Tech: 2015 Mustang GT Stainless Works Exhaust & JLT CAI Test @ Pro-Dyno

t01lightning

Established Member
Those numbers are really low, I'll be skipping on the sw exhaust, not even an auto or a mustang dyno, tune intake stock exhaust rev auto made 420+. 450+ w American racing headers , something is not right with this car

bpmurr

Established Member
SW catback cuts power. The SW headers are fine. Just another confirmation of what many of us know.

t01lightning

Established Member
It's pretty rediculous with these companies charging over 1000 for cat backs because of the so called RnD. It is exhaust tubing and not that complicated.

Deranged2013

Established Member
Not necessarily. SW flows better than the stock system so you will pick up a very slight gain (nothing noticeable) over the factory catback. The car in the vid picked up nice gains from the intake, headers, and tune. If you run longtube headers though the SW catback will hold back some potential gains. If you plan to run longtubes you may want to choose a different aftermarket catback but if you plan to stick with factory headers and cats, the SW catback system will be a good choice for sound.

Last edited:

bpmurr

Established Member
Not necessarily. SW flows better than the stock system so you will pick up a very slight gain (nothing noticeable) over the factory catback. The car in the vid picked up nice gains from the intake, headers, and tune. If you run longtube headers though the SW catback will hold back some potential gains. If you plan to run longtubes you may want to choose a different aftermarket catback but if you plan to stick with factory headers and cats, the SW catback system will be a good choice for sound.

The SW Catback is cutting power period. The full Kooks and American Racing setup are in the 440 to 460 range on a Dynojet. Take the catback off and just run the SW headers with cats and you're in the 440+ range as well. It's been tested by owners on other forms.

Last edited:

jdcobra

Established Member
The SW Catback is cutting power period. The full Kooks and American Racing setup are in the 440 to 460 range on a Dynojet. Take the catback off and just run the SW headers with cats and you're in the 440+ range as well. It's been tested by owners on other forms.

According to the threads you read on mustang6g...

evo8904

Established Member
Here is a link with a 2015 mustang has a Kooks exhaust system that is making 445 rwhp on the same dyno as this car. The issue is the louvered resonators/mufflers on the SW catback. Just do a google search of louvered resonators and tell me what you find. Basically, they do sound great but cause a lot of turbulence and are restrictive. They are also cheaper than perforated resonators.

Deranged2013

Established Member
According to the threads you read on mustang6g...

I know from experience. I ran SW and have seen low dynos on my own car. Like I said before, If you plan to run long-tube headers and want the most out of this mod, SW cat-back will not be the ideal choice. If you are sticking with stock headers and cats, they will be fine.

Boxstang40

Established Member
they have a video of a blue 2011 with kooks headers and hi flow x with gt500 axleback that made 437, only 8 less than the 2015. Is there any real difference in the engines?

jdcobra

Established Member
I'd still love to hear what the kooks catback sounds like

jdcobra

Established Member
Damn that sounds good. Waiting for Borla to come out with theirs to make a final decision. Right now I'm digging the magnaflow comp series

Deespeed99

Established Member
The headers are fine. Its the catback that is the restriction. Their headers perform well.

Users who are viewing this thread