Tell us something about your job that would surprise most people

VegasMichael

Established Member
I worked in restaurants for years before I switched careers and I was a dishwasher, busboy, waiter, bartender and cook. One place I worked at had a chili bucket next to the dishwasher station. The rule was, when you cleared a customer's dishes and there was leftover meat on the plate, it went into the bucket to be later added to the chili we had on the menu.

Recon

Established Member
Auto tech. Our shop does work for dealerships and other shops more often than you’d think. The transmission shops are frequent customers as of late due to these new cars needing the trans to be programmed. Dealer send all euro cars to our shop for inspections and the vast majority of exhaust work needed. Due to their lack of ability to get specific exhaust parts that I can get. Shops also want to borrow tools often due to the how complex cars are now. Also it might help that my boss is a genius master tech with getting close to 50 years experience.

Pick your poison.

coposrv

Established Member
An engineering group for a large biotech changed my reports on numerous occasions. They a bacteria in their ultra purified water system.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
At Walmart we would regularly catch people ****ing in the parking lot. Full on naked out in the open in front of the store ****ing.

In the Prison System we would actually turn inmates loose and they would check in with us hourly. No direct observations and we never had one escape like that.

As a valet Ive been offered sex by multiple women even with the husband standing there looking out with a glazed look in his eyes.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
At Walmart we would regularly catch people ****ing in the parking lot. Full on naked out in the open in front of the store ****ing.

In the Prison System we would actually turn inmates loose and they would check in with us hourly. No direct observations and we never had one escape like that.

As a valet Ive been offered sex by multiple women even with the husband standing there looking out with a glazed look in his eyes.

did you ever take up any of the women's offers?

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Its a felony to take an unauthorized cellphone onto a TX prison facility

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Working in the hotel business, I do a lot of off site work. Some days I just drive people around and act as a chauffeur for them.

velocicaur

Established Member
I worked at a hotel for a few years.

1) A kid craps in the hot tub every weekend. It disappears quickly because of the water temperature and jets. Some people would tell the front desk so appropriate action could be made but most of the time they just let it go.

2) The comforters were never washed in the 3 years I was there unless a drink or something spilled on them. There is so much crust on those things. Do not sit on them.

3) We had 5 gallon jugs of bleach, laundry soap, etc. hooked up to the washing machines. They needed to be replaced every couple of days. I went out of town for a while. They were all empty and had not been replaced once. Everything was cleaned with luke-warm water for a few days - sheets, towels, etc.

4) The floors in the rooms are disgusting. Take one of the washcloths in the bathroom, get it damp, and wipe it across the floor. Guaranteed to be black as coal. Wear shoes and socks in hotel rooms at all times.

I no longer stay at hotels. At the off chance that I have to, I buy a cheap sleeping bag from amazon and sleep in that. I toss it into the garbage before I leave.

Blown 89

Established Member
I worked at a hotel for a few years.

1) A kid craps in the hot tub every weekend. It disappears quickly because of the water temperature and jets. Some people would tell the front desk so appropriate action could be made but most of the time they just let it go.

2) The comforters were never washed in the 3 years I was there unless a drink or something spilled on them. There is so much crust on those things. Do not sit on them.

3) We had 5 gallon jugs of bleach, laundry soap, etc. hooked up to the washing machines. They needed to be replaced every couple of days. I went out of town for a while. They were all empty and had not been replaced once. Everything was cleaned with luke-warm water for a few days - sheets, towels, etc.

4) The floors in the rooms are disgusting. Take one of the washcloths in the bathroom, get it damp, and wipe it across the floor. Guaranteed to be black as coal. Wear shoes and socks in hotel rooms at all times.

I no longer stay at hotels. At the off chance that I have to, I buy a cheap sleeping bag from amazon and sleep in that. I toss it into the garbage before I leave.
I can't do hotels anymore. It's why I quit traveling. When I have to stay in one I bring my camping bag as it's smaller than a football. Hotels are disgusting

Users who are viewing this thread