Tear Down Has Begun! Hellion TT Install!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Need driving vids :)
Soon enough. I have driven around the block a few times to make sure everything is OK. I will be sure and get some more good video once it is finished being tuned.

Fantastic! Glad she's coming along. Love seeing the progress!
Thanks. I see the light at the end of the tunnel! :thumbsup:

Great job you saved alot of money doing it yourself and get that great sence of pride :)
True! I have always done my own work. It is very satisfying. :beer:

:beer:

That's what I love about it. You can tell people on the street it's stock. Audibly, they would never know.
Actually that would be for sure! Even driving it sounds stock.

Awesome man!
Thanks. :beer:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Figured I would get a better start up video for you.

This is with my base tune that I created.

[youtube_browser]UbTmpC_g0lQ[/youtube_browser]

Ratchet

Established Member
Awesome Sleeper!! Been waiting a long time to see the end of this!! Haha Well done Brother. :beer:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Awesome Sleeper!! Been waiting a long time to see the end of this!! Haha Well done Brother. :beer:
Thanks Dave! :beer:

Those wheels suck :)

Sounds great Kev!
Lol. Thanks Lance. :beer:

Are those the stock mufflers on your car or GT500?
They are 2012 GT500 mufflers.

Badass 04 sleeper! Great build and with also those turbos and nitrose that car should move!
Lol. It should! :burnout::dancenana:

Huh?:shrug:
Inside joke. Lol

So are we thinking twins in the near future??? :beer:
I think his Fox takes care of his turbo needs. :thumbsup:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I wonder....

Let's assume the car has a Lethal 3" off road H pipe, Lethal 2.75" over the axle pipes, and stock GT500 mufflers.

at what power would the twin turbo engine build suffer from stock mufflers, if at all?

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
I wonder....

Let's assume the car has a Lethal 3" off road H pipe, Lethal 2.75" over the axle pipes, and stock GT500 mufflers.

at what power would the twin turbo engine build suffer from stock mufflers, if at all?

IDK about suffer but I bet the car will make less power at 500whp than a car with straight through mufflers

D.T.R

Established Member
Figured I would get a better start up video for you.

This is with my base tune that I created.

[youtube_browser]UbTmpC_g0lQ[/youtube_browser]

bwahaha that's awesome how quiet it is. I love it dude. Pretty awesome build.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I wonder....

It won't be enough to notice on low boost.

IDK about suffer but I bet the car will make less power at 500whp than a car with straight through mufflers
It will be negligible at low boost. I could really care less anyway. If I was maxing the turbos and system and trying to win an NMRA class, then I might worry. This is a street car. If I want the difference between the two, I can just turn it up another 1/4 lb of Boost.

bwahaha that's awesome how quiet it is. I love it dude. Pretty awesome build.
Thanks. It is silly how quite it is!

Good work OP! Did you flow your turbos?
Not yet. I do plan on it though.

Torchy

Established Member
Cool I'd be curious to know what they flow (hot). Also are you using the restricters?

StevenStarke

Established Member
It won't be enough to notice on low boost.

It will be negligible at low boost. I could really care less anyway. If I was maxing the turbos and system and trying to win an NMRA class, then I might worry. This is a street car. If I want the difference between the two, I can just turn it up another 1/4 lb of Boost.

I agree with you, I have the same mufflers. But I may change them, not sure yet.

StevenStarke

Established Member
you guys mean flow the oil? How do you do that? How can I make the car crank with starting besides pulling the coils off?

Torchy

Established Member
you guys mean flow the oil? How do you do that? How can I make the car crank with starting besides pulling the coils off?

Get the car hot at full operating temp. Disconnect oil return lines to pan. Cap bungs off at pan. Let return lines hang and let oil come out of them. Put measuring cups under them. Turn car on and let run for exactly 30 seconds and turn back off. Measure how much oil came out in that 30 seconds. 12 ounces (per turbo) is my magical number. John says 8-15 ounces is acceptable.

Call John and he'll send you a oil flow kit for free. Includes measuring cups and pan bung caps.

Users who are viewing this thread