Tell Me What Happens If I Wait For The Chrome Wheels

scottgekko

Established Member
So if they're going to start production in May, and the chrome wheels are on hold till August, do they just wait till August to build the car or do they let it sit somewhere till the wheels come in? Also, if the wheels really dont come out till august 5th, wjhen sould I expect the car to be finished and on its way to the dealership? This might be a stupid question but I've never ordered a car early like the cobra.
Thanks,
Scott

sndmixer

Established Member
Scott... from the memo I received:

"If you have any orders in your order bank with that option, it will not pull so please check your orders and adjust them accordingly. We will begin pulling Cobras in 2 weeks. "

If they don't pull the order, they don't build it.

scottgekko

Established Member
so if they dont' pull the order, does that mean they wont build the car until the wheels come in, or they won't build the car at all??

scottgekko

Established Member
so is that still the first run or do they bump it back to the second run?? I just wanna know if I'm going to get my car anytime near aug 5th when the chrome wheels are supposed to be a go. Or do you think the aluminum wheels would be the way to go..i dont mind waiting for the chromes till august cause even if i ordered it without the chromies it might not come in till july...i just dont want to have to wait till october or something crazy just for rims.

Shifty

Established Member
Scott- Nice to see another future 03 owner from GA. I called Gene Evans where I ordered my Torch Red coupe today, to let them know to cancel the chrome wheels. This morning I called SVT and spoke to Quinitin (sp?). He said that if you ordered the wheels, you would get second production run, sometime late August. He stated that all SVT dealerships received notification of this. I called Wyatt Turner, my salesman, and told him this. He didn't have a clue.

I personally could not wait that long for this car. Hell most of the summer will be gone. I can always buy the chrome wheels later on.

BTW- Where did you order your car from? I went through Gene Evans.

svt-tmleader

Established Member
Not that I doubt what SVT is saying, but......... I am the SVT coordinator at my store and I have yet to hear from SVT about the no chrome wheel situiation. Once I started reading all these threads, I started researching it on the fdealer website, and nothing. I guess I have to dig a little harder. Anyway, I will be at the SVT meetings in AZ starting Tuesday, so I guess I will get it "straight from the horses mouth". After I drive the new 03 Cobra that is!

Black Cobra

Established Member
scottgekko,
If you do not cancel the chrome option, your car WILL NOT be built during the first run. Your car will be built during the second run. At the earliest you will recieve your car in September or you could just as easily recieve it in October, November, or December. You make the call.

svt-tmleader,
You need to pick up the phone and call somebody. Apparently somebody is keeping you out of the loop. I don't think the "Internet Dealer" that I'm going though knew about it until I e-mailed him on it. I talked to him today, he apparently was able to talk to somebody. He told me that cars with the chrome wheel option would not be available until September at the earliest.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Chrome Wheels?

Talked with SVT today. Did confirm that delay is real. Chromeyourwheels.com will chrome your wheels for 116 a wheel, and about 100 bucks for shipping and handling. SVT did not know the price differential for chrome vs. satin. may be worth it to get car early. Still haven't decided:gt:

cobra 829

Established Member
buy a set set y2k chrome and sell you wheels they will go for top doller it will be cheaper then buying them for ford after selling you should pay about 400 vs the 1200 option food for thught

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Order pulled, with Chrome Wheels

My dealer called and my ordered was pulled today! Build in early May. My order had Chrome wheels selected. Not sure what it means, --- am I special?, Is there a limited # of Chrome wheels avail. ? Who knows but it looks like Cobra time for me is June.

eddy z

Established Member
well most of you have hit on the head with this chrome or polished rim option for the first run. Fact: ford vendor cannot produce rims for the first production run that starts in May.. First run will produce around 3400 units. for late june into july delivery..My dealership called me last week to review this as well. they stated this. if i do not cancel the option(chrome rim option that is), my order will not be pulled for the first run and my order will be placed into the second run, which starts in Aug, with a delivery anywhere from sept outward... then ford is goingto offer a "Swap" program. Details still to be TBA as my rep said.. He thought it was the old deal of buy it now informally(sign up for it at your delaership once the program becomes avialibe), come back in Aug. have rims swaped out, and pay for the upgrade option.. So, with that, i changed my order and we are a go...ordered the mineral grey with black top, rims on hold until aug.. trading in my 98 convert...ready to run..

Users who are viewing this thread