Taking a shop to court

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
So I brought my z06 to a local shop back in July. They ended up having some bozo put it all together and smoked my motor a week later. It dropped a valve and just destroyed everything. I was promised I would get taken care of but got the run around for months. Last week I get a text message from one of the owners saying he and his partner had a falling out and he closed the business down and I needed to come get my car.

The guy I was dealing with, who is actually a 40 year old immature baby come to find out, who is a friend of a friend refuses to answer my calls or text messages. I already called a lawyer and probably have a legitimate case to bring these two scumbags to court.

Has anyone gone through a similar situation? and if so what were the outcomes? I'm looking for all the advice I can get on how to handle this.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I know that he owns a dyno and several lifts and a lot of tools. But yes it's an llc and he rented the building.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
14k plus whatever it's going to cost me to put a new motor in now

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That really sucks that you’re having to go through this. Also sucks that people so often DON’T do the right thing. I hope you do get a fair amount of financial recovery.

Machdup1

Established Member
The bank probably is a secured creditor and will get their’s first and you will likely get nothing.

Ask a lawyer, but this might be a case of you are an honest guy, who did the right thing and got ****ed.

Pick up your ride and create a post over on corvette forum with names of the owners, the mechanic and the business stating exactly what happened. Destroy their reputations through honesty.

Ask around on corvette forum to find out who the reputable shops are in your area. I use Virginia Speed in the Mid Atlantic region.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
The bank probably is a secured creditor and will get their’s first and you will likely get nothing.

Ask a lawyer, but this might be a case of you are an honest guy, who did the right thing and got ****ed.

Pick up your ride and create a post over on corvette forum with names of the owners, the mechanic and the business stating exactly what happened. Destroy their reputations through honesty.

Ask around on corvette forum to find out who the reputable shops are in your area. I use Virginia Speed in the Mid Atlantic region.
Yea I was going to go over there and say something.
I have someone else local who I know is a legitimate business that’s willing to work on the car or I could take it to RPM but right now I just don’t have the coin to dive head first into another build.

sleek98

Established Member
With an LLC your not going to get anything. By the time the lawyers are paid there will be nothing left. The tools are likely not in the company name, and the dyno and lifts might be but might not be.

Really bad deal for you but I don’t see how you are going to get paid, people don’t own up to their mistakes anymore. Did you pay with a credit card by chance?

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Bro, u do realize that the courts are backed up a couple years now for CRIMINAL cases! They are just getting to criminal cases from 2020. Civil cases will take even longer.

Ur not gonna get a dime! Ur attorney is the only one that will make out in this deal. Probably rents the dyno so that means nothing.

If they were still in business u would still have a multi year fight on ur hands but now that they are going out of business ur beat and for $14k that aint worth years of drama.

Who knows if the courts would even decide in ur favor. Cut ur loses and post what happened and move on.....

When the guy goes to court he will just present this and say ur fight is with Chevy not me. He may be right! Valve dropping in Zo6's is a common problem.

"The lawsuit claims that General Motors is fully aware of the LS7 valve guide problem, but the automaker has yet to come up with a solution."

So I brought my z06 to a local shop back in July. They ended up having some bozo put it all together and smoked my motor a week later. It dropped a valve and just destroyed everything. I was promised I would get taken care of but got the run around for months. Last week I get a text message from one of the owners saying he and his partner had a falling out and he closed the business down and I needed to come get my car.

The guy I was dealing with, who is actually a 40 year old immature baby come to find out, who is a friend of a friend refuses to answer my calls or text messages. I already called a lawyer and probably have a legitimate case to bring these two scumbags to court.

Has anyone gone through a similar situation? and if so what were the outcomes? I'm looking for all the advice I can get on how to handle this.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It wouldn't be worth your time or effort.

I would agree to come get your car, and while there start talking about restitution and see if you can get them to agree to give you anything. $100 is better than you'll be getting after it would go through court.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
With an LLC your not going to get anything. By the time the lawyers are paid there will be nothing left. The tools are likely not in the company name, and the dyno and lifts might be but might not be.

Really bad deal for you but I don’t see how you are going to get paid, people don’t own up to their mistakes anymore. Did you pay with a credit card by chance?
I did so I’m going to initiate a charge back and see how that goes. The dude went MIA and refuses to answer his phone and I’m not the only one he ****ed.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Bro, u do realize that the courts are backed up a couple years now for CRIMINAL cases! They are just getting to criminal cases from 2020. Civil cases will take even longer.

Ur not gonna get a dime! Ur attorney is the only one that will make out in this deal. Probably rents the dyno so that means nothing.

If they were still in business u would still have a multi year fight on ur hands but now that they are going out of business ur beat and for $14k that aint worth years of drama.

Who knows if the courts would even decide in ur favor. Cut ur loses and post what happened and move on.....

When the guy goes to court he will just present this and say ur fight is with Chevy not me. He may be right! Valve dropping in Zo6's is a common problem.

"The lawsuit claims that General Motors is fully aware of the LS7 valve guide problem, but the automaker has yet to come up with a solution."

After market heads there guy

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I know where he lives I just don’t want to go to jail if you catch my drift
Don't do that. You'll either end up in jail or the hospital.

Can't you hire a lawyer, get it all sorted and have him pay for your lawyer/court fees? Have them garnish his wages.

Users who are viewing this thread