Taxes and new candidates

sndmn_2000

Next is a Vette
Established Member
I got a email about some facts about the new candidates.

INTERESTING DATA JUST RECEIVED ON TAXES

Spread the word.....

This is something you should be
aware of so you don't get blind-sided.
This is really going to catch a lot
of families off guard. It should
make you worry.

Proposed changes in taxes after 2008 General election:

CAPITAL GAINS TAX

MCCAIN
0% on home sales up to $500,000
per home (couples) McCain does not
propose any change in existing
home sales income tax.

OBAMA
28% on profit from ALL home sales

How does this affect you?
If you sell your home and make a profit, you
will pay 28% of your gain on taxes.
If you are heading toward retirement
and would like to down-size your
home or move into a retirement
community, 28% of the money you
make from your home will go to taxes. This
proposal will adversely affect the
elderly who are counting on the income
from their homes as part of their retirement income.

DIVIDEND TAX

MCCAIN 15% (no change)

OBAMA 39.6%

How will this affect you?
If you have any money invested in stock
market, IRA, mutual funds,
college funds, life insurance, retirement
accounts, or anything that pays
or reinvests dividends, you will now
be paying nearly 40% of the money
earned on taxes if Obama become president.
The experts predict that 'higher
tax rates on dividends and capital gains
would crash the stock market yet
do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit.

INCOME TAX

MCCAIN (no changes)

Single making 30K - tax $4,500
Single making 50K - tax $12,500
Single making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 60K- tax $9,000
Married making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 125K - tax $31,250

OBAMA
(reversion to pre-Bush tax cuts)
Single making 30K - tax $8,400
Single making 50K - tax $14,000
Single making 75K - tax $23,250
Married making 60K - tax $16,800
Married making 75K - tax $21,000
Married making 125K - tax $38,750

Under Obama your taxes will
more than double!
How does this affect you? No explanation
needed. This is pretty
straight forward.

INHERITANCE TAX

MCCAIN 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax)

OBAMA Restore the inheritance tax

How does this affect you? Many families
have lost businesses,
farms and ranches, and homes
that have
been in their families
for generations because they could not
afford the inheritance tax.
Those willing their assets to loved
ones will not only lose them to
these taxes.

NEW TAXES BEING PROPOSED BY OBAMA

* New government taxes proposed on
homes that are more than
2400 square feet

* New gasoline taxes (as if
gas weren't high enough already)

* New taxes on natural resources
consumption (heating
gas, water, electricity)

* New taxes on retirement accounts
and last but not least....

* New taxes to pay for socialized medicine
so we can receive the same
level of medical care as other
third-world countries!!!

tistan

Established Member
I don't care what snopes says about this. A lot of the taxes that snopes says is not right I have personally heard Obama mention many of these taxes increases in speeches and interviews. He also always ends any proposed tax increase with it will only affect the rich. If you believe that I have a bridge I want to sell you.

This election has two of the worst candidates that this nation has ever had to choose from. The real issues threatening the existence of this nation aren't even being discussed. I'm personally tired of all these political threads from people who probably have only now decided to follow politics.

Common

Established Member
I still cant believe most people think we can get away with ALL this reckless spending and leave the taxes intact.

I just wonder how do you brain dead people think we will stay on top if we have SPENT ourselves into debt to our eyeballs but yet refuse to "replenish" any of the money we have spent.

Do you believe in tooth fairy too?

ahhh, do you regret supporting some of the "investments" now?

Last edited:
I still cant believe most people think we can get away with ALL this reckless spending and leave the taxes intact.

I just wonder how do you brain dead people think we will stay on top if we have SPENT ourselves into debt to our eyeballs but yet refuse to "replenish" any of the money we have spent.

I agree with you, but this country should be DEMANDING that the dump called Iraq pay back the USA for the entire Iraq war. Its the right thing to do. But it of course won't happen because our politicians want to see the demise of this nation because they are members of the New World Order and want to position this nation so they will be subserviant to the one world government that is to be run from Europe. This country needs to be paid back fro the war effort. Too bad BOTH current politicians are eunichs and complete frauds. :nonono:

Common

Established Member
I agree with you, but this country should be DEMANDING that the dump called Iraq pay back the USA for the entire Iraq war. Its the right thing to do. But it of course won't happen because our politicians want to see the demise of this nation because they are members of the New World Order and want to position this nation so they will be subserviant to the one world government that is to be run from Europe. This country needs to be paid back fro the war effort. Too bad BOTH current politicians are eunichs and complete frauds. :nonono:

What do you mean war effort?

That stopped being a war about 9 days into it. It is a babysitting project of insane proportions, money wise that is.
I understand not leaving all together and letting the country collapse but staying there full force is the most retarded thing we could have possibly done.

We are training their army, building their schools, infrastructure, there isn't a SINGLE thing involving money there that we arent the "investing" part of.

What do you mean war effort?

That stopped being a war about 9 days into it. It is a babysitting project of insane proportions, money wise that is.
I understand not leaving all together and letting the country collapse but staying there full force is the most retarded thing we could have possibly done.

We are training their army, building their schools, infrastructure, there isn't a SINGLE thing involving money there that we arent the "investing" part of.

That miserable Krapistan of a country should be paying the entire bill for this war. For training, for every soldier that dies for reconstruction, etc. I'm tired of US taxpayer money going to this toilet bowl of a nation. The US dollar needs to be repaired and this is the way of doing it.

Common

Established Member
That miserable Krapistan of a country should be paying the entire bill for this war. For training, for every soldier that dies for reconstruction, etc. I'm tired of US taxpayer money going to this toilet bowl of a nation. The US dollar needs to be repaired and this is the way of doing it.

It would be nice if we could afford all this and not raise taxes but it's simply impossible.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
That would be like you going over to your neighbor's house, mowing his overgrown lawn, and then telling him that he owes you money for the effort.

Everyone was gung-ho about staying the effort in Iraq through til the end, until the economy hit the crapper and then they all realized exactly how much money we have been throwing around over there to rebuild another country and now think we need to get out.

We need quit borrowing funds from China & Japan like it is going out of style, withdraw troops and lower spending for Iraq in a major way immediately, and we need to raise taxes a bit to lower our national debt and start paying our bills or we are going to turn into the MC Hammer of the greater world.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member

I'm a beilever and received a $2.00 bill that I have to this day:rockon: Found it under my pillow, I really did!

Users who are viewing this thread