Tech- Add-on subwoofer install into 03 Cobra Vert using factory Mach 460 stereo

Jpjr

Established Member
How do I connect my black/white black/green wires to the converter? IIRC you said no cutting or anything. How exactly do I use those clam connectors to splice the wires to the connector? and by clam connectors you do mean the ones that look like little eye's right? just a circle on the end with a hollow part to crimp the wire in?

images

This is a clam connector

smitty2919

Established Member
sorry to revive an old thread, but I found this and want to do this in my Mach 1. I have a scosche fai-3a converter and was wondering how you go about splicing into the data cable to the converter.

I know I'm looking for black/white and black/green wires under the rear deck where the data plug is (already located it). there is 8 terminals Pos and neg for 4 wires:

90124887.jpg

thanks for any help!!

Jpjr

Established Member
are you asking how to mechanically splice them together or how to identify the correct wires.

regarding the wires, i don't think i can help because the wiring has been different for the cobras vs machs vs gt's for some reason.

for the splicing, most of us use the clam connectors shown a few before yours that allow you to splice two wires together without soldering.

the only reason why you would use the clam instead of something more permanent is because most people eventually remove their subs so it makes things a little easier.

smitty2919

Established Member
I was wondering what terminals to keep neg and pos. I have 4 wires, 2 neg and 2 pos. are the 2 neg ones going to be A2 and A4 on my converter input? with the pos being A1 and A3? etc

Users who are viewing this thread