• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Teacher's Unions pledge walkoffs, job actions to support 'Black Lives Matter' before election

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by ShelbyGT5HUN, Sep 7, 2020.

1. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

And that's the biggest problem. The majority of Americans (and parents) view all this as "normal", so they vote with their silence. IMO, public teachers (grades K-12) should be banned from bringing current politics into the classroom. You're their to teach, plain and simple. If you want to demonstrate and leave your job to do so, you lose your job. I know that will never happen, but it's how I feel. Hell, in all my years of public school, never once do I recall we ever discussed politics in the classroom. Non-existent. Today, the opposite is true.

So yeah, if those parents who believe politics doesn't belong in the classroom stood up for their children and refused to accept it, education administrators would have to take notice and take action. JMO.

ShelbyGT5HUN and merc lover like this.
  2. Lambeau

Lambeau Superfleck Moonbird Premium Member Established Member Malt Liquor Mafia

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 6.56.31 AM.png

3. Double"O"

Double"O" N2S come get some Established Member

Many parents have no clue what thier kids are being taught...

4. SHIFTYBUSINESS

SHIFTYBUSINESS Well-Known Member Established Member

The school system is a major breading ground for all this craziness. Let them strike we really need to replace a bunch of them. This attack on American will never stop if we let the nuts teach our kids. The silence majority needs to understand this.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

5. venmos1

venmos1 Well-Known Member Established Member

That's the problem. Parents need to be involved. Communicate with their children. Educate their children. It's not up to the school system to raise your kids. Imagine paying someone to brainwash your own children? I can't. And won't.

Reminds me of a time when our friends 14 year old made a comment about her backpack. She said something along the lines of " that's my bag. My personal stuff. Not for my mom to know what's in there". I was like ummm hell no. As a parent I WILL go through my kids stuff. I will go into their phone. I will know what is going on in their lives. I will respect their privacy. But parents need to know what's going on in their childrens lives.

6. derklug

derklug Seriously? No, never. Established Member

Let them strike and relearn their forgotten history. Can you say PATCO?

7. HudsonFalcon

HudsonFalcon Well-Known Member Established Member

Now is the time for affordable private schools to pop up focusing on the 3 R's and good old fashioned values.

8. Double"O"

Double"O" N2S come get some Established Member

I remember that time i told my mom that about my bedroom...she relayed that message to my father...and then shit got real lol

9. 03Sssnake

03Sssnake TK-421 Established Member Beer Money Bros.

I guess none of us need to pay property taxes anymore....****ing stupid twats

Klay, Lambeau, ShelbyGT5HUN and 7 others like this.
  10. L8APEX

L8APEX On my tummy..! Established Member

We actually should be getting money back since they can sell the empty school buildings, as "this is the new normal."

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lambeau, *Jay* and 03Sssnake like this.
  11. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

I would not be surprised to see Trump tie Fed school funding to school choice/vouchers.

12. ShelbyGT5HUN

ShelbyGT5HUN Well-Known Member Established Member

Our district RAISED taxes in June by 4%. The maximum allowed per year. Last year it went up 3%.

13. Crimson2v

Crimson2v Well-Known Member Established Member

The schools in Durham have been shut down and have recently announced they will allow some in school learning but it will be limited and the parents will be charged 140 bucks a week! These people have lost their damn minds.

ShelbyGT5HUN and merc lover like this.
  14. Lambeau

Lambeau Superfleck Moonbird Premium Member Established Member Malt Liquor Mafia

I truly feel so sorry for children and parents who are having their liberty, education, and lives totally ****ed-up by these political bastards.

Grandaughter was moved to new school. Even though it's 10 miles away and attends from 8am-noon, she at least gets to go Monday through Friday.

Our daughter pulled her from a school that was going two days a week and hugged an iPad all day.

JFC, what is going on?

*Jay*, Crimson2v and ShelbyGT5HUN like this.
  15. Blk04L

Blk04L . . . Premium Member Established Member

Reduce, reuse and recycle?

lol

HudsonFalcon likes this.
  16. rotor_powerd

rotor_powerd Well-Known Member Established Member

Our oldest just started kindergarten at a private school the other day, in person 5 days a week with no mask bullshit. We were on the fence with public/private school before the China flu came around, that put us solidly on the private school side. Assuming we can afford it for the next 16 years, all 3 kids will go to private school until they graduate. Watching what's going on in public schools on the taxpayer dime is disgusting.

17. tistan

tistan Well-Known Member Established Member

There in lies the problem. They take thousands of tax dollars a year for public school whether you use them or not, and there is no tax break for home school and private school parents. When I graduated from private school 23 years ago and it was $6k a year. I'd hate to think how much it cost for three kids now days. Another aspect I didn't understand when I was there is that relationships that you form for life. If you can afford it, it will be a great investment in your kids that will pay huge dividends.

18. JimCSHO

JimCSHO Well-Known Member Established Member

The schools in Winston-Salem/Forsyth County are closed and doing "remote learning" until at least late October. So now a church and the Sheriff office have set up learning centers where the kids can go to do their school work. Up to 40 at a time, with plexiglass dividers for the stations. There are about 25 sites now set up with more to come.

So why can't the school do that as well? It makes no sense to me that "close the school" but let's set up learning centers (where the article today said some were logged in to the remote learning on laptops and others were playing with Legos). The only reason I can see that the schools closed is because ONE school board member said she wasn't comfortable sending her kids to in-class learning.

19. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

My neighbors are sending their two boys to private school now as well. They're getting a better education out of it too.

ShelbyGT5HUN, *Jay* and merc lover like this.
  20. Rb0891

Rb0891 Well-Known Member Established Member

These people need to be publicly called out and shamed in front of theor neighbors. Until that happens nothing will change.