifty enough all by itself ... it is a "fly-by-wire" system. When the docs or techs move the arm, they don't have to worry about controlling and coordinating the motion of all six axes, which would be a nightmare. Instead they assign the system to, say, move head-to-foot in relation to the table. Now, no matter how the table is angled or tilted, when the operator moves the joy stick, the motion control computers figure out how to activate and coordinate the six axes so it tracks the table. Another nifty bit: it doesn't always arrive at the same solution for any given motion. It's constantly evaluating all the parameters of the case, including the condition of the patient, and adjusting itself to move in the most efficient, least physical-space-consuming series of motions to achieve what the docs and/or techs want it to do.

And I get to work on it. My freakin' dream job, what, are you kidding me? Sometimes I'm afraid I'm going to wake up and it will all have just been only a dream.

stvdman

Established Member
When I was younger I worked at a seafood restaurant. The restaurant served customers perch, a cheaper fish, when the customer ordered grouper or snapper. At that same restaurant I saw a cook spit in a customer’s food that was brought back.

I could always tell when that would happen as a keeper sized groupers has a fillet that is at least 1" thick. Anything thinner and its not a Grouper fillet.

Users who are viewing this thread