Tampa Boys. Vastly Superior Shop. Need For Speed

ltv1

Established Member
Isn’t it amazing what one competent company can do?

I am sorry if this violates “vendor policy”, but it could possibly save a lot of Tampa Cobra owners some money, IMHO. Need For Speed un-assed several serious problems that were performed at an inferior shop.

My Cobra was a totally undrivable. I had exhausted most all avenues, and of course, the dealership knuckle draggers were not an option. Several of my posts may have appeared slightly hostile.

Problems remedied with Autologic chip:
3 Stalls. 2 low speed, 1 high speed. 1 Low speed stall when A/C was turned on.
Tachometer stopped working twice, works after you re-start vehicle.
Boost drops to zero at 5500 rpm in 3rd gear WOT.

Shifted to 4th with 0 boost, engine stalled and service engine light came on.

Many more stalls and spikes occurred; this was in my first letter to the little shop I took my car to first, and in my letter to Autologic.

It turns out he was not even an Autologic programmer. The trick shady shops use is to take a 4 prog chip and use a generic download that just kind of works.”Kind of” results in the above vehicle operation.

My TOB was also shattered, and the bearing behind it. It was replaced with a Valeo bearing, OEM is crap. My MAF that the last shop I went to rammed into a stock snorkel and sent me packing has been re-routed into an aftermarket heat shield. The length made up with a Vortech pipe.

I took the car out last night and beat it like a red headed stepchild. *Not one malfunction*. And I tried like hell!

Attached is my Dyno on a 90+ degree Florida day. The name of the company is probably already familiar for most:

NEED FOR SPEED NEED FOR SPEED NEED FOR SPEED NEED FOR SPEED
NEED FOR SPEED NEED FOR SPEED NEED FOR SPEED NEED FOR SPEED
www.need-4-speed.com (727) 539-7733

I am going to cross post this to the regional board, as it appears we have at least one shop to trust in West Florida.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I am glad tony took care of you. He has always been great to deal with. I would definately recommend him. I was just over at his shop today ordering some stuff.

BTW - what size pulley are you using?

Last edited:

ltv1

Established Member
2003 Sonic Blue Coupe
Pimp Limo Tint
2.93 Upper
Metco Idler
Pro-M 92mm MAF
Pro 5.0 Shifter
*** Custom Subs
Catted Dr. Gas X-Pipe
Delta Flowmasters
Autologic Chip Programmed by Tony@ need-4-speed.com

I am going to probably slam it next.

ltv1

Established Member
I have 2 Cats. If they are restrictive, it sure isn't a lot of resistance. The sound is what I like the most. X vs. H pipe. The X-pipe has a slight "Indy" sound/whine to it that you notice when rolling at higher rpms or double-clutching. The standard H-pipe with Flows is a very common sound around here, as you well know. I was going for a little different sound, it sounds different but not strange. You still know it has balls. My wife didn't want Maggies.

DamageInc

Banned
I'm curious, what inferior shop did you have the bad experience at? At least email me the name or private message me. I know one shop in Clearwater that I wouldn't let work on any of my cars ever again after the crap they pulled with me.
By the way, I highly recommend IdleWild as well as Need4Speed.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Damage - what shop are you referring to? I was going to PM you but you dont have pm.

scroush

I'm curious, what inferior shop did you have the bad experience at? At least email me the name or private message me. I know one shop in Clearwater that I wouldn't let work on any of my cars ever again after the crap they pulled with me.

I think he is referring to Idlewild if I'm not mistaken.

Los

ltv1

Established Member
It is beneath me to give the name of the shop. It only took Need For Speed to fix everything that was wrong with my car, and there was a lot, so why search any further? Everything else is water under the bridge. You can only expect so much from certain people. Pushing only causes more potentially lethal problems for me. If the job wasn't done properly twice, it was beyond their capabilities. Or beyond the capabilities of whatever people he subs his work out to.

In the end, we all know what we have done.

Users who are viewing this thread