Tell me is this pulley has been changed.

jwlightning

Established Member
**edit** I just realized I can't spell "if" worth a damn in the title!

I took some pics of the blower pulley and the snout bolts. Can any of you tell me if you suspect the pulley to have been changed at some point? I see what appears to be rub marks behind the pulley. Perhaps a really small pulley rubbing at one point? Also, it looks as if the snout bolts have been touched. Why would this be? Perhaps a ported blower? With what I am fairly certain to be a stock car, I'm seeing app. 8-9lbs. of boost. I wouldn't think it's ported. Any commentary is appreciated.

LakeLureCobra022.jpg

LakeLureCobra025.jpg

LakeLureCobra024.jpg

LakeLureCobra023.jpg

Last edited:

antiv6

Established Member
definitely had a pulley tool used on it before, hard to see how big the pulley is with close up pics

Last edited:

Juruense

Banned
No doubt it has been. The question is what is the current tune appropriate for? That is a question that need answered pretty much before the car is driven.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
No doubt it has been. The question is what is the current tune appropriate for? That is a question that need answered pretty much before the car is driven.

if it was a tune for a smaller pulley, he will just be running pig rich and low timing at WOT.

when i bought my car, the tune was for a 2.76 and it had a 2.93 on it. i was seeing 15* max advance and 10.5-11:1 afr and the car put down 405whp/420wtq. Once tuned for the 2.93 it saw numbers in my sig, with 19* max advance and 11.5:1 afr at redline.

jwlightning

Established Member

if it was a tune for a smaller pulley, he will just be running pig rich and low timing at WOT.

when i bought my car, the tune was for a 2.76 and it had a 2.93 on it. i was seeing 15* max advance and 10.5-11:1 afr and the car put down 405whp/420wtq. Once tuned for the 2.93 it saw numbers in my sig, with 19* max advance and 11.5:1 afr at redline.

I would have to believe the tune has been returned to stock. I have not had it on a dyno yet, so I cannot confirm it. I do know that it runs very well, and that I did take it down the 1320 in 12.8 @ 111 (IIRC), which would seem to be a stock time.

Perhaps you guys can tell me a clever way to track down the original two owners? (I'm the third) I know the dealer cannot give out this info. SVT was able to tell me that the car was originally in Bradenton, FL and then in Alabama, but they could not release the owners info. They did tell me the warranty history looked all clear. :D

Thanks for listening to my rambles. I'm trying to learn all I can about these cars as I've been in a Lightning for the last 4 years previous to this.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
It has been changed for sure. Did you just buy the car?

I don't think you can get the old info of owners. Car Fax doesn't even give you that.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It does look like there was a pulley change at some point. My advice to ANYONE who buys a used Terminator is to at least hook up a wide-band and check your A/F BEFORE you take the car to the track, or get aggressive on the street. Never assume the tune is okay unless you know the previous owner or know the history of the motor. In your case I would check you tune ASAP with either a wide-band or a local dyno, and update the tune if necessary. And every time you make a substantial change to your motor mods (ie. pulley swap) check your A/F again. Better safe than sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread