Teaser Pics - 2010 Shelby GT500 CCMB No-Drill Front Plate Bracket...

WydOpen

Established Member
I know there have been quite a few guys waiting for Craig to fab one of these up. He stopped by last week to take measurements and came back today with a pre-production version for fitment and finish.

I have to say it looks great and I can't wait for him to bring it back from the powdercoating shop. He is going to make some slight changes, but this is pretty close to his production version...

His website for ordering when the time comes...

Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets

He is TORQJNKY on here if you want to shoot him a PM.

Enjoy...

p2220625.jpg

p2220626.jpg

p2220627.jpg

p2220628.jpg

p2220629.jpg

p2220630.jpg

p2220631.jpg

p2220632.jpg

Last edited:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
subscribing....looks good..but,one question. How close is that bracket to the front bumper? Any issues with it moving back and forth and hitting the bumper? Or is there padding behind that so, it does not hit? Just curious..hard to tell from the picture but, it does look good. I am not putting on the front plate unless I get pulled over for it....and I have to....then...I'll buy this one.

6SPD_GT500

Established Member
Very good idea. It looks great.
I think in picture # 5 it looks like it has a little piece of foam showing from
the angle the picture was taken, up where the " T " connects, just a guess, might be wrong.

WydOpen

Established Member
subscribing....looks good..but,one question. How close is that bracket to the front bumper? Any issues with it moving back and forth and hitting the bumper? Or is there padding behind that so, it does not hit? Just curious..hard to tell from the picture but, it does look good. I am not putting on the front plate unless I get pulled over for it....and I have to....then...I'll buy this one.

There will be some rubber stops/padding. I'm sure he'll take close up pics when it is all finished.

Here in Virginia it is required and the cops are pretty bad about it at times. Some of the military installations won't let you on if your vehicle is registered in Virginia and you don't have a front plate. I have no problem running a front plate, but I don't want in permanent and I want to be able to quickly remove it for shows and cleaning.

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
Looks OK, I guess, I would just have to pay the fine repetitivly if I lived in a front plate state. One question is the plastic grill sandwiched between two piced of aluminum? Any worry about a overzealous customer tightening too much and either breaking the grill or marking it up good?

TORQJNKY

Hey Rob, thanks for posting up the pics. I will get you over a final version fully powder coated hopefully by the end of the week for you to drive test.

For all the questions, there is foam rubber behind the bracket so no metal part of the bracket will touch the front fascia. The aluminum pieces that bolt to the lower grill are coated in a rubberized material and rest where the four corners of the honey comb pieces meet (strongest point) on both sides. It would have to be pretty tight to break the lower grill. My 07-09 GT500 design has the same mounting concept and has been installed on some cars for 2 years now with no issues.

The bracket will be powder coated satin black and the plan is to use screw caps to hide the lower screws. It is designed so the cross bracket stays mounted and you are able to remove the license plate bracket for car shows etc... with the simple turn of a phillips screw driver.

I should have these in inventory in a couple of weeks. Just trying to offer an alternative to the bracket that mounts below the splitter. Something that looks good, is removeable for cars shows and just works. :beer:

xenodragon

Established Member
I have this on my 04 Cobra....I have to say its an awesome product, and probably the ONLY option available if you have to have a license plate.

bpmurr

Established Member
I'm looking forward to seeing the final black powder coated product. I might pickup one for driving in the People's Republic of Maryland.

TORQJNKY

Hey everyone. I am picking up 40 completed 2010 GT500 "No Drill" brackets today. They are all powder coated satin black and will be ready to ship by Friday/Saturday. I will post up some final installed pics tonight after I am done installing the first one on Rob's (Wydopen) car.

If you are interested in picking one of these up, email me directly at [email protected]. I will also include you on the email blast I am sending out tonight with pictures, pricing and payment details on the bracket. They will go fast so don't miss out. Thanks and have a great day! :beer:

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I ordered the lic plate bracket for my 08 Shelby GT500 a few months back and finally had a chance to install it today. It was one of the easiest job I've ever did. Very sturdy...much better than drilling the bumpers. I really didn't want to put any lic plate on the front but with 2 fix it ticket and the embarrassment of be pulled over...Craig's lic plate brackets was worth it. 2 thumbs up on his products.

Users who are viewing this thread