Tangled with a 03 Cobra......kinda

FEARSM

Established Member
I was coming to work this morning on the highway and noticed blue car coming up from the rear. Checked the hood and the fog lights and it was definitely a 03 Cobra. I was on the far left and so when the car got close I moved over 1 lane to the right. As the car slowly passed me I noticed the Cobra name on the back bumper. When the driver was about 1 car in front of me he/she hit the gas and pulled about a car. I responded in turn and immediately stopped the pull. Traffic was coming up quick but I did put about 1.5 cars on the Cobra before the end of the gear. Not calling this a kill because I am really not sure how hard the Cobra was on it. Odd thing is I did not hear the infamous blower whine. The SP67 is a bit loud when it spools up though. I talked to a couple of Stangers here on island and it is indeed a 03 Cobra...there was a female driving it which is pretty cool....

FEARSM

Established Member
Originally posted by Tired
Might have been an 01 model. They can be hard to tell apart sometimes.

Nope...all aready verified that. I know the 03 when I see it...used to have a few stangs myself back in the day....

FEARSM

Established Member
Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
Good kill.

(Girl driver probably didn't downshift, though :p )

Probably didnt, thats why I am not really calling it a kill. Wouldnt have mattered though, I had her covered. I was running about 18 lbs a boost which should be about 550rwhp or so and she was not modded.

1Yellow03

Established Member
Good run! I would not call it a kill! But with the kinda power you have under your hood. You would beat her, and me too! Dammmmm! I like fast cars!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Yeah, not too many 03's are going to take down 550RWHP with simple mods. Would be damn fun to try though!:-D

The torque makes 6th a realistic passing gear, but not the best choice when racing a beefed Supra!:)

Mcteague

Banned
6th a passing gear? I've never been in the new Cobra but for comparison, 6th in my 02 SS is used mainly for steady highway cruising. Stepping on 6th, at any speed, is not very spectacular with stock gearing. Does a stock 03 pull hard in 6th? I mean hard enough to push you into the seat?

FEARSM

Established Member
Originally posted by nyk438
Supra BLEH! Sorry anything rice is not nice oo00ooo:lol: :rolleyes:

nice kill

So because I do car shows(10 trophies), a few videos(Grip 2), a few mags, my car is rice? Most of us import guys think rice is the appearance of hp with nothing to back it up. 550rwhp is my low boost setting at 18 psi....I push 30 at the track and on race gas....If thats rice then so be it.....

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
Originally posted by FEARSM
So because I do car shows(10 trophies), a few videos(Grip 2), a few mags, my car is rice? Most of us import guys think rice is the appearance of hp with nothing to back it up. 550rwhp is my low boost setting at 18 psi....I push 30 at the track and on race gas....If thats rice then so be it.....
TO ME, rice is something so completely outrageous that it doesnt belong on a car. You can break that down into huge wings, stupid ass paint jobs, more vinyl that the beetles sold, LCD monitors popping out from everywhere, a few thousand watts of stereo, dual exhaust on a inline 4 or 6, giant wheels, tires with stupidly small sidewalls, the ever so popular neon bullshit, anything APC, painted brake drums, enough nos bottles to make Vin Diesel jelous, whatever. Unfortunately car shows now just promote this crap. Doesnt matter to me if your pushing 900whp or 90, this shit doesnt belong on cars.

You like what you like and thats fine, its your car and your money. 550whp is very respectable, but to me, hes got a point.

FEARSM

Established Member
TO ME, rice is something so completely outrageous that it doesnt belong on a car. You can break that down into huge wings, stupid ass paint jobs, more vinyl that the beetles sold, LCD monitors popping out from everywhere, a few thousand watts of stereo, dual exhaust on a inline 4 or 6, giant wheels, tires with stupidly small sidewalls, the ever so popular neon bullshit, anything APC, painted brake drums, enough nos bottles to make Vin Diesel jelous, whatever. Unfortunately car shows now just promote this crap. Doesnt matter to me if your pushing 900whp or 90, this shit doesnt belong on cars.

You like what you like and thats fine, its your car and your money. 550whp is very respectable, but to me, hes got a point.

Thats all an opinion. Who are u to say what is supposed to be on a car. So you can have paint job just not an outrageous one? Who judges what that is? My color is a stock color now, just happens to be from Lamborghini. So you can have a stock stereo but not anything else. Do u think the imports are the only ones with car shows? 550 whp is my low boost setting..there is alot more where that comes from..

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Thats all an opinion. Who are u to say what is supposed to be on a car. So you can have paint job just not an outrageous one? Who judges what that is? My color is a stock color now, just happens to be from Lamborghini. So you can have a stock stereo but not anything else. Do u think the imports are the only ones with car shows? 550 whp is my low boost setting..there is alot more where that comes from..
If you haven't noticed you're on www.svtperformance.com not wings, stickers, fart cans and blings.com. Don't get all defensive because some here don't like the import "style" if it can be called that.

You beat the car regardless of what it was so it's still a kill. Good kill.

Tired

Needs 4 more cylinders.
Established Member
Did i not state at the very beginning that thats what rice is to me?

Did i not say that its your car and your money?

I said nothing about a stock paint job, or a decent paint job that doesnt look f***ing stupid. And as a matter of fact, i think a deep purple looks quite nice on some cars. I happened to be refferring to these so called "custom" jobs that look like some fool with a warehouse of colors went apeshit on someones car, flames, and all this other busy mess.

I said nothing about it being wrong having a diffrent stereo setup than stock. I said that having a few thousand watts of stereo equipment is excessive, and to me, rice. Hell, im considering an aftermarket headunit and 6x9s, just because i feel it would sound much better than the stock version. Theres absolutely no practical use for more than 1 12in sub in a streetcar, period.

I said your horsepower is respectable, so why are you commenting on that? Im quite sure you could turn up the boost and get bigger numbers, thats pretty much a given.

And furthermore, did i say ANYTHING AT ALL about imports? I could give a shit if you were driving a Chevy, Ford, Honda, or even a Fiat, rice is rice. Theres more than a few morons in domestics driving around with triple deck wings on a car thats never, ever going to see speeds where downforce is required. Go back and re-read my post.

FEARSM

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
If you haven't noticed you're on www.svtperformance.com not wings, stickers, fart cans and blings.com. Don't get all defensive because some here don't like the import "style" if it can be called that.

You beat the car regardless of what it was so it's still a kill. Good kill.

I know exactly where I am. I am not defensive at all. I simply asked questions to see what his opinions were. My car is a street car. I drive it everyday. I just happen to do car shows and also drag race the car just for fun. I didnt build to to be trendy or to comply with whatever import style u are referring to.

Last edited:

FEARSM

Established Member
Did i not state at the very beginning that thats what rice is to me?

Did i not say that its your car and your money?

I said nothing about a stock paint job, or a decent paint job that doesnt look f***ing stupid. And as a matter of fact, i think a deep purple looks quite nice on some cars. I happened to be refferring to these so called "custom" jobs that look like some fool with a warehouse of colors went apeshit on someones car, flames, and all this other busy mess.

I said nothing about it being wrong having a diffrent stereo setup than stock. I said that having a few thousand watts of stereo equipment is excessive, and to me, rice. Hell, im considering an aftermarket headunit and 6x9s, just because i feel it would sound much better than the stock version. Theres absolutely no practical use for more than 1 12in sub in a streetcar, period.

I said your horsepower is respectable, so why are you commenting on that? Im quite sure you could turn up the boost and get bigger numbers, thats pretty much a given.

And furthermore, did i say ANYTHING AT ALL about imports? I could give a shit if you were driving a Chevy, Ford, Honda, or even a Fiat, rice is rice. Theres more than a few morons in domestics driving around with triple deck wings on a car thats never, ever going to see speeds where downforce is required. Go back and re-read my post.

No problem....I understand where u are coming from. I just wanted to know what your definition of rice was because the term has so may different meanings, especially import to domestic...Apparently I came off a bit more harsh than I though. My bad....

Users who are viewing this thread