Taser Axon Flux camera

wesessiah

Established Member
anyone have experience with these? we just got them and i'm the guinea pig. i received all of bascially a tiny comic strip for instructions. i kinda like to know everything there is to know about a piece of equipment, but this paperwork is as basic as basic gets. i have till friday to be able to give a briefing on the thing.

i've noticed that sometimes when i double click to record, it doesn't start up and only continues with the buffering light. my best guess is that it has to be turned on for x amount of time before it will record, since it goes back so far before you hit the record button. also, is it possible to get volume in that period it goes back to in the recording? anything at all someone could tell me would be helpful.

we have the shoulder mounts, so i look like predator running around, lol. thanks.

wesessiah

Established Member

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I would like to hear some opinions, I've been holding TASR stock for a while. It's priced for the Axon being a success with LE.

wesessiah

Established Member
I would like to hear some opinions, I've been holding TASR stock for a while. It's priced for the Axon being a success with LE.

my thoughts so far... it's really not cumbersome like a lot of people think, but it's tough to remember to hit record so far. it's a little bit of a pain in the ass to charge it for 6 hours for 12 hours of use... but i haven't ran it down to red yet, since they want video, and not have me run it down and miss a video showing how well it works. it shows video and audio very well, but if you have to really fight somebody it's probably coming off and you're only going to get audio. everybody (that will have to wear them) will be apprehensive. you have somebody around that likes to throw people under the bus they could turn the lights and recording signal off and try to get someone off on a rant and turn the video in. i do think it will cut down on a lot of fake complaints... "he roughed me up" when the officer was never within a mile of him, will end very quickly.

you're not going to find patrol officers clamoring for them, but the brass is what counts, and they'll be the ones deciding whether or not to get them. so, an opinion of someone who is above sergeant will be your best indicator.

wesessiah

Established Member
just realized i spelled it wrong in the title, whoops, lol... flex.

Hlistr_07RR

Angel's Daddy
Established Member
I've been using them for a year. If you've got questions, fire away. Honestly, when I first got them I was leery, but now? I wouldn't be without it. It's gotten me out of a lot of shit. People come in to complain, then within a day that shit gets thrown out the window after the video is watched. And I've noticed a majority of the time when you tell people they're being recorded their behavior changes a lot. I've even seen it stop some fights before it starts. I.E. respond to a bar for a fight, as people are flowing out wanting to fight they see my camera and start yelling at each other "Yo, he's got a camera son" and they break up and disperse. I could go on and on. It's incredible for keeping record/preserving evidence like DUI's. I don't even take notes on SFST's I just refer to the camera. I'm sure you've even seen a few of my videos on the news.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I've been using them for a year. If you've got questions, fire away. Honestly, when I first got them I was leery, but now? I wouldn't be without it. It's gotten me out of a lot of shit. People come in to complain, then within a day that shit gets thrown out the window after the video is watched. And I've noticed a majority of the time when you tell people they're being recorded their behavior changes a lot. I've even seen it stop some fights before it starts. I.E. respond to a bar for a fight, as people are flowing out wanting to fight they see my camera and start yelling at each other "Yo, he's got a camera son" and they break up and disperse. I could go on and on. It's incredible for keeping record/preserving evidence like DUI's. I don't even take notes on SFST's I just refer to the camera. I'm sure you've even seen a few of my videos on the news.

You pretty much sum up what I expected when they debuted the camera. I thought officers will be hesitant but would grow to appreciate it. I knew with Samsung's involvement it would probably be a quality piece. What I liked most about it was that it provids a direct POV to see what the officer sees and that allows someone to better understand an officers actions in a given situation because you almost see it through their eyes. You can't always get that from a bystander video, or dash cam footage.

wesessiah

Established Member
for those curious about the camera... i was on the news two days in a row on two different stations for stories on the cameras. not going to post those videos here, because of how internet people are, but i didn't get nearly as much air time, or any speaking parts like the female officer did. if any leo wants to pm me, i'll link you to the videos.

Users who are viewing this thread