Tampa Coyotes

N20D5OH

Established Member
Agree, there is NO sub'n a slick at the track. But they are dual purpose and proven successful. The TSC was insane. ALL riding on MT ETs or Pros. Drive to the track & Home if desired. Speaking for myself and maybe some, our cars are not DD or our wheels and tires set ups are not DD. As so weather, it is Fl. but we all know to use better judgement and research on the % of sketch weather. But that's a whole different can of worms. lol

So on another subject, what's this new setup going to run JayVee?

_Snake_

Established Member
So, my mom co-signed on my car..I couldn't get approved at the time (18yo when I got it) and apparently I can't legally take the car to the track since the bank technically owns it, and if I wrecked at the track I could be sued by my bank. Really bummed out. Is that true? I don't think I am the only person with a modified car that isn't paid off.

You can legally take the car to the track. Just understand anything that happens isn't covered by your insurance company. It only becomes an issue if something happens there and you submit a claim saying it happened somewhere else (insurance fraud).

JTS_7

Established Member
Psssfff, who knows. Hopefully, get to find out here sometime soon. It sure feels and runs stout for what it is.

Need to get to the track when some nice cool weather rolls in. Slim chance these days with the weather starting to warm up.

JTS_7

Established Member
In other tire news.

Mickey thompson has or is dropping new drag radials. I wiukdnr mind trying some on my street rims.

The ET street SS and the ET street R.

2hrzp1c.jpg

2nq44y1.jpg

Last edited:

JTS_7

Established Member
Is everyone going to come out of their homes any time soon?

Gets boring running the same old cars LOL

BMR Tech

JTS_7.....what did your make on the dyno for that 9.7@143 pass?

Also, where can I find out more info on the MT tires (new ones?)

JTS_7

Established Member
JTS_7.....what did your make on the dyno for that 9.7@143 pass?

Not sure what my car made power wise on that pass. On the dyno where Sai tunes cars (can't think of name) it made 740 on 8-9psi on a cold night with 20" wheels. Also made 640 @ 6psi iirc.

I have since made some changes to the tune with HPtuners and upped the boost to 11psi (maybe more)if I recall correctly on that run. So it's a guess to where the power was at......but I'd say quite a bit over 740 though which I don't feel comfortable with and I have since dialed the car back, I was just chasing a 9 sec slip, since that was my goal all along.

As for the tires, no idea a buddy showed me. I saw MT has the "R" version on their website for sale. I guess give them a call.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
We were out this weekend Jaime. You just need a facebook so you can be in the loop :)

[youtube_browser]xARNSzZKo_O[/youtube_browser]

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
The loop is facebook. With all due respect to anyone who is listening, you gotta be on facebook to know when the meets are. I can't text people individually to set them up as it's time consuming enough to keep up with social media. lol Get on facebook and stay connected!

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Not sure what my car made power wise on that pass. On the dyno where Sai tunes cars (can't think of name) it made 740 on 8-9psi on a cold night with 20" wheels. Also made 640 @ 6psi iirc.

I have since made some changes to the tune with HPtuners and upped the boost to 11psi (maybe more)if I recall correctly on that run. So it's a guess to where the power was at......but I'd say quite a bit over 740 though which I don't feel comfortable with and I have since dialed the car back, I was just chasing a 9 sec slip, since that was my goal all along.

As for the tires, no idea a buddy showed me. I saw MT has the "R" version on their website for sale. I guess give them a call.
So your tweaking sai's sct tune with Hpt?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member

I just happened to call about these tires today... I was told some size ET Street R's are available and all sizes will be out at the end of March. The sizes are on their website. As far as the SS, those will be out in June.

Users who are viewing this thread