Tall Guy need a solution

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
I’m 6’7” and 320 LBS. I’m Looking into getting a Cobra. I have owned a few new edges and never had an issue. I recently sat in a 04. The seats sit higher than other new edges or so it seems to me.

Just looking around it looks like the Kenny Brown seat extender puts the seat back and down. Any one have experience with these?

would also consider a racing seat. Would have to be a wider one. Any recommendations?

any advice is appreciated.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
A friend of mine is running some kind of seat extenders in his 03. I know he's running race seats too. I think Corbeaus. He's 6'4", but only about 250. He's wide though from all the weightlifting.

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
Racing seats are an option. Currently looking at the LG1 wide. Seems like they sit lower than stock from the pics I’ve seen. Are they widest that will fit?

I would love to keep the original seats tho. That’s why I’m hoping some one with the Kenny Brown seat extenders will chime in.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
My CR1's sit lower for sure, and extend back plenty for my 165lb 5' 9" short ass

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Most aftermarket seats sit much lower than the factory seat does. In fact, Ken from Palm Beach Dyno just did a video on a set of Carbon Fiber seats and was saying how it sits too low for him now and needs a custom bracket fabed up to make it sit taller.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you want to keep your factory seats....
Stifflers Seat Rail Extenders Mustang 1999-2004 SN95 GT, Cobra, Bullitt, Mach1

Lethal Performance Seat Extenders

LMR Mustang Seat Track Extensions (79-04) STLM12

Kenny Brown Seat Rail Extenders for 1999-2004 Mustang and Cobra

Here's an older thread with some input from others with your similar question. One thing to keep in mind. If you extend the driver's seat back 4" you're going to have an issue reaching for the shifter unless you have long arms.
https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/03-04-cobra-seat-modifications.423405/

How To Install Seat Extensions

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
Hopefully my 6’8” wingspan and a MGW shifter will help. Probably gonna try a seat extender and if that still doesn’t do it I’ll go with a race seat.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I wish I wasn’t this tall lol. There are SOO many cars I would love to own that I don’t fit in.

I'm not small. 20 years Infantry, juicing and lat pulldowns and shoulder workouts 7 days a week contributed to my narrow selection of cars that I fit into as well. A vette being one of them. No Recaro GT350 seats for me either

I left the 03/04 Cobras a few years ago and got into the GT500. Never looked back.
Just kidding on the juicing thing :)

Users who are viewing this thread