Take Away my Man Card

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I bought a EGO string trimmer, and it rocks. I've had their blower and hedge trimmers for a few years, and have zero complaints. So much lighter, especially on the hedge trimmers. I've always run commercial Echo stuff, but this is unreal. I do 4 yards, and this string trimmer is better than the gas deal. No recharge needed during the usage, it just rocks through. The head has been suspect on some reviews, but we'll see. Battery shit has come so far it's unreal. I really never thought I'd type something like this as a gas junky. Bought mine with a battery and charger,
EGO POWER+ 15 in. 56-Volt Lithium ion Cordless String Trimmer w/Rapid Reload Head (Battery and Charger NOT included)-ST1500F - The Home Depot

coposrv

Established Member
When I have to take a golf cart I’ll take electric over gas every time. I hate the gas carts. Too loud.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
C'mon, everybody knows SVTP whacks their weeds with nothing less than a small block

Never seen a battery weed whacker finish a whole yard in one charge after 6 months of owning it but like said earlier, batteries are becoming better and better
Screenshot_20190907-191502_DuckDuckGo.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I bought a EGO string trimmer, and it rocks. I've had their blower and hedge trimmers for a few years, and have zero complaints. So much lighter, especially on the hedge trimmers. I've always run commercial Echo stuff, but this is unreal. I do 4 yards, and this string trimmer is better than the gas deal. No recharge needed during the usage, it just rocks through. The head has been suspect on some reviews, but we'll see. Battery shit has come so far it's unreal. I really never thought I'd type something like this as a gas junky. Bought mine with a battery and charger,
EGO POWER+ 15 in. 56-Volt Lithium ion Cordless String Trimmer w/Rapid Reload Head (Battery and Charger NOT included)-ST1500F - The Home Depot
I had a fleet of Stihl gas yard assault weapons. I still have the chain saw, hedge trimmer, and blower. One of my neighbors has the backpack blower by those folks you posted and I am seriously interested.

When I or my neighbor fire up our Stihl gas blowers I feel like a friggin Neanderthal now.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I had a fleet of Stihl gas yard assault weapons. I still have the chain saw, hedge trimmer, and blower. One of my neighbors has the backpack blower by those folks you posted and I am seriously interested.

When I or my neighbor fire up our Stihl gas blowers I feel like a friggin Neanderthal now.

They work now and will still be working while the electric **** are replacing a battery every 10 minutes

Coiled03

Established Member
Battery powered equipment always rocks in the beginning. But, after multiple charge/discharge cycles, the batteries rapidly begin to age.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Battery powered equipment always rocks in the beginning. But, after multiple charge/discharge cycles, the batteries rapidly begin to age.

Pretty much this..big problem is the cheap chargers aren’t properly conditioning the batteries. If you buy one, then you better buy several of those expensive ass batteries to go with it.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I don't know Gregg, my blower and trimmer are two years old and still kicking. I still have my gas stuff.

Coiled03

Established Member
I don't know Gregg, my blower and trimmer are two years old and still kicking. I still have my gas stuff.

I'll admit, I haven't used any of them recently, mainly because I don't own a house anymore lol. But, it's essentially inevitable. A battery is nothing but a chemical reaction. Recharging them will never restore them to their initial state. I suppose it's possible they can improve the technology enough to make it barely perceptible. But, it will lose its power over time.

Regardless, if you've found something that works for you, more power to you.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
You talking about me?

I didn’t call you out and Ive said that before about electric. I have experience with people being unhappy with electric weedwhackers and mowers. I worked in retail where we sold them. We had plenty that we die hard liberal **** that swore up and down that it would outlast a gas model and halfway through the mowing season they were right back there having me help them get either more batteries or a gas product.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I didn’t call you out and Ive said that before about electric. I have experience with people being unhappy with electric weedwhackers and mowers. I worked in retail where we sold them. We had plenty that we die hard liberal **** that swore up and down that it would outlast a gas model and halfway through the mowing season they were right back there having me help them get either more batteries or a gas product.
Just messing with you Jeff. They really have come a long way. I'm a die hard 2 stroke guy, but really unreal how far this stuff has come.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Just messing with you Jeff. They really have come a long way. I'm a die hard 2 stroke guy, but really unreal how far this stuff has come.

I got a lot of chewings back in my retail days because the electric were garbage. Properly charged and maintained its good stuff for small areas. The main problem is people over charge the crap out the batteries or expect it to be able to do what a gas model can. 2 stroke smokers are just impossible to kill when you actually take care of them and I had a ton of happy customers come back and thank me for steering them into that direction

If they can get the longevity up and make the batteries to where they are not so destructive when you have to get rid of them Im all for electric.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I got a lot of chewings back in my retail days because the electric were garbage. Properly charged and maintained its good stuff for small areas. The main problem is people over charge the crap out the batteries or expect it to be able to do what a gas model can. 2 stroke smokers are just impossible to kill when you actually take care of them and I had a ton of happy customers come back and thank me for steering them into that direction

If they can get the longevity up and make the batteries to where they are not so destructive when you have to get rid of them Im all for electric.
Still have a 15 year Ego trimmer, blower and hedge trimmer Jeff. I have had to replace the carbs. New chargers actually cycle the batteries I assume.

Users who are viewing this thread